Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 08:34 AM

24 posts, read 10,853 times

Advertisements

I again I am not a McDonalds worker and Yes, English is my second language. But I probably speak it better than most. Public education is in real trouble in certain parts of America and now a large percentage of students can not even read past a 4th grade level. If I were President, I would increase funding for education. But since I care about kids education that probably makes me a left wing wack-ooh!

Old 01-30-2020, 08:38 AM

10,066 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What a rage-filled diatribe from a new member! Odd.
I stopped reading after the first sentence. LOL

Old 01-30-2020, 08:38 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
You know things are true due to the repub's attacking the OP and nothing in the post.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:39 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,841 times
oh jesus seek the aid of a safe space

Old 01-30-2020, 08:40 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Presidents can do anything they want to get re-elected according to the GOP. Apparently Nixon’s actions were fine, according to the GOP.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:43 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
happygramma you are pretty much dead on with your statements although like the others I had a really hard time reading your post.

It sounds like you have some direct experience with the evils of authoritarianism, true? I think anyone that has some knowledge of history understands that the scenario you describe is indeed something that could happen here in the USA. There is some naive sentimental belief that our Constitution and balance of powers will save us from that fate, but Trump is showing us every single day how weak those protections really are.

The bowing down has already begun, hasn't it? Right now it is mostly the Republican Representatives and Senators and the extreme zealots at the hard right wing of the GOP. Is it just the beginning?

Old 01-30-2020, 08:44 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
so in Nov when we have an election will you come back and walltext how you were wrong?

Old 01-30-2020, 08:45 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
As tongue in cheek as your post is, you are pretty much correct. Trump has created a nation of us vs them. Instead of working for all the people, he works for himself and had divided this country right down the middle.

He sees himself as the Supreme Ruler, doesn't listen to anyone else, and drools at the thoughts of being able to be like his buddy Kim Jung Un.
This proves how easily democrats can be fooled. The one person who has divided the nation and created an Us Vs Them, was you friend, the anti-American obama. Trump is truly MAGA, open you eyes....

Old 01-30-2020, 08:46 AM

24 posts, read 10,853 times
Thank you for all your comments. I really appreciate them. Please encourage your friends to read these also. I think it DOES take a cooky nut like me to get things stirred up a little. But I still do believe some of this could happen. Afterall, strange things have happened in history. See what happened in Nazi Germany. Nobody thought a creep like Hitler would gain power, but he did. He got rich donors to support him and gradually took away the rights of the Jews. People just ignored this at first and thought, "Ok, he is bad, but how much worse could it get?" Then it did. But that could never happen again because of the 24 hour news cycle and social media. Still look at Venezuala? They used to be a very Democratic, nice nation. My cousin lived there for 20 years but came back to the States several years ago. She is shocked as to what has happened down there. She NEVER thought that such a DICTATOR with PUTINS backing would take over so quickly. So do not get lax into thinking nothing can happen to us. Because it has happened in history before and it is continuing to happen. In the last few years many countries have leaned toward Authoritarian governments. The best thing we can do is to get involved and listen to both sides. I used to be a Republican back when Mr. Reagan was President and I loved him. He was a real Conservative, not a Cult Leader. SO if you love this Country too, then get out to vote and vote for what you think it will take to help all people. Not just ignore those who think different than you..

Old 01-30-2020, 08:47 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygramma View Post
I am also sorry to disappoint you all. I do not smoke, drink, gamble, do dope or anything like that. I am a hard working America who loves their Country and I just grieve as I see this nation going to hell. I pity those who are addicted to the "Trump cult". I really pity you. By the time you wake up from this spell, it will be too late!! Try to get out there and talk to the poor people or the minorities and try to see things from their point of view. Instead we need a President who can bring us together and not divide us against each other. We are all Just People with the same needs, and hopes, and dreams. We all love our kids, and our communities and we are not the enemies!! It is the corrupt thinking and divisive hateful tweets of Trump that are turning us against one another. This is really, really sad. I wish America could turn back to when it was really great. Back during those hard times of the Depression and World War 2, people really worked hard together to help solve the problems. My late father told me stories of how people joined together to help one another out. I miss those days. Instead we should work to solve world hunger and climate change and income inequality, good medical care and stuff like that. I do not hate Republicans. I do not hate anyone really, I just get frustrated at how our Country is being torn in half by this hateful, hateful bigot of a President. I can only pray for him and others who hate as well.
"I am also sorry to disappoint you all. I do not smoke, drink, gamble, do dope or anything like that."
If your goal is truely to be a happy gramma, get behind Trump, he is MAGA...

So what you are saying, you have no excuse for your wild, uneducated rant? So sorry for you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies