Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 10:02 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Four points is all the difference in the world, and for the last time, we are not talking about 18 months. As I CLEARLY stated in the premise, he has gained since this started.

If y'all want a thread about 18 months, start one of your own.
What's the confidence margin of the poll? the +/- accuracy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 10:02 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So he's doing better than Obama at this point in his presidency.

Did you have a real point to make aside that you believe the pollsters?Why don't you tell us why it's bad. And why do you even believe the pollsters who said that Trump wouldn't even be elected.
At this point of Obama`s presidency none of his inner circle was behind bars and there was no indication that he was shaking down foreign leaders for personal favors like meddling in our election.

Old 01-27-2020, 10:14 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
This is the RealclearPolicits Average:

Don't bother citing some individual poll--this is the average. And don't bother with "so now Republicans believe in polls."
Well, you said don't bother so I won't. Nothing to discuss. You already seem to know all.

Old 01-27-2020, 10:59 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Fox poll today shows Biden beating him by 9 points. So much winning.
In San Francisco or New York City sure. Do you have a link to the poll?

Old 01-27-2020, 11:09 AM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Well said. My brother said the same. He’s been a liberal his entire life and I was shocked when he said he likes Trump and that he’s been doing a good job and that this impeachment process has been a joke and a huge waste of tax dollars. I don’t usually talk politics with some of my relatives but he volunteered.

I believe plenty of intelligent Dems and liberals feel the same.
Welcome to the lesser of two evils party! We ALL feel the same. I voted for Trump because he's not a true Republican, he's a Populist, or Nationalist. His personal history is disgraceful, but he's doing a nice job as President, so I take the bad with the good because nothing better exists right now.

Democrats and Republicans alike despise him, so that's a big plus in his favor for me. He's the anti-establishment candidate, and the establishment has been failing us since Regan left office.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:23 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Welcome to the lesser of two evils party! We ALL feel the same. I voted for Trump because he's not a true Republican, he's a Populist, or Nationalist. His personal history is disgraceful, but he's doing a nice job as President, so I take the bad with the good because nothing better exists right now.

Democrats and Republicans alike despise him, so that's a big plus in his favor for me. He's the anti-establishment candidate, and the establishment has been failing us since Regan left office.
Nice that you think so, but he's not anti-establishment. He is all establishment, because it helps him personally.

Trump supporters don't actually support Trump the man. Most don't appear to even know the man. He's an empty suit they pack all of their hopes and dreams into, he's a blank slate they can write their own goals upon. To themselves, Trump represents the people's goals and ambitions, but he doesn't actually care about any of that. He doesn't actually understand it much, he's never lived through their struggles and could not care less.

Trump bought in to the Republican Establishment priorities 100%. As an entrepreneur and real estate developer they match his own personal goals quite well. Trump pretends a 'populist' identity, his priorities are anything but.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So he's doing better than Obama at this point in his presidency.

Did you have a real point to make aside that you believe the pollsters?Why don't you tell us why it's bad. And why do you even believe the pollsters who said that Trump wouldn't even be elected.
1. You cite a poll to say he's doing better than Obama, then in the next sentence
2. You seem to mocking someone for "believing the pollsters", and (for the win)
3. You lie: You said that pollsters said Trump would not be elected. Can you give one credible example (just one) that said, without a doubt, that Trump would not be elected? (This would imply that you understand how polls, and percentages, and probabilities work. That is probably not a good assumption.)

If you weren't intentionally lying on #3, then maybe do yourself a favor and read up on what percentages and probabilities mean. Really, our country needs gullible people like you to step it up a little, and be more informed. Do it for your country!

Old 01-27-2020, 12:00 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So his approval is only 45.5 and that is good? LOL

With the 24/7 onslaught and attacks from the lame stream media, punditry, Hollywood, twitterati, etc you bet it's good. Zero had these same elements fellating him all day, every day.

And I also agree that number is 5%-6% low. some of us don't want to be dox'd, cars scratched, lawn driven over, egged, or hit by bicycle locks. We stay happy on the inside, indifferent outwardly.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:06 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Just imagine how good his numbers will be then when he’s removed.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:38 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,962,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I'm afraid you are mistaken. Trump is being impeached because he committed multiple crimes.
Name one crime he committed. Quote him where he committed this crime. You can’t because TDS don’t care. Zombies listening to dem clowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies