Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 02:19 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Don’t you think it would be sweet revenge for Romney and the rest of the Repub pols who have been insulted and called names to now hold their votes over his head?

I am absolutely appalled by the lack of intestinal fortitude shown by Romney and the rest of the GOP. Trump has insulted a lot of them, and also their families, and they put their heads down and lick his boots. None of them will stand up and be men, or women, and tell him when he is out of line or wrong.

I can not imagine why all of them are so afraid of him , or the repercussions, if they go against him. When he first came to office, a lot of them were brave enough to say some very damning things about him, but then, as time went on, they all folded. (And it isn't because they found respect for him, far from it)

All of them need to look their families in the eye and start doing the right thing for America, regardless of the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 02:57 PM

16,541 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Don’t you think it would be sweet revenge for Romney and the rest of the Repub pols who have been insulted and called names to now hold their votes over his head?
Is that really the way you think adults (supposedly professionals working for our countries best interest) should be conducting themselves?
I do not like some of the things Trump says, but that is no reason to act in the way you seem to think would be "sweet".

I suspect you feel that way because you do not like Trump, nor relish the likelihood he will be president for the next term.
Yet that is what the Democrats have almost guaranteed with this absurd impeachment effort.

`

Old 01-26-2020, 03:19 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I am absolutely appalled by the lack of intestinal fortitude shown by Romney and the rest of the GOP. Trump has insulted a lot of them, and also their families, and they put their heads down and lick his boots. None of them will stand up and be men, or women, and tell him when he is out of line or wrong.

I can not imagine why all of them are so afraid of him , or the repercussions, if they go against him. When he first came to office, a lot of them were brave enough to say some very damning things about him, but then, as time went on, they all folded. (And it isn't because they found respect for him, far from it)

All of them need to look their families in the eye and start doing the right thing for America, regardless of the consequences.
Do you really expect them or us to believe the insane Maxine Waters, your Jihad Squad, Crazy Hillary screaming "Everyone's a Russian", and Adam Schiff and all of his hidden Russian evidence that never materialized.

We can look into our families eyes and say you Democrats are Insane. Maybe when you get someone back in they can start freeing some American killing Terrorist, or start making more Sanctuary cities again

Old 01-26-2020, 04:07 PM

15,943 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Is that really the way you think adults (supposedly professionals working for our countries best interest) should be conducting themselves?
I do not like some of the things Trump says, but that is no reason to act in the way you seem to think would be "sweet".

I suspect you feel that way because you do not like Trump, nor relish the likelihood he will be president for the next term.
Yet that is what the Democrats have almost guaranteed with this absurd impeachment effort.
`

No, I don't think adults should behave like Trump does, especially as the President of the US. Every day he does something new, or we discover another facet of him, that is shocking. The consequence of the way he has treated people would earn him a lot of bitterness, it is human nature.
Those who do love this country have indeed demonstrated character and integrity in coming forward, at great expense to their career and safety, and have borne witness. That effort cannot be wasted which is what will happen if the trial goes goes the way Repubs want it to. I don't know why they care so little.

I neither like nor dislike Trump but I fear for the welfare of the country and the direction he is taking us. There is enough evidence that he is not fit for this position of leading our country. True, I do not relish the idea of his getting elected again.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:54 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Please expand on that.
"Deflection" you say...

Very amusing from those who support tRump's obstruction.

Watch the tapes

Hear say along with third party comments are not considered evidence...Anywhere !

Old 01-27-2020, 06:59 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Revenge is what Romney seeks !!!

Wouldn't it be nice if he targeted you and used all his political power against you ?

Like the dictator he wants to be !!! You wouldn't mind him setting a dispute with you, would ya ?

Old 01-27-2020, 07:12 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Revenge is what Romney seeks !!!

Wouldn't it be nice if he targeted you and used all his political power against you ?

Like the dictator he wants to be !!! You wouldn't mind him setting a dispute with you, would ya ?
Hell, Trump has been seeking revenge against Barack Obama ever since Obama embarrassed him at the White House Correspondent's Dinner in 2011. Nine years ago. Nobody holds a grudge like your boy Trump.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:56 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
... Repubs are party over country.
Exactly.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Watch the tapes

Hear say along with third party comments are not considered evidence...Anywhere !
Look...

I fully grasp that you and your fellow Trumplings are OK with all of his lies and the lies that his toadies spew. No amount of evidence will ever penetrate the fog of right wing BS being fed to you.

But the majority of Americans aren't buying it.

Despite that, the cowering Pub senators will no doubt acquit, despite their knowledge that tRump is as guilty as the pup that got caught peeing on the carpet.

America realizes the GOP is complicit in covering for tRump's corruption.

The bill comes due in November.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies