Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 03:53 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times

Advertisements

With all saw what happened in the 2018 mid term elections with Donald Trump campaigning 24-7!

Quote:
With the Senate unlikely to remove President Trump from office, the impact of the impeachment trial is most frequently viewed by whether it will help or hurt his reelection chances in November.
But it’s not just the electoral prospects of the president that are under the microscope as the Senate trial kicks into gear. The fate of a handful of incumbent senators facing tough races — and ultimately whether Democrats or Republicans control the Senate after 2020 — may be on the line.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell currently oversees a 53-47 Republican majority. Democrats would have to flip four seats to gain control of the chamber if Trump wins reelection and only three if a Democrat unseats him, thanks to the vice president’s role as the tiebreaking vote in the Senate.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...rity/23907529/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2020, 03:54 PM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
No, but it will cost the Democrats the House of Representatives.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:01 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Ditto!

The entire three years of resist, the non-stop witch hunt, all the divisive and expensive BS has cost the Dem's.

The impeachment is the last straw for independents. I know because I am one.

Again, for the umpteenth time, I did not vote for Trump. I voted for the Libertarian. I am a Paul Libertarian.

I will be voting for Trump this time around, and I will sleep like a baby knowing I voted for the right person. So will millions more.

I hope the left will blame Shiff, Pelosi, Waters, Nadler, Schumer, AOC and the 4 horse manures. The Dem's have been pulled off the cliff.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:02 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Yeah, that's the endgame here for the Dems. I don't think they're actually trying to make Mike Pence president, which is what removing Trump from office would do, and is why I'm lukewarm on the idea of actually doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The other day, one of the double-digit IQs on my Facebook feed shared something about how they were going to "vote Nancy Pelosi out of office." I asked them if they were moving to San Francisco first, where her district is.

They don't really understand how it works.

I'm not really a Pelosi fan and would vote for somebody else if I could. But I can't, and I understand why not.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:04 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
I won't venture a guess until the democrats pick a presidential candidate. who will they pick? I have no clue, but we will know in a few months....maybe.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:04 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Could impeachment cost the GOP its Senate majority?
It could do that if they continue to show contempt for the law and the constitution. They can get through this with honor, while getting what they want (acquit Trump), but the mockery is not working well.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:13 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I won't venture a guess until the democrats pick a presidential candidate. who will they pick? I have no clue, but we will know in a few months....maybe.

Oh please! Tell me one current candidate that could beat Trump.

I'm prepared to see HRC or Michelle Obama jump in on the brokered convention that is coming.

Mike Bloomberg is the only other logical choice and he is an old white billionaire! GREAT OPTICS for the party of identity politics. Maybe if he had Buttigieg (how great of a name is that BUTT-E-GIG) as his running mate (his running mate! I crack me up) he might get 45%.

Everyone else will be grounded in a logical choice.

Everything abut the US is running on high octane. Best EVERYTHING in decades.

Good luck to anyone still deluding themselves into believing they stand a chance against a guy who will chew them up and spit them out in a debate. It would be hilarious!!!

I am so looking forward to this. It'll be Jeb Bush (Deer in headlights) 2.0!

I can't wait!!!

Old 01-23-2020, 04:16 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
\GREAT OPTICS for the party of identity politics.
Trumpism is just identity politics for white people afraid of their impending future as a minority, and Baby Boomers who were hippies in 1969 rolling around in mud and raw sewage, cultivating new strains of venereal disease, getting high on drugs, talking for decades about how it was the pinnacle of American culture in the latter half of the 20th century, and about how they changed the world. And now they're scared ****less that another group of young people has that power now.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:17 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Oh please! Tell me one current candidate that could beat Trump.

I'm prepared to see HRC or Michelle Obama jump in on the brokered convention that is coming.

Mike Bloomberg is the only other logical choice and he is an old white billionaire! GREAT OPTICS for the party of identity politics. Maybe if he had Buttigieg (how great of a name is that BUTT-E-GIG) as his running mate (his running mate! I crack me up) he might get 45%.

Everyone else will be grounded in a logical choice.

Everything abut the US is running on high octane. Best EVERYTHING in decades.

Good luck to anyone still deluding themselves into believing they stand a chance against a guy who will chew them up and spit them out in a debate. It would be hilarious!!!

I am so looking forward to this. It'll be Jeb Bush (Deer in headlights) 2.0!

I can't wait!!!
I think sanders has the best chance to beat trump. will the democrats nominate him? the establishment democrats don't want him nor the DNC. do I want him to be nominated....no. I want biden to be the nominee. I want trump to win a second term.

I think trump will beat biden easily. but Bernie? not so sure.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:20 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
The outcome won't be good either way. The Democrats have announced that they will view the President's reelection fixed, and won't abide by the tally if Trump wins.

Sounds like Venezuela.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies