Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 11:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Trump has done nothing that has impacted me negatively. That isn't to say that he impacted my life in a good way either.

People complaining that he didn't fund a new tunnel for NYC? Let NYC city fund their own tunnel if it is so great. It reminds of the Boston Tunnel. Talk about insanity in motion.

When I lived in the states I visited NYC at least 6 times a year. All that money for tolls and the roads sucked. You leave New Jersey where 80 is as smooth as glass and instantly it turns into the surface of the moon in NYC. I wouldn't trust NYC to manage the project without huge waste , pay offs and graft.

The left loved Obama. Because of him my health insurance nearly doubled, my out of pocket when through the roof and I had something I never had before, a deductible. The Affordable Care Act has to be the most misnamed bill in American history.

That is the worst that Obama was responsible for. I mean other than doubling our debt and involving us in civil wars in 3 at least different countries, because fighting wars in 2 just wasn't enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 08:14 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Trump has done nothing that has impacted me negatively. That isn't to say that he impacted my life in a good way either.

People complaining that he didn't fund a new tunnel for NYC? Let NYC city fund their own tunnel if it is so great. It reminds of the Boston Tunnel. Talk about insanity in motion.
Why would NYC personally fund a tunnel that impacts 10% of the nation's economy? Does a random city in Texas pay for 100% of Fort Bliss? Did Arizona pay for 100% of the Hoover Dam? That doesn't even make sense, as NJ and commuters to the south and west (PA, DE) are the biggest beneficiaries.

And NY/NJ are already paying for the majority of the tunnel. Trump has tied up already-approved federal funding, which prevents anything from being built, and which threatens the nation's economy, because the one existing tunnel is on its last legs. He's doing it to "troll the libs".
Quote:
When I lived in the states I visited NYC at least 6 times a year. All that money for tolls and the roads sucked. You leave New Jersey where 80 is as smooth as glass and instantly it turns into the surface of the moon in NYC. I wouldn't trust NYC to manage the project without huge waste , pay offs and graft.
This is all bizarre nonsense. NYC has no role in the new tunnel. Again, it's being paid for by NY and NJ. Trump is just blocking federal approval, so nothing is happening.

And do you not understand the difference between a city and state? NYC is not a state.
Quote:
The left loved Obama. Because of him my health insurance nearly doubled, my out of pocket when through the roof and I had something I never had before, a deductible. The Affordable Care Act has to be the most misnamed bill in American history.
None of this is true, nor relevant. Obama isn't "Left", nor loved by "Left" and Obama did nothing to your healthcare if you had private healthcare. And "But Obama" is not an excuse for a U.S. President trying to destroy states in the union. Biden will not seek to destroy red states in revenge, of course, but Trump's supporters see no problem in deliberately harming millions of Trump voters in blue states, just to troll the libs.

Old 03-03-2020, 08:22 AM

27,571 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Donald Trump has negatively impacted my life by not running for United States President 32 years ago.

Had he built the Mexican Border Wall in the 1990s, we would not have to deal with this illegal alien mess in this country all these years.

Old 03-03-2020, 08:42 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Why would NYC personally fund a tunnel that impacts 10% of the nation's economy? Does a random city in Texas pay for 100% of Fort Bliss? Did Arizona pay for 100% of the Hoover Dam? That doesn't even make sense, as NJ and commuters to the south and west (PA, DE) are the biggest beneficiaries.

And NY/NJ are already paying for the majority of the tunnel. Trump has tied up already-approved federal funding, which prevents anything from being built, and which threatens the nation's economy, because the one existing tunnel is on its last legs. He's doing it to "troll the libs".

This is all bizarre nonsense. NYC has no role in the new tunnel. Again, it's being paid for by NY and NJ. Trump is just blocking federal approval, so nothing is happening.

And do you not understand the difference between a city and state? NYC is not a state.

None of this is true, nor relevant. Obama isn't "Left", nor loved by "Left" and Obama did nothing to your healthcare if you had private healthcare. And "But Obama" is not an excuse for a U.S. President trying to destroy states in the union. Biden will not seek to destroy red states in revenge, of course, but Trump's supporters see no problem in deliberately harming millions of Trump voters in blue states, just to troll the libs.
Blah blah blah and a few cry me a rivers.

New York's roads suck. They are worse than PA's as if that is possible. No let New York and Jersey fun their own crap. If New York and New Jersey are funding the majority, great let them pay for the whole ride. We saw what Mass did with theirs. How many times do we need to repeat the waste?

Do you not understand that New York City is part of New York State and has a massive say in what happens within city limits? Including contractors?

Old 03-03-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Donald Trump has negatively impacted my life by not running for United States President 32 years ago.

Had he built the Mexican Border Wall in the 1990s, we would not have to deal with this illegal alien mess in this country all these years.
There would be no planes delivering immigrants if Trump were President in the 1990's? Most immigrants, legal or illegal, come by plane, obviously.

And the only person "saving" the U.S. from illegals is a dude married to an illegal, who mass-hires illegals, who refuses to enforce E-Verify, and who breaks immigration laws right and left?

What did PT Barnum say about Americans? Rings very much true. Lots of ignorant Americans were conned. Their hatred of others, and their blaming others for their own personal failings, has resulted in the Trump disaster.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:04 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
The only negativity is the reaction from people who learned that I voted for him.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
New York's roads suck. They are worse than PA's as if that is possible. No let New York and Jersey fun their own crap.
Putting aside your weird, irrelevant rant about NY roads, as if that has anything to do with the Hudson rail tunnel, I like your idea.

Sounds great, actually. Let all states fund their own stuff. That way, CA, NY and all the rich states are owed megabillions, and all the poor red states lose their funding. Net-recipient states like Alabama and Oklahoma can pay for net-donor states like NY and CA. Sounds good to me. All tax dollars stay within states.

But that's the exact opposite of what is currently happening. Trump is diverting megabillions from blue states to troll the libs. So what is your point, exactly?

Old 03-03-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The only negativity is the reaction from people who learned that I voted for him.
Why someone in Newport Beach, of all places, would vote for someone who is trying to destroy places like Newport Beach is beyond me. There will be books/studies about the weird Trump base for the next 100 years.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:10 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I ask this question because I see many leftists/democratic voters stating that they’ll vote for any of democratic nominees rather than voting for Trump.

So for those here who plan on voting the same way, what has Trump done that has negatively impacted your life that you would rather vote for any of the democratic nominees so long as they have a shot at beating Trump?
About the only negative is that I've lost more and more respect for the lying with every breath Media.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:13 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Why someone in Newport Beach, of all places, would vote for someone who is trying to destroy places like Newport Beach is beyond me. There will be books/studies about the weird Trump base for the next 100 years.
There are many reasons why a person voted for Trump or somebody else. I won't demonize a Hillary, or Bernie supporter because I know they must have their reasons voting for them.

Why would anybody demonizing people who voted Trump is beyond me. Like I said many many times in this forum, everybody takes a risk on election day and no matter who is the president, we are ALL in this together. Liberals need to understand demonizing Trump voters ( I won't even use the word supporter) is not a working or winning strategy.

Newport beach has nothing to do with how I vote. I also lived in Riverside county, LA county, other areas of Orange county, China, Japan, Germany, Italy, and 12 other countries. I don't want to express the reasons why I voted for him, it is irrelevant to the question asked by op.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies