Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2020, 12:44 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Dems do have a problem accepting things like laws, legal proceedings and fair elections.

Well, the whole impeachment thing is a memorial to Hillary. They've never been able to accept the results of the 2016 Election, have disputed it since Day One, and have done nothing but attempt to change the results to their liking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 12:45 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Worst case of TDS I've seen.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:45 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
We didn't do this when Obama was president. So no, you can't say the same about the Republicans. We dealt with your guy being president for 8 years. Now it's time for you to deal with our guy being the president.
I'm fine with a Republican being president. I have always been OK with Republicans being president. I actually voted GOP before. I'm not OK with a traitorous Putin puppet being president. I will never be OK with that because I am an honorable American above anything else.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:46 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I'm not a Trump cultist. I'm actually a Libertarian/Independent who voted for Gary Johnson. From my point of view, the Democrats have jumped the shark in the last few years. They had the opportunity to work for the betterment of this country, and instead have spent the last 3.5 years trying to find any means possible to remove the President from office. There isn't a single piece of proposed legislation from the Democrats that would actually contribute to a better future for Americans.

I'm frankly surprised that the Democrats have exceeded expectations. I really thought that they couldn't do more harm to the American working class than they managed with Obamacare, but they are actively trying. Their latest, with the impeachment attempt, just shows exactly how far they are willing to go to destroy this country.

While I seriously doubt that Trump is in danger of losing the election in 2020 considering who his opposition is shaping up to be, if it looks like there is any chance that a Democrat will actually win it will be the first time I've voted R in a national election in 20 years or so. I would rather have Trump in office than any current Democrat candidate. That's saying a lot, considering that I wouldn't trust Trump to watch my dog for a weekend.
Trump supporters are not "cultists." Any more than JFK supporters were "cultists" or Reagan supporters were "cultists".

Trump supporters are honest and responsible citizens smart enough to recognize who's working for them to improve their lives and their country's future and who's working against them.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
acquittal | əˈkwid(ə)l |
noun
a judgment that a person is not guilty of the crime with which the person has been charged: the trial resulted in an acquittal

According to Lamar Alexander:

An acquittal would require proving that Trump is not guilty of the crime for which he was charged.

#1 - This is an impeachment hearing, not a criminal trial, so there were no charges brought. This was a hearing about whether or not he should be impeached, a distinction that many posters on here can't seem to learn, no matter how often it is explained to them.

#2 - Your own people admit that he did do the crime, so why should he be acquitted?
You have it wrong, they made the accusation that he committed a crime so the burden of proof is on them.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Oh, the CRIME. There actually was one. He withheld money that congress had appropriated. That's a crime. The law against that was passed after Nixon.

And don't forget bribery
Did you even read the transcript of the phone call, there was no mention of money. If any one was guilty of withholding money it was Joe Biden.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:00 PM

858 posts, read 424,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Trump supporters are not "cultists." Any more than JFK supporters were "cultists" or Reagan supporters were "cultists".

Trump supporters are honest and responsible citizens smart enough to recognize who's working for them to improve their lives and their country's future and who's working against them.
When did JFK try to strong arm a foreign leader into digging up dirt on a political rival?

Old 02-01-2020, 01:02 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Yes, Trump supporters, we accept and fully expected this. While you are blasting Romney, remember that Susan Collins also called for witnesses. WHY? Maybe because she is up for re-election in 2020, and the VOTERS of her state "threatened" her?

Temper tantrum? Oh, yes, you will see our temper tantrum at the POLLS in November. BET on that no matter who our nominee is.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:15 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
When did JFK try to strong arm a foreign leader into digging up dirt on a political rival?

Teddy Kennedy did. He went to Russia seeking their government's aid in 1980 in trying to defeat Reagan.

Course, at least he did not drown anyone while in Russia.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:18 PM

858 posts, read 424,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Teddy Kennedy did. He went to Russia seeking their government's aid in 1980 in trying to defeat Reagan.

Course, at least he did not drown anyone while in Russia.
https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...eeting-never-/

Story time is fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies