Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 12:53 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times

Advertisements

lol ....Pompeo and the reporter will have long forgotten whatever happened and you guys will still be making allegations and speculations

no wonder this failed impeachment is such a crushing blow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 01:20 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
The responses on this thread suggest that sycophantic Trump lemmings, like Pompeo, are ill equipped to substantively address inconvenient factual points and try to hide behind name calling and deflection to conpensate for their lack of intellect.

I’m not going to chuck any names out there, but I’m sure you can sea who I mean...

Old 01-26-2020, 01:56 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The responses on this thread suggest that sycophantic Trump lemmings, like Pompeo, are ill equipped to substantively address inconvenient factual points and try to hide behind name calling and deflection to conpensate for their lack of intellect.

I’m not going to chuck any names out there, but I’m sure you can sea who I mean...
So much anger with some of these folks. They get angry because they have no answer. Like Trump. Just spew it out there.

Old 01-26-2020, 02:02 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
This is just hilarious...watch video

Quote:
Republican strategist Rick Wilson and CNN contributor Wajahat Ali join Don Lemon to discuss Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's statement in response to NPR host Mary Louise Kelly's claim that he cursed at her and demanded she find Ukraine on a map after a taping of "All Things Considered."
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...tn-sot-vpx.cnn

Old 01-26-2020, 07:35 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnfarm1947 View Post
So unprofessional. Only in Trumpland would behavior like this be tolerated. Can't wait 'til November!
True...Pompeo was swearing at her like a drunken sailor for a long amount of time... longer than the interview. He is an unstable diplomat...an embarrassment and no Henry Kissinger!

Old 01-26-2020, 09:52 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Horrible unhinged diplomat with a temper...definitely no Henry Kissinger!!
Ok this is off topic, sorry. But when I was really young I worked at a dry cleaners where Nancy would drop off Henry's suits. I had to go through the pockets. I can't tell you how many hand written notes there were from Nixon to Kissinger. I kept them for years because I found it fascinating. Damn, I should have kept them lol

Old 01-26-2020, 11:33 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,054 times
But her emails!

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says an NPR host lied in setting up an interview with him on Friday, but email records support the journalist’s account of how the contentious exchange came to be."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...617_story.html

Old 01-26-2020, 11:50 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He must work around a bunch of idiots if he actually challenged her to find Ukraine on a map. He must of felt stupid when she just pointed it out like any middle school kid in geography class would have done.
She pointed to Bangladesh...not Ukraine

Old 01-27-2020, 12:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
I'll go y'all one better. Show us in the Constitution where it says to give Americans money to Ukraine?
Treat the cause and don't react to a symptom.

I know, I know? What's the Constitution have to do with it?

Old 01-27-2020, 12:49 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Curse like a sailor?....... You tell us! It was your girl in Detroit who set the standard for cursing in front of the camera.
Now, you heard that a Republican official cursed and you get your panties in a wad.
I'd say Listener2307 has a valid point here. The Liberal retort would be "well, she's just a Congressperson, and Pompeo's a federal government cabinet member...Secretary of State"

Well, Hillary Clinton was also Secretary of State, and her foul-mouthed tirades were legendary, and well documented. Here's a few story's about them:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...g-hillary-book

in case Liberals don't like the source above, here's the same story from another source:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8319566.html

and another incidence of cursing, this time on a show taped for national television:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-c...015938771.html

Here's a story where Hillary goes on a drunken tirade of cursing and throwing stuff:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8319566.html

So, in fact, we have Secretary of State's from both party's going on curse-laden tirades. Pompeo's just happened to be more recent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies