Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2020, 09:13 PM

8,281 posts, read 6,360,890 times

Advertisements

Their all ugly, every one of them.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:26 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,853,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment!
So what?? It's just words.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:30 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,092,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Their all ugly, every one of them.
They’re under yo bed, hide yo kids hide yo wife.

They gon fiind you!
They gon fiind you!

Old 01-30-2020, 06:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,898,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're either overlooking or ignoring the intent of both acts. Blackface was a majority parodying the perceived inferiority of the black minority. Blackface characters would depicted as stupid boors, using incorrect language, essentially relishing in negative stereotypes. Like most conservative attempts at humor, it kicked down.

Drag queens are depicting women as glamorous, powerful beings. The only people who are victimized are those who for whatever reason can't deal with the fact that drag acts exist.

Appropriation as empowerment, it's a thing.
Drag depicts the WORST stereotypical "g3nder" characteristics of women. Just like blackface does. For laughs.

They do not portray women as "glamorous, powerful beings" If that was an accurate assessment, every women would be *acting* like a drag queen. They don't. Far from it. Because it's INSULTING and OFFENSIVE. And every women knows that.

Not sure why you are insisting that as it is not true. Live in delusion I guess ... likely another case of if it's LGBTAKJBFK it's ALWAYS good, right?

Old 01-30-2020, 06:30 AM

36,194 posts, read 30,648,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
As a gay man I can tell you that 90% of drag queens are filth, scum of the earth, broke-as-a-joke scumbags with huge drug and/or alcohol addictions. Terrible people, I know first hand.

They think they have "talent" because they mouth words to songs and make smart a** remarks, it's pretty funny.

Years and years ago I partied at gay bars a lot, and knew a lot of them.
You know 90% of all drag queens, puzzling yet impressive.

Old 01-30-2020, 06:57 AM

34,172 posts, read 18,471,987 times
I have no problem if private companies want to use transgender, or "drag queens" in advertising as long as it is within the FCC standards. I also have no problem avoiding their product with impunity for using a cheap, trendy gimmick that is in poor taste.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:07 AM

1,877 posts, read 673,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Drag depicts the WORST stereotypical "g3nder" characteristics of women. Just like blackface does. For laughs.

They do not portray women as "glamorous, powerful beings" If that was an accurate assessment, every women would be *acting* like a drag queen. They don't. Far from it. Because it's INSULTING and OFFENSIVE. And every women knows that.

Not sure why you are insisting that as it is not true. Live in delusion I guess ... likely another case of if it's LGBTAKJBFK it's ALWAYS good, right?
Every drag show I've been to has had a high proportion of women in the audience, more than men in many cases.

Do minstrel shows often have a majority black audience?

Old 01-30-2020, 07:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,898,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
Every drag show I've been to has had a high proportion of women in the audience, more than men in many cases.

Do minstrel shows often have a majority black audience?
Never been to one because I find them offensive. You?

If it's LGBT then standards don't apply, right? They can be as offensive as they want and it's acceptable, right?

Drag queens build their acts on the most horrible gender stereotypes of women that exist. They are offensive and insulting to women.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:23 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I go to the same party every year and we always play a dice game at halftime instead of watching the 'entertainment'. Looks like I won't be missing anything again this year.
The halftime show sounds like crap anyway. All I seem to hear is female voices on pop radio. It all sounds the same whiny electronic crap. I miss the days of some heart in music. Now it is just a formula put on paper.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:35 AM

36,194 posts, read 30,648,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Never been to one because I find them offensive. You?

If it's LGBT then standards don't apply, right? They can be as offensive as they want and it's acceptable, right?

Drag queens build their acts on the most horrible gender stereotypes of women that exist. They are offensive and insulting to women.
I would go if the opportunity arose but its not a big thing in my area.
I would definitely go see a drag show before I would go to a strip club (more of a thing in my area) which seems IMO more offensive, stereotypical and insulting to women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies