Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 05:30 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Doesn't matter.

The swing states, the ones that matter, are likely to once again support Trump.

On the eve of the 2016 election, after establishing double-digit leads in the weeks prior, Clinton lead in Pennsylvania by 1.9%, in Michigan by 3.4% and in Wisconsin by 6.5%.

Of course she lost all three states.

Warren and Sanders poll much worse than Hillary (Biden won't be the nominee, btw).
This clearly illustrates how the polls are purely propaganda. I'm shocked that so many people here pay so much attention to them. If you average up a bunch of propaganda, you wind up with the propaganda average RCP poll that so many hang their hats on.

I dont think they'll ever learn. They WANT to believe them so badly, they are desperate for any kind of win, even if its made up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 05:33 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Fox poll today shows Biden beating him by 9 points. So much winning.
Please keep believing polls, and tell every Dem you know about them. Tell them 2016 polls all being wrong was just a fluke.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:37 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Funny irony. Dem over reach helping Trump.

+1 for you for using RCP average rather than cherry picking polls to suit whatever side you are on.

Last edited by ottomobeale; 01-27-2020 at 06:02 AM..

Old 01-27-2020, 09:12 AM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Whatever. Sure thing.

I usually don't like to get into tit-for-tat arguments, but I feel compelled to let you know that only you know what the hell you are talking about. I AM THE BASE, and I am telling you that for the first time in my life, someone is listening to me. Other members of "the base" post here regularly, and they are all equally happy.

Please, seriously, this is not an ad hominem--get out of the house more, talk to some real people, and for god's sake, listen instead of talking all the time. You may actually learn a thing or two.

The following accomplishments are real:

Tax cuts
Phase one with China
First President to take on Chinese intellectual theft, currency pegging and dumping
New trade deal with Canada and Mexico
New trade deal with Europe
NATO allies now paying more
Deregulation/ 2 to 1 rule
Pats of wall built or repaired, with money now set aside for hundreds of miles
Catch and release ended
Mexico enforcing border
Re-made the judiciary from top to bottom
New vetting on immigrants from terrorist sponsoring countries in place
Soaring stock market
Record low unemployment
Investigating the abuse of FISA courts
Obama care gutted/individual mandate gone/new cross-state insurance rules
ISIS gutted
Iran treaty ended/Soleimani killed/no war
Manufacturing INCREASED OVERALL during his tenure (unlike bush and Obama).
Keystone Pipeline approved
TPP dead
Return to Constitutionality with reversal of illegal executive orders on Dreamers and Obamacare.
Thwarted Russia at every turn: Washington has expanded NATO once again, strengthened sanctions on Moscow, supplied the Ukrainian military with lethal weapons, boosted aid to the Baltic countries and launched missiles against Syria's Assad regime.
Companies such as Disney, JP Morgan Chase and Verizon sharing wealth with employees and explicitly citing tax cuts.
Companies coming back the the US from oversees, and citing Trump in the process.
Taking on fake news and exposing spurious sources.
Exposing attempted coups involving the electoral college, 25th amendment, FISA courts, FBI, Russia hoax, and Ukraine impeachment hoax.
Great post! (And a LOT of people agree with you.)
I am one extremely liberal Democrat who does.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:21 AM

8,338 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
There is no question the impeachment idea backfired. Heck I left the Democrats and have been with them for my who voting life and I am over 50 years old!

I don't even like Trump, but am very embarrassed that I was part of that dumb Democratic party. I am not Independent.
Well said. My brother said the same. He’s been a liberal his entire life and I was shocked when he said he likes Trump and that he’s been doing a good job and that this impeachment process has been a joke and a huge waste of tax dollars. I don’t usually talk politics with some of my relatives but he volunteered.

I believe plenty of intelligent Dems and liberals feel the same.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:30 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
This is the RealclearPolicits Average:

President Trump Job Approval
Approve45.5
Disapprove51.7
Disapprove +6.2

I don't remember his numbers being this good.

Don't bother citing some individual poll--this is the average. And don't bother with "so now Republicans believe in polls." They are rigged towards the Dems. He is probably five points ahead of this.

In any event, he has gained 3 points or so since this all started.

Discuss.
So, he is guilty of lying to the American Public, he broke the law according the the AOC (or whatever they're called), his legal team is not even trying to deny it in the actual Impeachment case, and you are proud of this?

YOur post basically "brags" that "Our POTUS has broken the law, is getting away with it, has proven lies, and it only encourages us to like him more". Today's GOP. Reagan is twisting in his grave.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:49 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Only during the Trump presidency do his supporters cheer a higher disapproval than approval rating, by double digits. Bare minimum requirements for this presidency.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:53 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
he broke the law according the the AOC
Yup, that's what it comes down to, the simple minded congresswoman from NYC claims that something happened, thus it had to have happened. Lack of supporting evidence and evidence to the contrary be damned

Old 01-27-2020, 09:55 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times
Quote:
This is the RealclearPolicits Average:

President Trump Job Approval
Approve45.5
Disapprove51.7
Disapprove +6.2

I don't remember his numbers being this good.

Don't bother citing some individual poll--this is the average. And don't bother with "so now Republicans believe in polls." They are rigged towards the Dems. He is probably five points ahead of this.

In any event, he has gained 3 points or so since this all started.

Discuss.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As McEnroe would say, “YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.”

Can’t wait for the moment he’s frogmarched out of the OO.

After Bolton’s book Draft is read in front of Congress....

Old 01-27-2020, 10:02 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So, he is guilty of lying to the American Public, he broke the law according the the AOC (or whatever they're called), his legal team is not even trying to deny it in the actual Impeachment case, and you are proud of this?

Your post basically "brags" that "Our POTUS has broken the law, is getting away with it, has proven lies, and it only encourages us to like him more". Today's GOP. Reagan is twisting in his grave.
Reagan and Lincoln both.

Even Nixon had more respect for the constitution, and his most diehard supporters were more realistically patriotic and respectful of the US constitution and ethics.

This bunch of Trumpteas makes no sense: they agree that Trump should lie to themselves with impunity, they cheer that he defies the legal requirements of good governance, they even boast about polling numbers which show the majority of the people disapprove of him, it is manic ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies