Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2020, 02:07 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I don't watch football. Does that make you feel better?
Then you won't see the commercial. You can let go of your pearls now.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
More masked anti-Semitism right here. We’ll remember that. But alas I’m off topic again.
Someone quoted scripture at me, and I quoted scripture back. Not sure where you get that's anti-semitic. Are you saying people who quote scriptures, or pastors or anyone else who quotes scriptures is anti-semitic? I don't think I understand what your point is. I didn't write it.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:13 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Someone quoted scripture at me, and I quoted scripture back. Not sure where you get that's anti-semitic. Are you saying people who quote scriptures, or pastors or anyone else who quotes scriptures is anti-semitic? I don't think I understand what your point is. I didn't write it.
You are quoting the Torah and obviously have a problem with the way some Jews live, whether you know it or not.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
You are quoting the Torah and obviously have a problem with the way some Jews live, whether you know it or not.
Um, no. I don't give it that much thought. I'm quoting the bible. I don't need to get down into the weeds of all of it. Like I said, somebody quoted scripture and then I quoted scripture. I don't care how Jews or anybody else lives. People are free to live how they will as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:54 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
More masked anti-Semitism right here. We’ll remember that. But alas I’m off topic again.
Since when has quoting the OT in response to someone else quoting the OT been anti-Semitic? What is the purposed logic behind that?

Old 01-29-2020, 03:44 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Any time a company embraces homosexuality or transgender”ism” they lose money. But that is their right to do so. Sounds like some millennials were promoted ahead of their time. It really isn’t anything new— RuPaul has been around forever and even the 80s were full of androgynous stuff. But it Seems like a strange thing to thrust upon viewers, many of whom worship sweaty black guys. That doesn’t really jibe.

I sense a bit of anti Semetism here.

That is simply not true. In fact much of Corporate America and Big Sports embraces the LGBT community. On the topic of the Super Bowl, in the past, two different states tried to pass an anti-gay law, and the NFL threatened to move the Super Bowl out of those states.

N.C had a bathroom bill signed into law, and the various boycotts by Corp America, Entertainment and Big Sports made the state flush that bill down the toilet. Texas tried too pass a similar bill a few years back and would of lost out on several big sporting events. That being the NFL Draft event, March Madness Final Four, and the recent NHL Winter Classic.

Old 01-29-2020, 03:58 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
That is simply not true. In fact much of Corporate America and Big Sports embraces the LGBT community. On the topic of the Super Bowl, in the past, two different states tried to pass an anti-gay law, and the NFL threatened to move the Super Bowl out of those states.

N.C had a bathroom bill signed into law, and the various boycotts by Corp America, Entertainment and Big Sports made the state flush that bill down the toilet. Texas tried too pass a similar bill a few years back and would of lost out on several big sporting events. That being the NFL Draft event, March Madness Final Four, and the recent NHL Winter Classic.
Yup. Homophobia is bad for the bottom line - which is why corporations act accordingly.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:06 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
“The leftist are real nazis”

*Meanwhile this thread is posted*

Old 01-29-2020, 06:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Blackface has a history malicious intent.

Drag queens don’t because it’s a universal practice among people and it is accepted since these people feel differently about themselves.
Accepted by whom?

I'm sure there are lots of people who accepted blackface actors derogatory displays, too. Think that's OK?

Old 01-29-2020, 06:08 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
“Grabbing women by the p....y” is degrading to women, not a person doing a harmless stage act!! Are drag kings offensive to men? I don’t think so, and I’m a man.
Was blackface a harmless stage act?

Of course that word is degrading to self-respecting women. Just don't ask all the feminists who proudlywore p-ssy hats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies