Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 06:21 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Warmongering. Rhino. War for profit. Neocon .

As well as the blood of millions of dead on his hands...

Good Grief. The world is a safer place.
There are many people without whom the world would be a safer place, including many connected to the current White House. But it also would seem that the world would be a safer place with more politicians who could work across the aisle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He was perhaps the least dignified Senator of this century.
I am pretty sure that if we took a poll in the history forum of the least dignified senator, McCain wouldn't come out on top.

I tried Googling as a comparison, even though that's not really a good measure, but:

John McCain dignified - 800,000

Chuck Grassley dignified - 72,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
McCain served our country and paid the price. Anyone who discredits him is a disgrace to our military.
I'm not sure it's right to make it about the military. I'd rather say that anyone who discredits him unfairly, from a very narrow and biased viewpoint, shows a disgraceful attitude toward the idea of service and patriotism.

As I said, he wasn't someone I sided with, but there were things I came to appreciate, and even more when being reminded at his funeral of some very admirable aspects.

Last edited by Voebe; 01-25-2020 at 06:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 06:35 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
I wasn't a fan of his overall, but I admired his courage in Vietnam, his dignity as a senator, and his efforts to work across the aisle with Democrats. I don't know how accurate his idea of being a "maverick" was, but I appreciated not only his willingness to vote against another of the efforts against Obamacare, but also his dramatic thumbs-down gesture.

After what he'd been through, there was no way he'd be intimated by Trump or McConnell. I could easily imagine that he'd be brave enough to back the legitimacy of the impeachment hearings, and I'll bet he could have led the way for other Republicans to join him, since there are said to be quite a few who are just scared to speak out.

^^^^^ This is about the most accurate post ever on here, and a lot of us feel exactly the same way. McCain had guts, and was a true Patriot who put country above party. Trump has turned all of the other Senators into lily livered , spineless men in $ 1,000 suits. McCain would have told Trump to shove it, when it came to doing these illegal and unethical acts that the others are so willingly doing.

McCain was cut from a different cloth, he endured unspeakable pain and anguish, lived his life as a true hero, and really cared about simply doing the right things. He was the John Wayne of the Political arena, a polar opposite of the turd with bone spurs, who now resides in the WH.

Old 01-25-2020, 06:40 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
It's hilarious to see Dems praise him when they couldn't stand him for decades until that "finest moment" posted upthread. Hilarious.

No, you are absolutely incorrect. While we may have disagreed with McCain on some issues, the core of the man was still to be admired and trusted. We can disagree with someone and still respect them and their right to their opinions...……...as long as that person is basically honest and ethical.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:38 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
^^^^^ This is about the most accurate post ever on here, and a lot of us feel exactly the same way. McCain had guts, and was a true Patriot who put country above party. Trump has turned all of the other Senators into lily livered , spineless men in $ 1,000 suits. McCain would have told Trump to shove it, when it came to doing these illegal and unethical acts that the others are so willingly doing.

McCain was cut from a different cloth, he endured unspeakable pain and anguish, lived his life as a true hero, and really cared about simply doing the right things. He was the John Wayne of the Political arena, a polar opposite of the turd with bone spurs, who now resides in the WH.
Sounds like you are all kook-aided up and ready to go.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:44 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
McCain voted with Trump 83% of the time, good to see the Dems honoring McCain for his character and judgement.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...e/john-mccain/

Old 01-26-2020, 06:45 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Sounds like you are all kook-aided up and ready to go.

He (she?), and all the other Lefties were calling McCain Hitler, a war monger, and the next coming of Satan when he ran for President with Sarah Palin against Obama. Then he becomes Mr. Contrarian, to stroke his own narcissistic ego, and they all love him.

Just like with Bush whom they also called Hitler, a war monger, and a "CHIMP", etc. Then when he speaks out against Trump, and holds hands with Michelle they all love him. Such HYPOCRITES and liars.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:58 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
I never cared much for him but McCain's obese big-mouth daughter Meghan is quite annoying on that talk show and she sure hates Trump!

Old 01-26-2020, 07:07 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Actions speak louder then words

Now the Security on our Southern border is FINALLY going on

McCain promised this for years...nothing ever became of it, he is another example of why
there should be TERM LIMITS !

Old 01-26-2020, 07:33 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,076,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ever hear of the Keating Five?

I live in Tucson, and the McCain “legacy” here is a large military aircraft boneyard/depot. Rows and rows of ancient aircraft, supposedly in storage for future use. The reality is 90% of these machines will never fly again, they are simply a multi-billion dollar jobs program and corporate welfare for John McCain’s buddies. Heroic...

Old 01-26-2020, 08:40 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He (she?), and all the other Lefties were calling McCain Hitler, a war monger, and the next coming of Satan when he ran for President with Sarah Palin against Obama. Then he becomes Mr. Contrarian, to stroke his own narcissistic ego, and they all love him.

Just like with Bush whom they also called Hitler, a war monger, and a "CHIMP", etc. Then when he speaks out against Trump, and holds hands with Michelle they all love him. Such HYPOCRITES and liars.
If all the other Lefties were calling him Hitler it should be easy enough for you to support that. I`ll wait for your evidence of this. I always considered Bush to be a useful tool of the warmongers. I would`ve given him and Powell the lighter sentences if they would have been locked up. Bush, because he didn`t know any better and Powell because he`s shown remorse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies