Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 09:39 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,635 times

Advertisements

After he took us into the Iraq war that has left thousands of Americans and Iraqis dead I don't care a rodent's rear of what Powell has to say about Trump. He is the biggest slime ball and war monger, along with Bush and Chaney. I just hope he withers away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 09:43 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Meh,

like I posted in another thread, no one has successfully convinced me that Trump has led the country to a wrong direction.

sure, trump has a yuge ego and has said stupid insane things, but who cares? He has done a good job, certainly he is better than many others.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:46 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
After he took us into the Iraq war that has left thousands of Americans and Iraqis dead I don't care a rodent's rear of what Powell has to say about Trump. He is the biggest slime ball and war monger, along with Bush and Chaney. I just hope he withers away.
I thought about staying home on election day. I am in California, so my vote probably doesn't matter anyway.

But with all these impeachment going on, i decided to vote for Trump. So sick and tired of the liberals.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:47 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
This jerk who got us into a Iraq war. Maybe it’s time to shut up.
Its amazing how shameless and/or unaware Powell is after helping to lie americans into a war w/a million casualties. If not in prison he should be hiding out in a bunker, or so guilt ridden as to commit suicide.
You have the media who give him credibility and a format to air his opinions, with no mention of his crime and then there are the people who actually listen to him.
sOciOPatHs R us.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:50 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Former U.S. Secretaries of State Colin Powell and Madeleine Albright both questioned the dramatic negative effects the Trump administration has had on the United States and its people.

Speaking with CNN's Fareed Zakaria on October 7, Powell criticized Trump's various attacks on the news media, close U.S. allies and even the country's own citizens. Powell lamented that his three favorite words in the U.S. Constitution had long been "We the people," but Trump's short time in office has morphed the famous founding fathers' line into "me the president."

"You see things that should not be happening," Powell told Zakaria. "How can a president of the United States get up and say that the media is the enemy of Americans? Hasn't he read the First Amendment? You are not supposed to like everything the press says, or what anyone says…that's why we have a First Amendment, to protect that kind of speech."

https://www.newsweek.com/colin-powel...bHC48mZOiSHFxQ

He’s right for Trump it’s all about him not the country..
For those who claim that it’s the Democrats who have turned hard left, not the Republicans who have turned hard right, Colin Powell is an uncomfortable reminder of how delusional that statement is.

Powell is hardly a leftist, but he is without a place in the current GOP.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:05 AM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
I concur with Mr. Powell. DJT's complete lack of statesmanship is readily explained by his narcissistic personality disorder. He should be seeking treatment for his condition, not attempting to run a country.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:14 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
For those who claim that it’s the Democrats who have turned hard left, not the Republicans who have turned hard right, Colin Powell is an uncomfortable reminder of how delusional that statement is.

Powell is hardly a leftist, but he is without a place in the current GOP.
Like so many others who have left the GOP because they no longer have a home there in the Trumpublican party.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:24 AM

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Colin Powell is still relevant, how?

Old 01-31-2020, 10:29 AM

1,417 posts, read 733,577 times
Oh Colin Powell, you mean that racist fake Republican, who built his life on "equal opportunity " advancement afforded him by the Republican party, instead of talent. Then he continued with his race is all that matters mindset and stabbed the party that gave him a hand up in the back, position after position, advancement after advancement, in order to endorse a man with the correct skin color: Barack Obama. You know Barack, the most divisive race and gender baiter in the Presidency. Yes, that is Collin's idea of a good President. A guy who goes around the world disrespecting his own country and capitalism.

Yes, I would certainly value the opinion of Colin Powell. As a person of color, I can say, negroes like Colin Powell sicken me. They ride the race based gravy train in government mandated race based advancement and live their entire lives counting the number of people of color they see in every position. Colin Powell is just another black man filled with hatred for the white man who despises his country for what he sees as its originals in. I grew up surrounded by people like Powell and I guarantee you if Donald Trump happened to be a black man, Powell would be his biggest defender.

Last edited by GhostOfAndrewJackson; 01-31-2020 at 11:08 AM..

Old 01-31-2020, 10:32 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Two mass murderers offering up worthless opinions. Too bad manson is dead, his opinion would count for just as much.
Right on brother ...... I agree 100 percent. What they did in Iraq was genocide. Yet those on the right and left look the other way and hail these people as heros. Add Condi rice into that as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies