Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 09:34 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
We have proven that so called libertarians want to live under a dictatorship.
We have idiots who don't know what a dictatorship really is and spreading lies about it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 09:47 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Always back a winner.

Old 01-30-2020, 09:50 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
The overreach impeach !!!

When the aren't representing other countries and their citizens they are consumed with undermining the constitution !!!

Old 01-30-2020, 10:54 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
i am a lifelong independent(my friends used to yell at me to choose a side, lol) and have voted perhaps 60/40 in favor of Democrats for the last 30 years. For the first time i am most likely just going to vote Republican across the board. This whole thing has just angered me.
I know a lot of people in this camp including myself. Heck, I was a Democrat just months ago and switched to Independent. It is going to be odd not voting for Bernie or Binden, but Independents can't vote in the primary in PA, so I am just going to watch. Bernie has no real chance to win the presidency IMHO. Way too far left. Biden will be a do nothing president. Just float through office for 4 years if elected. I don't like Trump, but he is at least renegotiating deals with countries and trying for peace in the Middle East with the Jews and Palestinians. All those things are VERY difficult to get anything done, but he is in there working on it. Obama did nothing really other than healthcare, which really amounted to about nothing.

I won't vote Democrat this coming election no matter who is there. Not sure if I would vote for Trump. That would be hard for me, but I do like some of his policies. Just wish he would shut up.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:09 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Rising? The chart at your link shows a long, sideways trend.
Very true but if one's head isn't on straight it looks like it is going up.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:11 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Will someone answer the question?
Ask McConnell. His desk is where Dem bills go to die. But they did hold Trump accountable for his abuse of power and impeached him. So there is that.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I know a lot of people in this camp including myself. Heck, I was a Democrat just months ago and switched to Independent. It is going to be odd not voting for Bernie or Binden, but Independents can't vote in the primary in PA, so I am just going to watch. Bernie has no real chance to win the presidency IMHO. Way too far left. Biden will be a do nothing president. Just float through office for 4 years if elected. I don't like Trump, but he is at least renegotiating deals with countries and trying for peace in the Middle East with the Jews and Palestinians. All those things are VERY difficult to get anything done, but he is in there working on it. Obama did nothing really other than healthcare, which really amounted to about nothing.

I won't vote Democrat this coming election no matter who is there. Not sure if I would vote for Trump. That would be hard for me, but I do like some of his policies. Just wish he would shut up.
Trump hasn't accomplished anything with the ME. What has he accomplished with any other countries? He's alienated the U.S. around the world. NK is the same. Russia is the same. Iran is the same. I'm trying to figure out what he's doing except talking about doing things, which really doesn't amount to anything. But he's a smooth talker, I'll give you that.

Thankfully, Obama got the ACA passed. I've been on it for years. Millions of others now have insurance that didn't have it before. So it is far from nothing.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:17 AM

10,063 posts, read 14,439,885 times
It's completely fascinating to watch the Democrats self destruct, over one man--President Trump. Trump has completely destroyed their party practically. It's a remarkable thing really.

As for what they've accomplished, not a helluva lot, other than investigations and impeachment. They helped with the new replacement for the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Not sure what else. Can someone list the 2 or 3 other bullet points of accomplishment over 3 years, please? LOL

Old 01-30-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
It's completely fascinating to watch the Democrats self destruct, over one man--President Trump. Trump has completely destroyed their party practically. It's a remarkable thing really.

As for what they've accomplished, not a helluva lot, other than investigations and impeachment. They helped with the new replacement for the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Not sure what else. Can someone list the 2 or 3 other bullet points of accomplishment over 3 years, please? LOL
For one thing, they've only been the majority in the House for a year. Not sure what the GOP was doing those years the Dems weren't in power.

Can't spell out all the bills they've passed, but here's an article that explains it. Hint: ask Trump and McConnell why they haven't passed the Senate. Talk about obstructionists.
https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977...emocrats-trump

Old 01-30-2020, 11:42 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trumps rising Popularity & Support.
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ez_track_jun16

Good Job Nancy, Adam & Jerry. You guys are Trumps best campaign managers!!
Has Trump ever been over 50% approval? Never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies