Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 07:54 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Which is statistically meaningless outside of the context of total murders. Say for instance there is a city of 1 million people, 15% of which are "black". Say there is 1 murder in that city and it was committed by a black person. What would be the significance of noting that 100% of the murders in that city were committed by blacks? How does that statistic help anyone, but the racist?

Okay let's try one more time.
More than 80% of murders in London are carried out by black people.
Blacks occupy around 10.6% of the population of London.
The only question I am asking is why ...

Old 01-28-2020, 07:55 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Which is statistically meaningless outside of the context of total murders.
you 'racists' sure love your statistics..

Quote:
Statistics are not racist, but racist sure use a lot of statistics.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:56 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They do not kill each other because it is in their nature but they kill each other under the oppression of white society and out of shear frustration at the lack of advancement, jobs and being targeted by white racist cops in a corrupt criminal justice system that is out to get them. Under this yoke of inherent racism and discrimination they have no choice but to steal, deal drugs and murder..

OK let me take my Liberal beanie off now.

The high murder rates have more to do with large groups of people with diverse backgrounds, religious and life views being forced to live close to each other. It also has a lot to do with the break down of society and a lack of respect for ones fellow human.
No they don’t. There are diverse places in the world with low crime rates. It’s where certain oppressive regimes operated against certain groups for longer periods and entire cultures were largely wiped out that you often see these a frustrated, more violent underclass.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Yet London isn’t even in the top 3 when it comes to murder in European cities. In European cities with the highest murder rates, whites commit most of the murders.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:00 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Off the top of my head I would think that it's mostly a carryover from those coming from the Caribbean. The Caribbean has a high homicide rate, being a former slave colony and all. I doubt that those numbers in the UK are coming from the African immigrants....but the Caribbean immigrant population.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
According to who, or what?

Old 01-28-2020, 08:03 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that creates a public "right of access" to information held by public authorities.

You are literally clueless.
I viewed the link prior to my comment. There is a history of edits to your post where you went back and linked the Wiki page for the UK act, but the first one you had before you changed it was for the USA.

Also, this still does not negate what I stated. Citing wiki pages about laws and media sources is not providing a source for your statistical assertion.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Off the top of my head I would think that it's mostly a carryover from those coming from the Caribbean. The Caribbean has a high homicide rate, being a former slave colony and all. I doubt that those numbers in the UK are coming from the African immigrants....but the Caribbean immigrant population.
Doubt the majority are immigrants anymore. These days many are born in the UK and a number of them are half-white. But yes, generally Caribbean, especially Jamaican descent.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:08 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It enables the Democrats and 98% of the Media to blame legally owned guns, and law abiding gun owners instead of criminals with multiple felons on the street committing violent crime. They use those statistics as a means to pass yet more gun control laws adding to the 22,000 illegal ones already on the books.
This has more to do with mass shootings perpetuated by persons who have legally owned guns versus random murders of black people. If only black people were killing each other, no one would care very much about it in the media nor in the government IMO.

Will note I am not for "banning" guns and I legally own firearms. However, I do feel there should be more restrictions placed on legal owners and only allow certain types of weapons to certain, verified, licensed, individuals.

I don't think doing that will prevent lawless folks from getting guns/committing crimes as there is always a market for illegal items, but it will make it harder for them to be acquired especially by mentally ill people.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:08 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yet London isn’t even in the top 3 when it comes to murder in European cities. In European cities with the highest murder rates, whites commit most of the murders.
Woah stop using logic and adding in additional relevant facts other than the carefully selected statistics used by the OP. Your ruining the lazy bigoted group think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies