Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 11:00 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Not for us....sure. We cannot always project that people know what we know. Some people should not be allowed to report on things that they really do not know about. A lot of people are really oblivious to sports, which is hard to understand if one is a sports fanatic. We just assume that everyone else follows sports as much as we do.
Give me a break... why are you giving her the benefit of the doubt?

Why are you bending over backwards to take the side of a white racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 11:03 AM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

If some people didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all is my guess.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:04 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Because if something is too obvious...then I tend not to believe it. Truth is often stranger than fiction. I don't often believe black claims of racism and I do often give white folks the benefit of the doubt in something like this, contrary to what people claim to know about me.

You might be right. She might be a racist. This is one incident I am giving the white person the benefit of the doubt, however.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:06 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Sounds like she started to say “Knicks†and changed it to “Lakers.â€

Old 01-27-2020, 11:23 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Because if something is too obvious...then I tend not to believe it. Truth is often stranger than fiction. I don't often believe black claims of racism and I do often give white folks the benefit of the doubt in something like this, contrary to what people claim to know about me.

You might be right. She might be a racist. This is one incident I am giving the white person the benefit of the doubt, however.
Thank you for having discretion and reason here.

Maybe she did this on purpose (seriously doubtful), maybe not.

It was once said, A slip of the tongue is no fault of the mind. That's debatable, in this arena. The way that vid was set up, responded to so robotically.

I don't buy it. What other sources of this do we have?

These comments of Fire Her! just insult my brain. Dirty Laundry Get the widow on the set! We need dirty laundry.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:27 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
I don't doubt for a second that she deliberately uttered a racial slur, and she should be given the benefit of the doubt. However.....mainstream media plays a big part in "cancel culture," so my charitable feeling here is measured. Not surprised either, that that which they helped propagate has come around to bite one of their own on the *ss.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:48 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I heard her explanation. She said she fused the names "Knicks" and "Lakers" together. So did Kobe play for the Knicks? Why would she want to mention that team if he never played for them? And she enunciated it with a "G".
It was a Freudian slip. Okay, she's a closet racist. Is MSNBC okay with that? Are we okay with that? Do we only go after certain people we have a problem with? Do some get a pass if "they're on our side"? Like with sexism or homophobia?
Has racism just been left behind that we don't consider it a big deal or have we become numb to real examples of it due to so many people hurling accusations it around with little credibility?
Maybe she'll catch a break because of the tragedy itself. But Virginia's Governor is a racist and he's still in office. Canada's Prime Minister is a racist and he was re elected. President Trump gets called a racist, Joe Biden gets called a racist, Mayor Pete B. gets called a racist. Maybe everybody is a racist. Just like everybody is a fascist.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:51 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
In what way is that even remotely the same thing?

>>> Both racists?

Old 01-27-2020, 11:52 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
I thought perhaps she'd jumbled Nuggets and Lakers.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:59 AM

638 posts, read 240,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I heard her explanation. She said she fused the names "Knicks" and "Lakers" together. So did Kobe play for the Knicks? Why would she want to mention that team if he never played for them? And she enunciated it with a "G".
It was a Freudian slip. Okay, she's a closet racist. Is MSNBC okay with that? Are we okay with that? Do we only go after certain people we have a problem with? Do some get a pass if "they're on our side"? Like with sexism or homophobia?
Has racism just been left behind that we don't consider it a big deal or have we become numb to real examples of it due to so many people hurling accusations it around with little credibility?
Maybe she'll catch a break because of the tragedy itself. But Virginia's Governor is a racist and he's still in office. Canada's Prime Minister is a racist and he was re elected. President Trump gets called a racist, Joe Biden gets called a racist, Mayor Pete B. gets called a racist. Maybe everybody is a racist. Just like everybody is a fascist.
Is Nakers a word racists often use?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies