Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 02:52 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Another "announcement of an investigation" instigated by the fat man in the White House?
No, instigated by the FBI -- you know, the same FBI we're supposed to side with because "the fat man in the White House" is attacking them.

There's overwhelming evidence Omar married her brother. The only question is whether the feds want to wade into that hornet's nest to determine whether it was for the purpose of committing immigration fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 02:53 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,726,143 times
Wow, reported by The Blaze and NYPost and debunked by a factchecker (yes, yes, I know, facts are biased....). Let us know how this turns out! You've probably really got her this time!

Old 01-26-2020, 02:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Wow, reported by The Blaze and NYPost and debunked by a factchecker (yes, yes, I know, facts are biased....). Let us know how this turns out! You've probably really got her this time!
Yep.. None of the reputable news sites are following this. Moderator cut: trolling/off topic

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-26-2020 at 03:05 PM..

Old 01-26-2020, 03:02 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
I googled a few fact checker sites. This story is rated unproven. I'm not a fan of Omar but I think the people that are pushing this story are the same people that pushed the "birther" hoax regarding Barack Obama's citizenship.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Is this what passes for family values among the Democrat left these days?

So up to five years and a fine of $250,000 if she did marry her brother. And there is a lot of evidence that suggests that she did.

Seriously, where do they get these people. She is an elected member of Congress, for crying out loud.
I am no fan of Omar. Having said this, why not suspend judgment until the FBI concludes one way or another?

Old 01-26-2020, 03:04 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
I've been called a conspiracy theorist by many for merely suggesting this was a possibility. The left denies all allegations about democratic politicians that sound "too far out there". They refuse to read or consider any information that suggests there may be truth to these types of allegations. They allow these politicians to get away with whatever they want pretty much, and that's why their politicians have become so brazen.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:05 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I googled a few fact checker sites. This story is rated unproven. I'm not a fan of Omar but I think the people that are pushing this story are the same people that pushed the "birther" hoax regarding Barack Obama's citizenship.
Yes, like Trump: https://www.businessinsider.com/unpr...plained-2019-7

Old 01-26-2020, 03:08 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Exactly! Remember when those Democrats circled the wagons to protect Al Franken for pretending to grope a woman who was asleep? Despicable. I can't believe that guy is still a Senator.
He isn't. And hasn't been for two years. Do try to keep up. If you are that far behind on current events, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
And don't even get me started on Katie Hill. She should've stepped down from Congress after evidence of an extramarital affair with a staffer surfaced, but Pelosi insisted on protecting her. Disgusting.
Adultery isn't illegal. Nor should it be. Also, Hill resigned last October. Do try to keep up.

As for Omar, I'm content to wait on the results of the FBI investigation. Since these allegations are several years old, the FBI does not seem to feel any great urgency on the matter.

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-26-2020 at 03:18 PM..

Old 01-26-2020, 03:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
I am willing to bet that trump is behind this "news release" of a nothing burger!

Old 01-26-2020, 03:17 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
He isn't. And hasn't been for two years. Do try to keep up. If you are that far behind on current events, well...

Adultery isn't illegal. Nor should it be. If Hill's voters want to re-elect her, defeat her, or recall her, they can. It's not up to Pelosi.

As for Omar, I'm happy to wait on the results of the FBI investigation. Since these allegations are several years old, the FBI does not seem to feel any great urgency on the matter.
I apologize for not using the sarcasm tag, but my entire post was facetious because I found Cape Cod Todd's ignorance exasperating.

Todd has a propensity for making false generalizations about Democrats. In this case, he said Democrats forgive their own for even serious crimes. So I cited two fairly recent examples where Democrats held their own politically accountable and forced them to resign for very minor crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies