Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2020, 02:39 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,599,110 times

Advertisements

I like most Drag Queens. Most, because people are people, and you have nice people and not so nice people.

I haven't read the whole thread so not sure if it has been pointed out, but Drag Queen usually refers to Show Queens. They are first and foremost performers. In Vancouver, corporate events have even hired some of our well known ones to perform. No biggie. They don't want to be women, they don't dress as a women unless performing. It is a talent as old as humans. They also have a WICKED sense of humour.

They also raised a ton of money for charities, by hosting bingo games etc.

Old 01-30-2020, 05:11 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,088,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
What you are not seeing is that what we don't like isn't their freak show, its how we are forced to accept it despite it being against our beliefs...
You're not forced to do a damn thing. And as for your beliefs, I'm quite happy for you if you've found an ethos that makes sense to you - it's just that you don't have the right to insist that your beliefs are binding for anyone else.

"...it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg", as a very smart guy once said.

Old 01-30-2020, 10:54 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,651,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
This upcoming superbowl is one for the history. Why? This superbowl, sjws can not watch it in its entirety for a lost of reasons. The chiefs are a caricature of native American. 49rs, the former team of Colin kap who took a knee on the field, than you have cheerleaders which only feature females and are seen as sex symbols. So in total the sjw sees 3 sins that goes against thier smooth world view. Inserting and LGBT commercial won't do much, and is seen as waste, however it's a start.
The "49"ers are also a caricature as well - but known amongs locals in the dating scene in San Francisco/Silicon Valley. It's a reference to the uneven dating ratio and the social ranking scale of a woman's perceived "looks" versus her dating potential. So "49"ers has become an offensive, sexist type of pejorative slang word against women. It's part of the urban dictionary if you google it. I don't want to add the link since it's too offensive against women.

As for the OP, the Bay Area is where that whole LGBTQ movement started to gain momentum decades before "Brokeback Mountain" came out. So, I am surprised he is complaining in 2020 when way back in the 60s or 70s it was common for a Bay Area lifestyle. Here in Arizona that community has taken a huge stronghold at ASU and are very prevalent in the day-to-day culture of the young adult students. Which means the sports teams at ASU are often part of that lifestyle. Times have changed.

But I am moderately conservative and understand where the OP is coming from. For example, I tried to watch ASU football last fall like I did in my youth but just couldn't do it. I kept wondering if a bisexual ASU player is going to "grope" in between plays or if some of the female cheerleaders have masculine girlfriends (e.g. Abbie Wombach) somewhere in the stands. So, I just stopped watching ASU games. I miss the days of Frank Kush football decades ago when Phoenix was actually religiously conservative.

Given the formerly conservative ASU has gone far left to the LGBTQ presence, it doesn't surprise me the Super Bowl is doing something like that.

To be fair, the LGBTQ are humans with dignity and should not have to deal with hate crimes which are unacceptable. There's got to be some civil interaction despite religious or political differences.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,688,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
As a gay man I can tell you that 90% of drag queens are filth, scum of the earth, broke-as-a-joke scumbags with huge drug and/or alcohol addictions. Terrible people, I know first hand.

They think they have "talent" because they mouth words to songs and make smart a** remarks, it's pretty funny.

Years and years ago I partied at gay bars a lot, and knew a lot of them.
Yes, this one in OKC was famous for many years for being mean to audience members and embarrassing them. At least she cut hair and wasn't always broke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg_x07HRl3o

Old 01-30-2020, 11:34 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,198,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment!
How about eating shellfish or growing different crops in the same field, garments made of two different fabrics, killing a disrespectful child, etc. etc..... Nobody should believe the junk in that sick book of myths...

Old 01-30-2020, 11:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,688,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Never been to one because I find them offensive. You?

If it's LGBT then standards don't apply, right? They can be as offensive as they want and it's acceptable, right?

Drag queens build their acts on the most horrible gender stereotypes of women that exist. They are offensive and insulting to women.
A few of them like to impersonate famous singing stars, such as Cher. What is so offensive about a man doing that? My guess is if done well, the real Cher is more impressed than offended.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,793,533 times
And then there's Darcelle -

Portland Icon, Darcelle, Will Shine in Starlight Parade Joined By Portlandia Stars - Portland Rose Festival - Portland Rose Festival
https://star-news.info/2018/06/07/el...-world-record/
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/count...ZyTExKD939bRw3

Much admired by people who aren't creeped out by gay people.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:11 AM

534 posts, read 1,172,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment!
What's more sickening is that you quote a book that's been translated and retranslated enough times to make its meaning questionable, at best.

Not to mention the fact that organized religion, in general, is responsible for more mistreatment of people than just about anything else. So to give two sh%#s about what the bible, the koran, or any other religious publication says regarding wearing the clothing of another gender - something that hurts no one - is ridiculous.

Old 01-31-2020, 03:39 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,309,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
The "49"ers are also a caricature as well - but known amongs locals in the dating scene in San Francisco/Silicon Valley. It's a reference to the uneven dating ratio and the social ranking scale of a woman's perceived "looks" versus her dating potential. So "49"ers has become an offensive, sexist type of pejorative slang word against women. It's part of the urban dictionary if you google it. I don't want to add the link since it's too offensive against women.

As for the OP, the Bay Area is where that whole LGBTQ movement started to gain momentum decades before "Brokeback Mountain" came out. So, I am surprised he is complaining in 2020 when way back in the 60s or 70s it was common for a Bay Area lifestyle. Here in Arizona that community has taken a huge stronghold at ASU and are very prevalent in the day-to-day culture of the young adult students. Which means the sports teams at ASU are often part of that lifestyle. Times have changed.

But I am moderately conservative and understand where the OP is coming from. For example, I tried to watch ASU football last fall like I did in my youth but just couldn't do it. I kept wondering if a bisexual ASU player is going to "grope" in between plays or if some of the female cheerleaders have masculine girlfriends (e.g. Abbie Wombach) somewhere in the stands. So, I just stopped watching ASU games. I miss the days of Frank Kush football decades ago when Phoenix was actually religiously conservative.

Given the formerly conservative ASU has gone far left to the LGBTQ presence, it doesn't surprise me the Super Bowl is doing something like that.

To be fair, the LGBTQ are humans with dignity and should not have to deal with hate crimes which are unacceptable. There's got to be some civil interaction despite religious or political differences.
So you saying you do not watch Football because your afraid a gay/bi player is gonna do a reach around? That's certainly a new one.

Old 01-31-2020, 06:11 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,680,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yes, this one in OKC was famous for many years for being mean to audience members and embarrassing them. At least she cut hair and wasn't always broke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg_x07HRl3o
That's nothing. Drag queens will literally shame someone into crying or walking off, they're that nasty. They hate women, and women coming to gay bars in a lot of cases.

This one you posted talking about tips cracks me up....drag queens get a bunch of ones thrown at them if they're lucky. Waffle house waiters make more money off of 3 tables than they do.

They think they should be worshipped, and that everyone should bow down to them. And some of these silly gay people do, and it's pathetic.

As a gay man, drag queens do not speak for me. That whole scene is embarrassing and gives most normal gay people a bad name. There are lots of normal gay people out there that also would never have any part of this or be associated with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies