Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 07:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
You're just another poster who disagrees with the premise, founders and the constitution. I believe in the wisdom of the EC, and the fact that it will remain as part of the constitution, and will not be subverted.

Your effort to move the goal post is futile, so the suggestion would be advise your party to revise their tactics and have better candidates. Is that the best solution for everyone?
??? What goal post did I move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 07:06 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,142 times
I am excited for the OP to put together an electoral collage. I hope he or she doesn't eat all the glue before finishing.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 6,532,470 times
The Dems can pretty much nullify the electoral college advantage of the Pubs by winning a couple of additional major states that swung for DJT. He won the college in 2016 by 304 to 227, or a swing difference of 39 votes. Texas alone is 36 votes.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:53 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
We all know if Trump had won the popular vote and could do so again that the Dems would be rallying behind the electoral college to block him.

The Dems are really vicious people that will manipulate the system to give themselves a better chance at winning. All they care about is winning. We only need to look at the fit they threw and successfully blocked the question about citizenship on the 2020 census.

All the Dems care about is power and they will do anything to get it.
Maybe you should research how many electoral votes defected from Clinton to Trump in 2016. The electoral college is a joke. There is no federal law or constitutional statue that says that the electors must vote the popular vote in each state. This last presidential election saw the biggest defection in 100 years in favor of Trump. Why?

Old 01-28-2020, 12:21 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Unless there are killer robots and time machines involved, I'm not interested in this conspiracy.

Currently the plan is to whine about it until they win.

At that point, the Republicans will create a furor over illegal voting or something else and then whine until they win.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:23 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I am excited for the OP to put together an electoral collage. I hope he or she doesn't eat all the glue before finishing.
"You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck." - The Tick

Old 01-28-2020, 01:25 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,691,377 times
Virginia did it?

Old 01-28-2020, 03:15 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,797,636 times
The Electoral College is not going away.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:28 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Actually my term is more correct unless someone spent 4 years at the "electoral college" trying to get a degree !!! A more intellectual individual, someone who can grasp higher concepts, with an open mind, might wonder what was behind the change in wording !!!

A simple understanding of the definitions would be a clue !!!

Collage - results from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole

National election -
(Each state runs its own elections and the results are assembled, creating the new whole winner )

College - A college (Latin: collegium) is an educational institution or a constituent part of one. A college may be a degree-awarding tertiary educational institution, a part of a collegiate or federal university, an institution offering vocational education, or a secondary school.

( So as anyone can see, collage is a more accurate description !!! Anyone who spent years at the electoral college working on a degree should consider asking for their money back unless they are satisfied with the glue they ate !!! )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collage

Last edited by phma; 01-29-2020 at 12:41 AM..

Old 01-29-2020, 04:08 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,797,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Actually my term is more correct unless someone spent 4 years at the "electoral college" trying to get a degree !!! A more intellectual individual, someone who can grasp higher concepts, with an open mind, might wonder what was behind the change in wording !!!

A simple understanding of the definitions would be a clue !!!

Collage - results from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole

National election -
(Each state runs its own elections and the results are assembled, creating the new whole winner )

College - A college (Latin: collegium) is an educational institution or a constituent part of one. A college may be a degree-awarding tertiary educational institution, a part of a collegiate or federal university, an institution offering vocational education, or a secondary school.

( So as anyone can see, collage is a more accurate description !!! Anyone who spent years at the electoral college working on a degree should consider asking for their money back unless they are satisfied with the glue they ate !!! )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collage
Tell that to spell check
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies