Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2020, 12:44 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you also find blackface white men perpetuating stereotypes for humor hilarious? That's just impersonation, too, right? Nothing wrong with that?

It's the same. exact. thing.
Nope, blackface was essentially a practice with the intention of degradation against blacks.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:51 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Nope, blackface was essentially a practice with the intention of degradation against blacks.
And drag queens are an insult to women. Same thing. They are offensive, using all the catty, bittchy, nasty stereotypes as well as all the makeup, piled up hair, high heels and dresses. They take all the negative characteristics of women and make a 'funny' act out of it.

Offensive and degrading to women. If you think it's not the same as blackface, you are kidding yourself.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:53 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
And drag queens are an insult to women. Same thing. They are offensive, using all the catty, bittchy, nasty stereotypes as well as all the makeup, piled up hair, high heels and dresses. They take all the negative characteristics of women and make a 'funny' act out of it.

Offensive and degrading to women. If you think it's not the same as blackface, you are kidding yourself.
Interesting argument. I myself have never known a woman who was offended by drag queens, but then again it’s not something which came up with many females in my life.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:54 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Quote:

Blackface has a history malicious intent.

Drag queens don’t because it’s a universal practice among people and it is accepted since these people feel differently about themselves.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:58 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,981 times
Quote:

“Grabbing women by the p....y” is degrading to women, not a person doing a harmless stage act!! Are drag kings offensive to men? I don’t think so, and I’m a man.

Old 01-29-2020, 01:09 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
People like President Trump have been indulging in adultery for a long time, yet I never see people like you worried about it. People have been having sex before marriage for a long time with sometimes a baby as a result, yet do you and others ever worry much about it? Nope. Maybe because it's all about straight behavior. If people would only worry more about evil people actually doing harmful crime against the will of the people, it would sure be a better world to live in.
Barry indulged in bath house visits for a long time, yet he was against gay marriage at one point. Were you voice complaints against Barry?

Old 01-29-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So my 5th grade teacher was immoral for having all the male students dress up in drag to put on a fashion show for the school?
They are pushing an agenda and all the pussyfooting and calling it a "fashion show" doesn't paint it any other color but leftist propaganda.

Old 01-29-2020, 01:13 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Misleading title. It is a commercial. Too much drama.

So dont buy Sabra.

I wanna see the finish to the Snickers commercial.

Is Mr Peanut getting toasted ?

"Nothing left but a monocle" ?

Old 01-29-2020, 01:14 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
On the other hand, I am betting that even the straightest conservative here has some sort of sexual proclivity, fetish, or fantasy they wouldn’t talk about publicly, because it’s...”abnormal”

Old 01-29-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Speaking of things prohibited by the Bible, what about pigskin?

Leviticus 11:8, “You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.”

What are good Christians doing watching men touch pigskin footballs?
I don't watch football. Does that make you feel better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies