Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 05:30 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
The Palestinians should have accepted the proposed boundaries agreed in 2000 by the Clinton administration and the Israeli government. They would have been given 90% + of the West Bank under those proposals. But Arafat and the Palestinians would have nothing to do with it. It is likely that was the best deal they would ever be offered. The current Trump proposal is a lot less generous.

There has never been a "Palestinian" state in history. Historically, there has never been a "Palestinian" people, either. When the West Bank and Gaza were under Arab Muslim control (1947-1967), the Arabs had absolutely no concern for the "Palestinians". The Palestinian demand for 100% of the West Bank, all of East Jerusalem, and the "Right of Return" will NEVER happen.
The Palestinians instead started the second intifada that included blowing up buses filled with civilians. The ongoing reply each time peace is proposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2020, 05:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The deal is excellent: the Palestinians get their own state, East Jerusalem as their capitol, $50 BILLION (!!), and yet the terrorist0-led Palestinians will reject it. What this shows is that the inability to achieve peace is the Palestinians' fault, not the Israelis - and that the multitude of posts putting all the blame on Israel is driven by antisemitism.
$50 billion from who?

Old 02-02-2020, 06:10 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
$50 billion from who?
I know you're looking for a way to dump on Israelis Jews, but ALL the money is going to Arabs: Mostly the Palestinians, but also to Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon.

To answer your direct question, the bulk of the money is coming from private capital and loans, and $15 billion is coming from grants. If it brings peace to the region - it won't because Palestinians won't accept anything that acknowledges Israel's right to exist - I think it's money well spent. Compare that to the $160 billion it costs to support illegal aliens and their families year, after year, after year.

It's a moot point, though. Palestinians would sooner cut off their right arm than do anything to bring about peace. HAMAS wants continued bloodshed because it suits their anti-Jew propaganda narrative.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I know you're looking for a way to dump on Israelis Jews
No, you dont know. You need to stop trying to play that card at every opportunity.

Quote:
It's a moot point, though. Palestinians would sooner cut off their right arm than do anything to bring about peace. HAMAS wants continued bloodshed because it suits their anti-Jew propaganda narrative.
Any deal which is designed to be rejected is a moot point and cheap politics.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:15 AM

[quote=Finn_Jarber;57239393]No, you dont know. You need to stop trying to play that card at every opportunity.

Where would the money come from?[/quote]
I just answered you in my response (which you already responded to). Why ignore it?

Old 02-02-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:

[b]Where would the money come from?
I just answered you in my response (which you already responded to). Why ignore it?
You said a fraction of it would come from loans, and they you started talking about illegal aliens.

Anyway the deal was designed to be rejected, so it is just cheap politics.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:26 AM

[quote=Finn_Jarber;57239425]
Quote:
You said a fraction of it would come from loans, and they you started talking about illegal aliens.

Anyway the deal was designed to be rejected, so it is just cheap politics.
You skipped my point: That the anti-Jew Palestinians will NEVER accept a peace plan, even if it were to give them a Palestinian states and tens of billions of dollars to bring it up to the 20th century (21st would be a reach; even 20th would be a big improvement) because of their anti-Jew attitudes.

As far as "cheap politics," you mean it reveals how DISGUSTINGLY HATEFUL the Palestinians are, and that the Israeli Jews are being reasonable? No....we certainly wouldn't want that out! I can see why the BDS crowd would object.

(And I spoke about illegal aliens because I know you were going to start in about not spending the money at all - you've said before how you're opposed to giving money to other countries - so I pre-empted your complaint by showing how much more we are spending on the illegal aliens which liberals defend.)

Old 02-02-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
You skipped my point: That the anti-Jew Palestinians will NEVER accept a peace plan, even if it were to give them a Palestinian states and tens of billions of dollars to bring it up to the 20th century (21st would be a reach; even 20th would be a big improvement) because of their anti-Jew attitudes.
They you agree the whole "plan" was just cheap politics. Maybe it would have made sense to include them in the negotiations.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
They you agree the whole "plan" was just cheap politics. Maybe it would have made sense to include them in the negotiations.
Maybe the moderate Arabs can pressure the terrorist Palestinians into accepting a deal that will help them all. As to why the terrorist HAMAS-led Palestinians weren't included, maybe this was just a first step.

Finally, let's even say it was what you call "cheap politics. Is revealing the truth - that it is the Palestinians blocking peace and NOT the Israelis - a bad thing? Why would progressive insist we keep up the lie that the Palestinians are poor, oppressed people who aren't being given a chance when it is THEY who are the stumbling block?

And WHY of WHY do liberals always take up the side of terrorists? (We sure saw that when Trump took out Soleimani. I thought the wailing of "assassinating an honored general" would never stop.)

Old 02-02-2020, 06:55 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
This was not a "plan" in any sense of the word.

This was a public relations stunt put on by a couple guys desperate for some good press.

Had this been an actual plan, both sides would have been involved in the planning.

It would have been negotiated by someone who knew what the hell was going on. The first clue that this was nothing more than PR nonsense is that it was put together by Trump's son-in-law who had "read 25 books."

The plan would have made sense. Both sides knew the $50 billion was just BS. Neither the U.S. nor Israel is going to pony up $50 billion.

As to the requirements for a sovereign state, please. No other Arab nation in the region comes close to fulfilling these requirements. Hell, the U.S. misses the bar in several areas.

No, this was a a PR stunt and not a very good one at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies