Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 04:40 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Trump has pretty much gotten rid of anybody in his administration - never mind the republican party - who has the integrity and the courage to stand up to him. Republican members of Congress who still have some moral principles have all retired or been primaried.

Republicans have turned into the very swamp creatures that Trump lied (as usual) about replacing. They are in it for the money and the power and they'll hang on for the ride for as long as they possibly can. Look at Moscow Mitch. He has turned the Senate into his own little fiefdom and he refuses any bills that come from the House to ever even see the light of day.

We are living in very troubled times that may well get worse.
Sorry to hear you've fallen on hard times. The rest of us are taking advantage of what America offers.

TRUMP 2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 04:43 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Bill Clinton had a young intern on her knees multiple times in the Oval Office, where any sane person should assume that nothing is private ( do we all not witness this daily now?).

Clinton, along with other chapters of his life, was indeed a damn fool. Trump merely calls fools “ fools!”, but people like you do not know how to appreciate that. Have you ever had someone do you the favor of speaking candidly? I sincerely doubt it, making the original post richly ironic.
I always wondered what Hillary was thinking, when she found out Bill had young interns on their knees....

After he did that, and was caught lying, Hillary was holding his hand on TV, trying to save face. That is the day I was so disgusted with her acceptance, fake smile and wondered why she stood by this cheating creep?

Old 01-26-2020, 04:54 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I always wondered what Hillary was thinking, when she found out Bill had young interns on their knees....

After he did that, and was caught lying, Hillary was holding his hand on TV, trying to save face. That is the day I was so disgusted with her acceptance, fake smile and wondered why she stood by this cheating creep?
Mrs. Trump does the same.

Yes, the Biden crap with Ukraine was pretty foolish. Won’t get him expelled from office in a hyper partisan world without a moral center.

Last edited by whogo; 01-26-2020 at 05:12 AM..

Old 01-26-2020, 05:40 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

My dad told me something a long time ago that has stuck with me. 'A-holes tend to partner up with A-holes", and it certainly holds true with the Clintons. Both of them are liars and have no soul.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:04 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Maybe all presidents should have people - political advisors, lawyers, congressmen - who can be that blunt in scolding them. I don't think Trump has anyone like that in his life, and maybe never has, outside maybe his father.

But that's reportedly what Senator Patrick Leahy said to Bill Clinton at the time to Clinton's impeachment. And it was senators who told Nixon to resign.

Do you think anyone would say that to Trump?

The senator was livid. The president of his own party had gotten himself in so much trouble that he was now facing impeachment. And so when the phone rang one night after dinner and the senator picked up to find the White House on the line, he cursed the commander in chief.
“You’re a fool!” the senator told the president. “You’re a damn, damn, damn fool!”
The senator’s wife was aghast. “That’s the president!” she whispered in horror.
That was 21 years ago. The president was Bill Clinton, and the senator was Patrick J. Leahy of Vermont, who like other Democrats was furious at the position the leader of his party had put them in.

https://twnews.us/us-news/the-trial-...-be-a-template
“You’re a damn, damn, damn fool!”, could say that about a LOT of posters on here, so what?

Old 01-26-2020, 08:43 AM

307 posts, read 224,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
It does speak well for America that it elected a person more fit than the crooked Hitlery to be President. The bimbo could hardly walk upright, let alone govern.

You see, it is just a matter of perspective. The better man won, if you like it or not.

CN
You were watching chopped (edited) videos of HRC. They were spread all over social media.
So you're writing about bimbos and you obviously have a 2 or 3 station media machine -
Fox, Sinclair, and RT.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:04 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Why would they?

Name the crime Trump is guilty of, other than being the target of partisan hatred.

CN
Surely you don't think that the only thing meriting being called a "fool" is a crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Trump didn't get himself into impeachment, though, so not a damn fool. Impeachment is for treason, bribery, high crimes and misdemeanors. No actual primary crime is being charged, as "abuse of power" is not a statute of any kind. They might as well have charged with with "being a meanie."

As for the results, a newly minted Republican representative from a dem who switched parties, 600,000 new donors, some of the highest approval ratings he has had in three years, and very good polling in the swing states.

Not a damn fool at all. In fact, he is going to be your president for about five more years.
And, you, too, missed the point, which really isn't only about impeachment, but about a president having someone who can talk bluntly and scoldingly - and to whom the president will listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Trump has pretty much gotten rid of anybody in his administration - never mind the republican party - who has the integrity and the courage to stand up to him. Republican members of Congress who still have some moral principles have all retired or been primaried.

Republicans have turned into the very swamp creatures that Trump lied (as usual) about replacing. They are in it for the money and the power and they'll hang on for the ride for as long as they possibly can. Look at Moscow Mitch. He has turned the Senate into his own little fiefdom and he refuses any bills that come from the House to ever even see the light of day.

We are living in very troubled times that may well get worse.
Thanks for being among the minority of people who understand the topic here. I fear you're right that there isn't anyone who can talk tough to him.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:35 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Ordering a hit on a leader of another country, comes to mind. Saying "take her out," is another. Treating people like wild animals at the southern border, another. Well. I could go on, but I think you may get it.

It still amazes me what people let Trump get away with. Disrespecting Yovanovitch after all the decades of service, and countless others that spent most of their life in the military he just completely ignores. This from a man that got his dad to help him wuss out of serving with bad feet, but goes on to play several sports in college. Cons from then on.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:25 AM

355 posts, read 213,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Ordering a hit on a leader of another country, comes to mind. Saying "take her out," is another. Treating people like wild animals at the southern border, another. Well. I could go on, but I think you may get it.
1. He wasn't a leader of any foreign country. He was a terrorist. Are you opposed to killing terrorists?

2. "Take Her Out" is the epitome of fake news. Do you honestly believe that was a request to do harm to her?

3. You do realize that the media used photos of kids in cages during the Obama administration, right? If you went to jail, would you expect your children would be able to go there with you?

Old 01-27-2020, 04:24 AM

365 posts, read 270,874 times
I am retired and doing well, and you know what, I did not need any President to do that for me.
I did it on my own. I credit myself for doing it. And I don't have a criminal record and I can be
bonded and carry a open/concealed weapon and Vote!!

I learned a long time ago, that all Politicians are "Liars">>>ALL!!! When they Cry Wolf so many times,
how do you know when they are telling the truth?

I am also a Veteran. I signed up to protect my country, the United States Of America, against foreign enemies, not to collude with them, or confide with them, or call them Good People and do business with them(personal).

I also learned that 'Words' are a powerful weapon, no matter in what conversation involved.
It has been a proven tool used since the dawn of time, to spread fear, hate, and propaganda, and
usually in the falsehood capacity.

I also learned that some people get old, body wise, but their minds do not matured.

When I was of age to first vote, I had a thought. Why would someone want to hold a Political Office Position at only 200K a year?(salary at that time). The cost of living for the area of that business is higher than the salary.
I was even told that most of the people that hold those Offices are/and were lawyers. Don't lawyers make good money? Maybe they weren't good enough? So, now they run our country.

Let's see what song people sing, when the middle class loses their Social Security. Right now, they are
raising the age for starting higher and higher. Some people don't need the money that they paid in for Social Security. I bet that is only in the upper social class, and what percent is that? I bet it is lower than 20%? I like throwing away money on gambling and toys, but, not just giving it away by losing my percentage I paid into Social Security. Like a lot of people saying that they could earn more revenue by investing their federal tax money year round, instead of them taking it out of their pay checks? Well, the same goes for Social Security. They take that out of your pay check too.

As far as Trump goes and this impeachment, that was not Trumps' money to put on hold. It was Approved by a Rep/Dem Congress.
It is about him, and only him. It's not about who else is doing it. I still get a ticket for speeding, if I tell
the officer everyone else is speeding(but I caught you). I still get the ticket, if I tell him he is just picking on me, and/or doesn't like me.

Well, it just goes to show you, you paint a wall and put a "do not touch, wet paint" sign on it, and I bet over fifty percent of people will touch it. Who knows?

I am curious as to why people, mainly the Reps, don't bring up the Gore and Bush election. They announced Gore as President, then put a hold on that to recount?

One more time. I really think that Clinton, William, was the best President of my time. I remember when interest rates on loans (auto and homes) were in the 20% range. He balanced our National Debt. got the interest rates down to around 10%. Also, I think he started the tax refund relief?, because of the Zero National Debt. Trump inherited his economy, on a upward spiral.

Last edited by txwolfman; 01-27-2020 at 04:52 AM.. Reason: adding note
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies