Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 11:57 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I certainly see why they didn't want Bolton's testimony but it will eventually come out and the republicans will certainly look foolish.

[/color]

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/u...n-ukraine.html
"it will eventually come out and the republicans will certainly look foolish."
We already have video of Bolton and what he said. This will certainly come out and the dems will look foolish, AGAIN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2020, 02:40 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"it will eventually come out and the republicans will certainly look foolish."
We already have video of Bolton and what he said. This will certainly come out and the dems will look foolish, AGAIN!
Soo...
Trump said it didnt happen
The supposed victim, the President of Ukraine said it didnt happen
The WH transcript shows it didnt happen..

But because a bitter, former employee, trying to sell a book says it did? Thats the 100% proof as fact?

Really?

Old 02-02-2020, 02:45 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,059,788 times
The book expose is the new “15 minutes of fame”. Few are truthful or worth reading. Meh.

Old 02-02-2020, 05:25 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Trump could always beat himself. All it would take is some thoughtless knee-jerk reaction to plunge us into a war or domestic emergency. Everyone knows that is a possibility any day, every day.
You're "Waiting for Godot" on that.

Old 02-02-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Republicans simply think what Trump did involving Ukraine is simply a legitimate part of the game of playing politics. But they would surely no longer think that way if the president was a Democrat. Therefore, Trump must not be removed.
Hunter and Joe Biden thought their corrupt BS would never be caught because it occurred in Kyiv. That's why the Democrats (and I am a proud, liberal Democrat) are screaming like stuck pigs. Note, the whole fight is over how they were caught, not what they were caught doing.

Old 02-02-2020, 05:32 PM

20,094 posts, read 8,995,406 times
Bolton's book would make a nice Xmas present for Dems next year. They seem to buy a lot of books, only later do they find out they were in the fiction section.

Old 02-02-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Bolton's book would make a nice Xmas present for Dems next year. They seem to buy a lot of books, only later do they find out they were in the fiction section.
In the past I've liked Bolton but he seems to have a very rocky employment history. Now we're seeing why.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:47 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times
Trump has already survived any number of 'blockbuster' books, including Fear by Woodward, Comey's book, McCabe's book, Christie's book, etc. He'll survive this one too.

I thought it might be a good idea for Team Trump to bring in Bolton as a witness to get his story under oath, and with the opportunity to cross-examine him. Obviously Team Trump felt otherwise.

I welcome his book just for the sake of history, and plan to read it. He's playing the leaking game, which to me suggests a level of untrustworthiness. I'm reading Nikki Haley's book right now, and she paints a pretty positive picture of Trump. I highly recommend her book.

Old 02-02-2020, 07:10 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,440,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I don't care one way or the other if Trump is guilty. What I care about is the truth. I already believe if one has nothing to hide they will hide nothing so I am leaning towards Trump being guilty because they have tried so hard to prevent testimony or documents from being seen.
If we have first hand witnesses like Bolton and Mulvanny testify we will all have a better picture. We deserve the truth.
The democrats in the house had all the power to call as many witnesses as they wanted in the house. Absolutely anyone. The timing of Bolton coming out is awfully suspicious. Bolton was available when the house was in control, so why no call him as a witness then. The fact is there is not an impeachable case against Trump. They couldn’t and there isn’t.

Old 02-02-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Trump has already survived any number of 'blockbuster' books, including Fear by Woodward, Comey's book, McCabe's book, Christie's book, etc. He'll survive this one too.

I thought it might be a good idea for Team Trump to bring in Bolton as a witness to get his story under oath, and with the opportunity to cross-examine him. Obviously Team Trump felt otherwise.

I welcome his book just for the sake of history, and plan to read it. He's playing the leaking game, which to me suggests a level of untrustworthiness. I'm reading Nikki Haley's book right now, and she paints a pretty positive picture of Trump. I highly recommend her book.
The reason they didn't want Bolton to testify is the same reason that treason is almost always pleaded down to a lower offense. Traitors can spill lots of dirt and take a lot of good people down with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies