Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2020, 03:20 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This is poetic justice for those who ignored the terrible reputation and proven nefarious history of the grifter they supported. If any one deserves to pay the price they indeed do.

When someone shows you who they are...believe them!
Ahhh, you're not getting enough freebies. Poor thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 03:31 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limaman View Post
I gather you do not own a house.
I pay more in income taxes because of the salt.
Who are those people who have been helped by Trump?
Yes my 401 k is doing great but at what cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
That would be because your local and state governments are screwing you. The only thing Trump did was make sure that people who live in high tax localities actually pay for it, rather than offsetting the theft with other people's money.
Your post stuck me as funny. He's not thieving from corporate ... that for sure, everyone else though has to pick up the slack ...

The title of the thread "Trump has given corporations and Wall Street everything they’ve wanted and nothing has trickled down to his supporters"

Much of the middle class help put him in office, yes? This is what they have won ...

Here's how the Trump tax plan would raise taxes on many middle-income families

Under Trump's tax bill, employees pay higher rates than biggest corporations in the world: Study

"Workers at some of the biggest corporations in the world are paying higher tax rates than their employers, according to a new study by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.

The Republican-passed tax cuts signed by President Trump in 2017 permanently lowered the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent but many companies are paying nowhere near that figure. The study identified 379 Fortune 500 companies that turned a profit in 2019 and found that the companies paid an average tax rate of 11.3 percent."

I don't think people are paying attention .. seriously I don't.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:43 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This is poetic justice for those who ignored the terrible reputation and proven nefarious history of the grifter they supported. If any one deserves to pay the price they indeed do.

When someone shows you who they are...believe them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Ahhh, you're not getting enough freebies. Poor thing.
Maybe you have yet to realize this, but the middle class, as well as, republicans --- have needed assistance too, you know.

It ceases to be a freebie when the person needing it realizes they have already paid for it, then it becomes, the government stole it and they won't give it back when I need it.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:05 PM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
So sorry --- here we go:

2019 Brooking Metro Press Release

"The report, titled Meet the low-wage workforce, demonstrates that these workers are not monolithic, segmenting the nation’s low-wage workers into nine groups based on age, educational attainment, and school enrollment." [my bold]

Just to be clear ...

Low-wage workers are suffering from a decline in the real value of the federal minimum wage

"Low-wage workers in particular are falling behind because the federal minimum wage has not been raised in 10 years, remaining stuck at $7.25 per hour since 2009."
Nobody ever said they were monolithic and nobody is disputing the federal minimum wage has not been raised in 10 years.

Get back to me when you have something directly on point.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:24 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
In the OP's defense it's hard to see what's going on in the real world from those tiny windows in Mom's basement.

I've sometimes wondered if the OP had an acrimonious end to a relationship with a boyfriend or husband who turned out in the end to be a lot like Trump .

Old 01-25-2020, 10:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Both parties serve their corporate and banking masters.
There is no pro labor party.
This is a major reason I don't once again expect to vote for either party for president. My vote will go to the Libertarian candidate largely to protest against the Democrat and Republican not being worthy of my vote.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I beg to differ, my IRA is up by A LOT.
So, mine also went up a lot while Obama was president. Do you not realize that the stock market doubled while Obama was president?

Old 01-25-2020, 11:07 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Trump was elected by people who believed his claim that he was their last hope. As he said, "Only I can fix it." And now, the whole country is in a fix.

Old 01-25-2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Wrong as usual my investments and money are doing great much better than stagnation Barry's economy plus I got a raise!
Do you not realize the stock market doubled while Obama was president?

Old 01-25-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
^^^ This!!!

If Warren or other Dem becomes president, count on the stock market to drop and everyone's retirement accounts to plummet!!!
I guess you would rather not remember what happened to the stock market toward the end of Bush's 2nd term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies