Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 09:29 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,542,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I thought Trump blocked it using Executive Privlege, which is well within his rights.
No he didn't. That is not true at all. He told the Executive to ignore all subpoenas regardless of whether the information sought could be covered by executive privilege. That is not remotely the same as exerting executive privilege.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 09:30 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,373,554 times
I will never understand how any party, especially the right can claim impeachment is to overturn an election. If that was the case, impeachment won't exists. Trump is the most corrupt president in history.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:31 AM

19,899 posts, read 8,793,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I read this morning that the White House may now try to get a restraining order prohibiting Bolton from testifying.

But, of course, there is nothing to see here.
lmao restraining order? McConnell decides who testifies, not Trump. McConnell says no, he's not promoting books this week.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:31 AM

25,161 posts, read 12,317,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I wouldn't be surprised. But strategically it may not be a wise thing for Trump to do.

CNN and MSNBC are latching onto this Bolton story like it's the biggest bombshell of the century. They are such gullible folks--anything anti-Trump. It's laughable....AND they are helping Bolton's book sales. They are so quick to follow that carrot on a string. LOL

This Bolton book buzz will fizzle away in another 1-2 months, and that's being generous.
I'd say 1-2 weeks. It will begin to die down as soon as Trump's acquitted. Bolton may wind up working for CNN. I wish he'd take Judge Napalitano with him.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lmao restraining order? McConnell decides who testifies, not Trump. McConnell says no, he's not promoting books this week.
Actually, it will be moderate GOP Senators who make that decision.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:33 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 10 days ago)

34,422 posts, read 16,517,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh please. There are no 'pro Trump liberal Democrats". But do go on.

Indeed, for potus to use the levers of government to influence the 2020 elections is FAR worse than Hunter Biden trading on his name - like every other son/daughter of rich/wealthy/influential person.

Pffft.

Continue your trump worship if you must but don't try and convince us that you are a LIBERAL democrat.
I repeat the challenge I have made elsewhere. Though I am now working in NYC rather than White Plains, I invite you to meet on the corner of Quarropas and Court Street in White Plains at a fixed time and date. We will walk into the Westchester County Board of Elections, and I will prove that I am a registered Democrat, having been one since 1975. And as far as my liberal credentials, see Post 1 and Post 2. Or Post 3 or Post 4.

Also, I can self-identify as any ideology or creature I want. At the moment I self-identify as a transexual Labrador Retriever, and poop and pee anywhere, including in public, at will, and I support Rashida Tlaib for President!

25,161 posts, read 12,317,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
No he didn't. That is not true at all. He told the Executive to ignore all subpoenas regardless of whether the information sought could be covered by executive privilege. That is not remotely the same as exerting executive privilege.
He must have done that because the Dems were not following customary protocols. Good for him! He'll be cleared any day now.

7,302 posts, read 3,366,699 times
Quote:
I'd say 1-2 weeks. It will begin to die down as soon as Trump's acquitted. Bolton may wind up working for CNN. I wish he'd take Judge Napalitano with him.

Our bureaucracy and media are infected with politically disngenuous Neocons.

45,259 posts, read 26,754,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How come Schiff didn't call Bolton in the House trial?
Quote:
I thought Trump blocked it using Executive Privlege, which is well within his rights.
According to this...

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., signaled in a tweet that he will not call Bolton again in the House, writing that “the Senate must allow testimony from him, Mulvaney and others.”

Schiff had invited Bolton to testify in the inquiry but did not subpoena him, saying he didn't want the impeachment case to languish in the courts. Instead, the House voted to impeach Trump for obstruction of Congress.

So it never got to the executive privilege level. He just didn't do it.

Quote:
He must have done that because the Dems were not following customary protocols. Good for him! He'll be cleared any day now.
Now you're just making stuff up out of whole cloth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies