Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2020, 07:25 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave2thesystem View Post
Common sense policies? HA!! Racist policies are not common sense policies. Are you saying a little over half the country has no common sense because we do not condone the racist impeached trumps policies?

I frankly don’t give a hoot if illegals are here. I would want to come here also if I was in Mexico. I’m more concerned about the white supremacist and nationalists than I am of an illegal immigrant. My fight is with the RACISTS. Not some hard working illegal alien.

Impeached trumps agenda will only last his term. Hopefully, AND MOST LIKELY this year. Then we can tear down whatever wall he put up.

WTH does wanting to secure our border from "illegal" entry have to do with racism or white nationalism? It's a shame that you actually proclaim that you condone law breaking illegal aliens in our country. Doesn't matter if they are hard working or not either! They have no right being here stealing jobs, taxes and resources from Americans. Why would you want the wall torn down? You don't give a damn that we'd be flooded with all kinds of other unsavory characters also? Stick your anti-American race card where the sun don't shine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 07:30 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump's Wall falls over in the wind today: Video here

Sophisticated 4,000 foot long tunnel found under the wall today: Article here

The tunnel isn't a surprise, that's nothing new, and was widely predicted as a way for border crossers to defeat Trump's wall. I have to say I never thought it would fall over in the wind though

Trump's wall will be an expensive boondoggle.
While I feel that a physical wall isn't going to be that effective, you're thread is seriously disingenuous.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:44 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The illegals we find working at meat plants house, feed and clothe themselves. They`re taxpayers so why not educate them? If the trailer park crowd had as much as ambition as these people we could save a lot of money.
I see, so as long as you pay taxes it's ok to break the law? I guess that excuses American law breakers to then just as long as they are paying taxes? Huh? How are they paying income taxes if not by using a fake or stolen SS number? That's a felony! Many of them work for cash and aren't paying any income taxes. But according to you pro-illegals the latter doesn't matter? Just like clockwork you try and justify illegal immigration by comparing them to our own unemployed or poor. Sorry, it doesn't fly. They have a right to be in this country while illegal alien don't!

Many illegal aliens are supplementing their low incomes via welfare also. They get all kinds of freebies from giving birth on our soil or use fraud to gain it. Many of these jobs were lost to Americans already employed by working for less. How does that fit with your lazy American narrative?

Old 01-30-2020, 07:59 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Wait, are talking about the election?

I didn’t think so.

3 million more AMERICANS voted for Hillary. Bottom line, period. I REALLY doubt those three MILLION Americans are for the wall.
You are probably right. How will they get back here to vote again the next time they are deported?

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 01-30-2020 at 08:07 AM..

Old 01-30-2020, 08:06 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Are you having reading comprehension issues? Where did I say I’m all for OPEN BORDERS? I don’t care that illegals are here. If they’re here, they’re here. No sweat on my back. They are not a detriment to me or my family AT ALL. I’m NOT for open borders, but if they’re here they’re here. I DONT care. My heart is not filled with HATE. I’m FOR e-verify. That’s as far as I’m going with it. I don’t support no stupid wall. If you INTERPRET me supporting E-verify and not wanting a wall, then I can’t help you buddy!!
You are for open borders. When you say that you dont mind them being here, and that you want to knock down barriers at the border, THAT is open borders. How is that so hard to understand? I think you guys that say this are in serious denial.

And I don’t believe you are for really for E-verify either. At least not one that is effective.

Unless you want to tell me that you are for all these illegals losing their jobs and being out of work. Is that what you want? If it is, then you and I are on the same page, but I have a feeling it isn’t.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:25 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
While I feel that a physical wall isn't going to be that effective, you're thread is seriously disingenuous.

Nah. I'm mostly just poking fun at Trump's wall for falling over in the wind. That won't be the last tunnel though.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:39 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Trump's Wall falls over in the wind today:Video here

The tunnel isn't a surprise, that's nothing new, and was widely predicted as a way for border crossers to defeat Trump's wall. I have to say I never thought it would fall over in the wind though

https://media3.giphy.com/media/HPPo8...6&rid=200.webp

Old 01-30-2020, 08:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Trump's Wall falls over in the wind today: Video here

Wind, tunnels.....and that's why a wall is not the most effective way to stop criminals, drug dealers and folks seeking asylum and refugee status.

We can add resources to border crossings to find all of the above and process in a timely manner.
We can add resources to provide more secure processes for our visa processes and tracking.
We can add resources to improve e-verify and the prosection of employers who insist on hiring illegals - who they KNOW are illegal.

But instead -- let's keep it simple -- build a wall and say -- look at everything we are doing to stop illegals.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:57 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
You have to hand it to Trump. He created the fiction that our greatest worry and nightmare are the infidels crossing the Southern border, then he created the idea of the Wall to focus attention on the imaginary threat. And we continue to discuss it and debate it as if it really mattered.

While we debate non-issues like the Wall, and guns, and abortion Trump continues to rip away at the underpinnings of our Constitution. The American people may deserve what they get - so easily are they led down the path and distracted by populist jibber-jabber. Many people really, truly, believe that "the Wall" is an important issue.

Old 01-30-2020, 09:06 AM

542 posts, read 448,583 times
Default Section of Trump built border wall falls over in the wind.

https://news.yahoo.com/newly-built-c...042833736.html

A portion of President Donald Trump's border wall blew over in the wind and fell into Mexico, according to the NBC News affiliate KYMA.

The border wall collapsed about midday Wednesday and landed on a row of trees, according to the police in Mexicali, a town on the Mexico-California border.

Only the best and most beautiful wall will be built.

Last edited by TheGrandViking; 01-30-2020 at 09:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies