Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2020, 11:57 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,529,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Liberals/democrats are so goddamned stupid.
Republicans/conservatives aren't any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 11:59 AM

2,978 posts, read 1,743,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Republicans/conservatives aren't any better.
Disagree... most conservatives don’t hate America like the majority of the left does...that makes the left much worse to me

Old 01-26-2020, 12:21 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,529,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Disagree... most conservatives don’t hate America like the majority of the left does...that makes the left much worse to me
I disagree with you. I've been among the right wing and the left wing. In my experiences, the right wing doesn't have much better ideas either. Very little I've seen would make me even want to be part of the right wing. Change my mind.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:16 AM

58,923 posts, read 27,247,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I disagree with you. I've been among the right wing and the left wing. In my experiences, the right wing doesn't have much better ideas either. Very little I've seen would make me even want to be part of the right wing. Change my mind.
"the right wing doesn't have much better ideas either. Very little I've seen would make me even want to be part of the right wing. Change my mind"

If you don't like the 2nd amendment CHANGE IT and stop all this useless "gun control" garbage. Over 20,000 gun laws and not a single 1 has worked.

"The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and BEAR ARMS shall NOT be INFRINGED"

Stop the "revoking door" for repeat criminals.

Instead of getting 1 day off your sentence for every "good" day served, ADD 1 day for every "BAD" day served.
STOP the plea bargaining away the law that says the "use of a gun in a crime is and AUTOMATIC X days in jail, which is the FIRST thing lawyers plea bargain away.

ALL these things have been said over and over and dem mayors, governors etc, IGNORE them. Instead all they want to do after the law bidding citizen and "INFRINGE" they Constitutional gun RIGHTS.

A gun is just a "tool". MORE people are killed with BLUNT instruments like baseball bats then ALL rifles put together but, I don't hear anything about "banning baseball bats, all the anti-gunners want to do is ban the AR which they don' know a damned thing about except "it looks scary".

Old 01-27-2020, 07:11 AM

50,226 posts, read 46,967,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sentencing/ parole are beyond the control of any mayor.

It’s a county/ state issue.
In the meantime they were pushing to make law abiding a criminal. Guns get stolen all the time without the owner realizing it's missing. I know I don't take a daily inventory of all of my firearms. First off they are all over the house, garage, trailer etc.

https://mynorthwest.com/998797/durka...trol-storage/?

A 4 inch grinder or bolt cutters will defeat just about all gun locks or safes.

Old 01-28-2020, 01:14 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,006,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well I shouldn't have to tell you but limiting round count doesn't matter with high caliper clip stuff. Cuz of the force multiplication factor built in. These guns are force multipliers. They have trip armature devices built in.

The M1 Grande was actually the first service rifle the military used those in. The ping you hear from the rifle at the last round is the armature resetting. That annoying ping has been eliminated in advanced semi auto designs with gas operated carriers.

Their testing a new plasma armature but it wont be ready for civilian sale for another year or so. They're pretty cool though. Uses a plasma charge to engage the projectile with the lands and grooves of the rifling. The standard armature uses a mechanical operation.

I plan on going g to plasma on my AR just as soon as its available. Only way to fly. Will take my force multiplication up at least by 10.
See this is typical of these gun threads. As soon as someone makes a logical, common sense point, the gun folks come along and drown them in convoluted, complicated technical jargon.

I am currently reading Fight Like a Mother by the founder of 'Moms demand Action,' Shannon Watts, I will post a review of her message when I finish her book.

Old 01-28-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The mayor of any city does not control sentencing and parole. That’s a county/ state issue.

Not likely those involved in this incident cared about laws.

According to the link, this was a dispute between gang members. Sometimes such disputes result in injury / death of innocent people.
Yes, this is correct. In this case we have both an elected city attorney (prosecutor) and county prosecutor. It is they who control the sentencing. However I would say that they are both fairly close allies of the mayor.

I don't know whether the sentencing is even the issue here, even though both suspects had literally dozens of arrests. I think the main issue is the easy availability of guns. And a lack of funding for programs to get them training, so that they can get jobs instead of doing the gang thing.

One problem I do see is that the prosecutors here have effectively decriminalized drugs, even heroin, unless massive quantities are involved. They absolutely will not prosecute unless the police can show massive quantities.

This has made Seattle a druggie haven, and in turn leads to the type of criminal violence we saw in this case. The drugs are effectively legal, but the turf battles of dealers are even worse. My guess is that was what happened here.

Old 01-28-2020, 01:33 PM

29,393 posts, read 14,601,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
See this is typical of these gun threads. As soon as someone makes a logical, common sense point, the gun folks come along and drown them in convoluted, complicated technical jargon.

I am currently reading Fight Like a Mother by the founder of 'Moms demand Action,' Shannon Watts, I will post a review of her message when I finish her book.
Why not actually try to listen and learn for a change ? Shannon Watts spews nothing but propaganda and misinformation...I know, kind of up your alley. The best way though to debate something, is to have as much knowledge on the subject, even if you are against it as the people you are trying to debate.

Check out a youtube channel by Colion Nior. Listen. Learn. Then make a judgement.

As far as your supposed "common sense" comment, it is far from it. You are in no place to dictate how I protect myself or my family.

Old 01-28-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T310
Yea. Massive cool. And with the adjustable module the plasma interface with the projectile to the lands and grooves in the barrel will give even a small round like a 5.56 armor defeating capability.

A plasma enhanced 5.56 could even burn through reactive plate. Body armor wouldn't stand a prayer. No more need for RPGs or heavy weapons. A standard light infantry rifle can stop a T 80 in its tracks.

Think what a Limbaugh chambered carbine could do with this. Or a gas operated Magnum.
As I have posted previously, I do not know a lot about the '475 Limbaugh' weapon. Another poster said in another thread that he owned one, and that it was more powerful than the magnum. He referred to it as a 'monster.'

One should not need to be an engineer or machinist in order to weigh in on gun issues. Do you have to be an auto technician or engineer to comment on safe speed limits?

Old 01-28-2020, 01:59 PM

BTW, of the 3 people identified by police as perps in this case, 2 are still on the lam. The mother of one of them is on the news begging her son to turn himself in.

It's been almost a week now, so I doubt that he will. That is two more lives, in addition to the 1 killed and 7 injured, that lie in ruins. All because of the easy availability of high powered, high-caliper weaponry to the average citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies