Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2020, 07:09 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Okay, let's say they find out he knew him personally (I need proof and evidence) but let's say they find out they actually knew each other. What then? Should he get the Electric Chair?
I don’t think anyone should get the electric chair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 07:14 AM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
A reasonable person might see that Trump lying about knowing Parnas gives credence to Parnas and his claims about Trump.

That same reasonable person would see the audio recording of Parnas and Trump collaborating to do...whatever...as “proof and evidence” of them knowing each other.

But, cognitive dissonance is a mother, it seems.
Cognitive dissonance is right!

It is anything but reasonable, to think that one known liar makes another known liar, suddenly credible somehow.

You may as well just say, “I hate one of the liars, so I am choosing to believe the other liar, even though we know beyond a doubt that they are both liars.”

Old 01-26-2020, 07:17 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

It is anything but reasonable, to think that one known liar makes another known liar, suddenly credible somehow.

You may as well just say, “I hate one of the liars, so I am choosing to believe the other liar, even though we know beyond a doubt that they are both liars.”
I do not think either liar is believed. One does have recording's. The other has lied about the entire affair.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:17 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Trump lies constantly and he's lying about knowing Parnas.

One of these days, Giuliani will "spill the beans." Then Trump will admit it with a "so what" attitude. Just as he admitted paying off Stormy Daniels, etc.

We'll all move on.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:19 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:

I mean, there’s a recording—literal proof—that supports what one liar is saying. Because you support the other liar, you chose not to believe the proof.

Call that whatever you want.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:

“. . . told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears.“

Old 01-26-2020, 07:21 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,911,900 times
Quote:
I never said lying about things doesn’t matter, I just want to know what makes this one (assuming it is one) any more significant than any other lie. It’s not like this is some kind of “smoking gun” lie.

If anything, the opposite. The tape proves the conspiracy theories involving the firing of the ambassador are false. He just fired her because she was badmouthing him behind his back, or at the very least, because he was told she was badmouthing him behind his back.
This is precisely the case where veracity matters. Yovanovitch, who has worked under both Republican and Democratic administrations, denies ever saying anything at all derogatory about trump. Career senior and junior officials who worked with Yovanovitch unanimously deny she has ever said anything at all derogatory about trump.

Lev Parnas is a criminal underworld figure brokering a deal between trump and the corrupt former prosecutor, Shokin, who wanted Yovanovitch as the leading anti-corruption figure in Ukraine removed as she was an impediment to their corrupt business dealings in Ukraine.

Who do you believe?

There is no evidence the trump administration made any attempt to check the veracity of the Parnas statements by asking the Ukrainian State Department and Security Council officials. There is evidence that Pompeo was in on the scheme to get dirt on the Biden. Pompeo lies: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...s-gaslighting/

There are text messages and phone records documenting the communication between Shokin, Parnas, Giuliani and the White House in the 24 hours before Yovanovitch was abruptly fired. trump claims he doesn't know Parnas despite numerous photos and recordings of them together in close, sustained contact.

It matters.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:32 AM

Note that the White House response does not deny that it’s Trump’s voice on the recording.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:38 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I mean, there’s a recording—literal proof—that supports what one liar is saying.
No, there isn't. The audio of Parnas talking *to* Trump (not with Trump) proves nothing about their relationship.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:39 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
He either knew him personally orrrrrr he gives national security info in the presence of someone he doesn’t know . . . .
National security info? You're hallucinating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies