Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2020, 12:58 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
How can being a naked woman NOT be accused of ... being a woman?

I don't think you understand the words being used.

A naked woman is a naked woman. If she's dancing for money, I find that really sad. I wish she had more respect for herself. But I don't find that insulting because she is NOT insulting me. I know a naked woman has lady parts. I know men like to stare at them. None of that is "stereotypical." It's basic common knowledge.

A drag queen is a MAN pretending to be a WOMAN by intentionally taking every horrible, pathetic and sad physical and emotional stereotype of women and using that as an act. It's offensive. And insulting. Because they ARE using insults as the main point of the act. It's 100% negative. On purpose.
So that is your issue, they are not biological women.
Who gives a fig?

Old 01-30-2020, 01:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Would you hire a blackface minstrel show to be entertainment at a fundraiser for minority scholarships?

Same thing. /shrug/

Not repeating this anymore.

Argue amongst yourselves at how fabulous offensive and insulting behavior is because if its LGBT it's gotta be accepted.
I am saying that YOU do not get to declare for ME what I find objectionable. I am a woman, and I am telling you that I do not find drag shows to be objectifying, or negative toward women. Neither do the majority of the audience which are generally women. But you wouldn't know about that since you have said that you have never even been to a drag show. You're just on here complaining about something that has no effect on your life, you are not required to see, and have no experience regarding.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:12 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,516,649 times
The hate from the right never stops. People can't just ignore those they don't like anymore. The fox news dog whistle has people trained.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:38 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I am saying that YOU do not get to declare for ME what I find objectionable. I am a woman, and I am telling you that I do not find drag shows to be objectifying, or negative toward women. Neither do the majority of the audience which are generally women. But you wouldn't know about that since you have said that you have never even been to a drag show. You're just on here complaining about something that has no effect on your life, you are not required to see, and have no experience regarding.
You did not read my post correctly. Your response is irrelevant.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:41 PM

46,947 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
You've been to a blackface minstrel show? Good gawd.
Words mean things, do try to keep up.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:43 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So that is your issue, they are not biological women.
Who gives a fig?
Your argument was the stereotypically stripper are objectionable.

What is stereotypic about a stripper? She's a woman. Right? She's insulting HERSELF by being a stripper, no one else. What's the stereotype that is in play?

A drag queen is an ACT that makes fun women by it's very nature. It's a stereotype of a stereotype, technically.

Not sure why you are pretending you don't understand that.

Old 01-30-2020, 02:18 PM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
When actual pr_0n is the halftime show, then our moral decay is noteworthy.

Until then...settle down, relax, take a few deep breaths.

Old 01-30-2020, 02:21 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Your argument was the stereotypically stripper are objectionable.

What is stereotypic about a stripper? She's a woman. Right? She's insulting HERSELF by being a stripper, no one else. What's the stereotype that is in play?

A drag queen is an ACT that makes fun women by it's very nature. It's a stereotype of a stereotype, technically.

Not sure why you are pretending you don't understand that.
I'm not arguing, IMO, a stripper is more demeaning and insulting to women than a drag queen.
I'm not sure where or when stereotypical became the issue.

I was asking you if your issue is that drag queens are not biological women based on the statement in your post.
Honestly no I dont understand YOUR reasoning, I dont agree with it. Not everyone sees things the way you do believe it or not.

Old 01-30-2020, 02:33 PM

638 posts, read 240,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
The hate from the right never stops. People can't just ignore those they don't like anymore. The fox news dog whistle has people trained.
What you are not seeing is that what we don't like isn't their freak show, its how we are forced to accept it despite it being against our beliefs... the left can't handle me laughing at them and calling them freaks and they get all undone when it happens..

Old 01-30-2020, 02:36 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,738,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
What you are not seeing is that what we don't like isn't their freak show, its how we are forced to accept it despite it being against our beliefs... the left can't handle me laughing at them and calling them freaks and they get all undone when it happens..
Then...change the channel.

Personal liberties should be the ideal. Not gay? Don’t sleep with your own gender. Don’t like abortion? Don’t get one. Don’t like guns? Don’t buy one. Don’t like a Prius? Don’t drive one.

You can say no to things without having to convince others that they should say no as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies