Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 01:22 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,653,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
The only explanation I can think of is Russia has infiltrated the Democratic Party and is successfully goading them into doing everything they can to lose the election to Trump in November.

Yea and Russian nationals urinated on Trump. He is their *****.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:24 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Let the howling, begin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjBoNNIYLY

Old 01-25-2020, 01:33 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
The primary evidence in the case is still the so-called transcript of the July 25th call. Based on my experience as a union rep who had to defend accused workers, I would rip that 'evidence' to shreds. You have to use inference and supposition to arrive at 'just cause' from that phone call.

If I got an accused worker off the hook, which I did numerous times, the worker would tend to emerge in a stronger position, and the mgmt., after wasting company time and dollars on a false accusation, would tend to emerge in a weaker, chastened condition.

Old 01-25-2020, 02:51 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, I don't fear for him because all of these charges are true. Moreover, it's the Tip of the Iceberg. You better believe that there are vast "side deals" like this going on all over the place.

The question isn't whether Americans know Trump is corrupt.

The Real Question is one of the morals and ethics of the voting public. Apparently many are OK...in fact, they are proud of his corruption. They support rollbacks of environmental standards and bribery (Prez wants to allow us to Bribe foreign governments and corporations) and much else.

We deserve exactly what we get.

I truly believe that 10's of millions of everyday Americans are vastly more corrupt than even Trump is. This, of course, includes many of his crew in the government, but it also includes the local tax cheat or the family that hides their assets so Mom can get Medicaid when she is passing away.

The Founders said our Constitution was ONLY for an ethical and moral populace. Who can deny that we don't have that any more (in many instances)???
you actually think that no corruption existed before Trump? I don't care who gets elected president. the corruption is implanted at all levels of government before he is elected.

Old 01-25-2020, 02:59 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
A sham trial is not really an exoneration. Trump will probably be reelected but not because America loves him but because most Dems will stay home and not vote once Bernie gets the nomination.

So another 4 years of scandals and unhinged tweets and failed foreign policy. Ugh.
Ask your health care professional about antipsychotics to treat hallucinations.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
How is this phony? Give me a break.
Please cite empirical data detailing what specific crime President Donald Trump is guilty of committing that constitutes "abuse of power" and "obstruction of congress". Remember, specific crimes, not he beat Hillary.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You may want to read history - nowhere in History does it talk about the daily grind of "egg on a face". What it talks about are major events.

I have no doubt - zero - that Trump will do down as one of the worst Presidents in History. I have no doubt that the impeachment and the obstruction and holding back of evidence will not stand in the future.

I do not look at the American experiment as playing out in 4 years or 8 years or 3 days.

I can promise you that when the Slaves started north on the underground railroad the Slave Masters largely won. I can assure you they passed Federal Legislation (Fugitive Slave Act) that mandated others participate in returning their property. I can assure you that even 100 years after the South was whipped they still held down the populace using dirty tricks and "laws".......

None of that means it was right. None of that means "they won". And none of that meant that Abolitionists had "egg on their faces".

There is often a Right and Wrong side of history and I do have some faith in that....but only in the long term. That is why I will not listen to one word of the "defense" of the POTUS. Now, if Trump himself agreed to be a witness and if others were forthcoming and documents released, I'd take a front row seat.

But listening to paid operatives defend their Partner in Corruption? Nope.
"holding back of evidence". The demonic party has had three years to collect evidence but somehow the Senate is holding it back? The demonic party presented their case to the senate. So who's holding back evidence?

Last edited by Casey73; 01-25-2020 at 03:14 PM..

Old 01-25-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
First off, that made me chuckle considering the last impeachment.

Secondly, no matter what the R's and D's say the average American is aware of what happened...impeached or otherwise. He did some shady stuff with Ukraine but whether it reaches the level of removal from office will be up to each voter.

Trump being a giant jack-wagon hurts him way more than any impeachment. The constant lying and tweeting is not a good look and that's even what my R-friends that are going to vote for him are saying.

If he loses, it won't be because of the impeachment.

If he wins, it will because the economy is good and the democrats (yet again) picked somone so bad that moderates held their nose and went with the slightly less stinky option.
You clearly don't understand Trump. As for his tweeting it is his only way to get passed the seething press corp. If he wins, which is most likely, it's because he has turned things around for the better in this country and he understands the average working Americans. The demonic party sneers at conservatives as do many establishment republicans. Trump did nothing shady with Ukraine. Joe Biden did exactly what they accuse Trump of doing, but the hate filled media runs interference for old Joe because he's all they got. Hussein O was clearly the most corrupt president in our history but got a pass because he is half black.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:17 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,148 times
Impeachment can also end in the Senate. Once done, it will be as if it never happened. There are enough people who see through this whole charade as phony as hell. President Trump is only going to get more supporters because of what this has become.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:24 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This bodes very badly for our President. Trump will carry the stain of being impeached right up until November 2020. It's not like the public will be allowed to forget. Every Dem candidate for sure is now fashioning their 30-second spot to make this whole thing front and center of their campaign:

Ad: "Donald Trump was impeached for bribing Ukraine to get dirt on his opponent, Joe Biden. He withheld Congressionally-approved military aid to an ally fighting Russia and ordered the OMB not to release it until President Zelensky of Ukraine agreed to announce an investigation into Biden. When the scheme failed he tried to cover it up. We don't want a liar who commits bribery running this country. Vote to drain the swamp Trump promised to drain and then made bigger. Vote for Elizabeth Warren for president. I am Elizabeth Warren and I approved this message."

Every Democrat candidate will fashion such an ad from now until the election. They will bombard the airwaves with such ads and the DNC will pour billions of dollar into this campaign. Already a CNN poll shows every Dem ahead of Trump

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...l-poll-1483437

I fear for our President.
You've got it backwards.
Those ads will lead to Trump winning by 100 electoral college votes.
He'd have won by 70 without the Impeachment.
Impeachment has given him a net gain of 30.
Independent voters are not impressed with Pelosi/Schiff.
Stupidity has destroyed the Democrats chances.
Partisan Impeachment helps Trump in a big way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies