Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2020, 09:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
So the Iranians may be shooting rockets... and you think about Trump either winning or losing.. we know why you posted what you did. It is all political to you. You don't care about Americans . You would like to see some of them dead so you could scream to the housetops and get great pleasure in saying it is Trump's fault.
Dude, you need to give Hannity and Judge Jeanine a break! Don't blame me for the mess trump made in Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 09:22 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Haven't read this whole thread, but OP sounds excited about Iranians attacking Americans.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Bottom line is that it’s time to fold the tent and leave Iraq. The Iranians and their Shia proxies are looking to make our stay untenable.

The United States: the nation that knows how to get itself in innumerable quagmires, but can never figure out how to extricate itself. The nation that never takes a hint.

Some of you won’t be happy until we’re evacuating our embassy from the roof...Saigon style.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:34 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Of course the haters are going to try to spin your post into something it wasn't, but the reality is, Iran is not done getting revenge on us for the little game Trump played a few weeks ago. Anyone who thinks they are simply going to fold and give up doesn't know how these people hold grudges and how they keep going after someone they hate.
The Op's post was exactly what it was.

There was zero spinning it in to something that it wasn't.

Quote:
Now, if you think that statement is unAmerican or Pro Iranian, that is your choice, but history should teach you something about how these people think and act. I would not be surprised at all to see some act of terrorism on our soil by these people in the future, that is how they do things.
What's your solution?

They aren't school yard bullies. They're religious nut jobs. And don't we all HATE religious nut jobs in the US?

You should brush up on your medieval history - the Muslims ( a caliphate that starts with a 'U") invaded the region when it was still the Roman Empire (took 'em about 20 years to get it right), took over, and it's been mostly a ****hole ever since & still stuck in in the middle ages in many ways, even in 2020.

I'm good with pulling the troops out - let the ME implode.

Which would be interesting because Putin is right there & waiting for that to happen.

Have you taken that fact in to consideration?

Also and if the US pulls out of the ME:

I don't want to ever hear ONE WORD about the lack of "human rights" or "women's rights" or girls getting their nether-region of pleasure hacked off or 10 year old girls getting kidnapped by ISIS to be sex slaves, or lack of schools for girls, or whatever else & out of that region, ever again, either.

Let them do their thing.

3,637 posts, read 1,696,722 times
I hope the people who think Iran will cool it are right, but I feel they won't take what Trump did lightly. These are people with a deep seated belief in an eye for an eye. They will die themselves and think nothing of it.

The one thing we were all hoping for was that Trump would get through his 4 years without causing some major war or other problem, and it looks like he just couldn't control himself long enough to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Haven't read this whole thread, but OP sounds excited about Iranians attacking Americans.
You thought wrong.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:37 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Sorry you are not happy with the way things are turning out there and how your dear leader is handling them. Trump needs to shut his pie-hole and bring the troops home.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli....html#poststop

Old 01-26-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, and I also posted this on that same thread:

"After trump's master move, the Kurds will align with Assad who is aligned with Iran. Meanwhile ISIS regroups. Brilliant!"

Old 01-26-2020, 09:46 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yep, and I also posted this on that same thread:

"After trump's master move, the Kurds will align with Assad who is aligned with Iran. Meanwhile ISIS regroups. Brilliant!"

So, don't bring the troops home?

Old 01-26-2020, 09:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I hope the people who think Iran will cool it are right, but I feel they won't take what Trump did lightly. These are people with a deep seated belief in an eye for an eye. They will die themselves and think nothing of it.

The one thing we were all hoping for was that Trump would get through his 4 years without causing some major war or other problem, and it looks like he just couldn't control himself long enough to do that.
Iran CAN’T cool it. That’s not possible.

The Iranians want at least partial hegemony over the region, and they can’t get it if we’re allowed to bully them with no consequences. We have to leave, the way they see it. And after enough attrition and trillions of dollars being spent on our behalf, they can wait us out while they terrorize us in the meanwhile. They also know that after Iraq and Afghanistan, there’s little American support for what would be a VERY LONG war against Iran that would have disastrous consequences for both sides AND the world’s economy.

We’d have two allies in that war: Saudi Arabia and Israel. Neither would be of much use.

The Iranians are gonna play the long game here. They know Trump is boxed in. We really need to leave Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies