Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 10:34 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times

Advertisements

That's because their tears would not taste NEARLY as sweet to me, had they failed at even getting an impeachment. OR if they had only gotten 10 or 20 votes in the Senate to convict.
But it's a narrow defeat. And THAT is absolutely perfect and priceless!!

Just THINK how close you came to getting Trump, Dems! And think about it every single day for the rest of your lives...............lol
SOOOOOOO CLOSE!!

(And I don't even particularly LIKE Trump much....lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 10:44 AM

29,818 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Lefties are used to defeat and failure. It's all they know. It's what they are most comfortable with. That's why they vote for losers to drag the rest of the nation down to their level of misery and losing.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:45 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
Yeah, but this one was SOOOOOO close!!!! LMAO

Old 01-31-2020, 10:45 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
So you are cheering for a Corrupt President...GOT IT !

Old 01-31-2020, 10:48 AM

10,753 posts, read 4,344,063 times
When you think of what would happen if an outsider ran for President with the intention to 'drain the swamp', the most logical move the swamp could make is to impeach the President before he can drain them.
That is what has happened, except its the most partisan impeachment anyone has ever seen.....thereby exposing the Democrat party for what it is - the swamp.
And the swamp is about to lose.....again.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:57 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times
The swamp is the guy in the white house and his corruption spread to the GOP. Yesterday's poll: Biden 49, Trump 40. Good luck in the fall Trumpers!

Old 01-31-2020, 11:02 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
That's because their tears would not taste NEARLY as sweet to me, had they failed at even getting an impeachment. OR if they had only gotten 10 or 20 votes in the Senate to convict.
But it's a narrow defeat. And THAT is absolutely perfect and priceless!!

Just THINK how close you came to getting Trump, Dems! And think about it every single day for the rest of your lives...............lol
SOOOOOOO CLOSE!!

(And I don't even particularly LIKE Trump much....lol)

This trial is about upholding the Constitution as the main goal.

A secondary goal would be to expose Republican corruption for everyone to see.

Both have been accomplished with or without removing Trump.

Old 01-31-2020, 11:09 AM

29,818 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This trial is about upholding the Constitution as the main goal.

A secondary goal would be to expose Republican corruption for everyone to see.

Both have been accomplished with or without removing Trump.

Ummm, no. It was a coup declared by traitors. That's one reason Pelosi was hesitant to go through with this, because she knew exactly what it was all along. A partisan attempt to nullify and overrule the will of the people. In the past, these traitors would be hanging from the gallows. But that won't happen because most Trumpers aren't out for blood, unlike the left.

Your argument is particularly weak because everyone knows if you want to elect strict constitutionalists, you have no choice but to vote for a republican. And the left has a monopoly on corruption with Hillary and Biden alone.

Old 01-31-2020, 11:14 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Ummm, no. It was a coup declared by traitors. That's one reason Pelosi was hesitant to go through with this, because she knew exactly what it was all along. A partisan attempt to nullify and overrule the will of the people. In the past, these traitors would be hanging from the gallows. But that won't happen because most Trumpers aren't out for blood, unlike the left.

The Democrats has said all along that they didn't want to impeach Trump. Because they knew the corrupt Republicans in the Senate would let him go.

But his crime got so blatant it left the Dems with no choice. To ignore his crime would literally meant the Democrats would be pissing on the Constitution. Criminal Trump's crime is textbook violation of the Constitution.

This reminds me of this tenant I had - he was hated by everyone in the building and towards the end failed to pay rent. We agreed I'd forego the lost rent, he get to stay until the end of his lease that was to come in two months, and I just used his deposit to cover for some of my lost rent. Because evicting a tenant is expensive and a huge hassle for me. All he had to do was find a new place in two months and he get to enjoy this sweet deal but he couldn't even do that! He stole his neighbor' packages and it's caught on camera! So I had no choice but to inform his neighbor (who reported to the police), evicted him, and went after him for the lost rent (which would show up on his eviction history)!! He was like, "But we had an agreement!!" Nope, you screwed up. I couldn't turn a blind eye to that!

Last edited by beb0p; 01-31-2020 at 11:23 AM..

Old 01-31-2020, 11:15 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Trump was impeached. He is the 3rd US president to be impeached.

The rest was obvious, since there is no way GOP Senate would remove him. Personally I did not even follow the whole circus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies