Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 06:41 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

I am torn by this, because on the one hand, I think this was a setup designed to take down a duly elected president, under what turned out to be false pretenses.

But on the other hand, I have to worry about the judgement of someone who agrees to have a little chat with the FBI, without a lawyer present.

Even having done nothing wrong, if the FBI calls and says they have some questions for me, the very next call I make is to my lawyer. I would absolutely refuse to answer any questions without my lawyer present, and I would think that would be what anyone would do, whether guilty of something or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 06:46 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Did Flynn secretly meet with the Russians to try to lift sanction as Trump was assuming office? Yes

Did he lie about it to the FBI? Yes

Did he know lying to the FBI was a crime? Yes

Did he plead guilty? Yes

Was someone in the FBI a meanie? Yes

Does that make Flynn innocent of his crimes? No.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:54 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Did Flynn secretly meet with the Russians to try to lift sanction as Trump was assuming office? Yes

Did he plead guilty? Yes

What a naive post.

Hopefully, you will never experience government "meanies" getting you convicted of a crime you did not commit.

BTW, lots of innocent people plead guilty.

https://www.guiltypleaproblem.org/

In its 84-page report, the NACDL cites specific cases, data and statistics illustrating how many defendants plead guilty in part due to fear of what they call “the trial penalty.” This causes fewer and fewer defendants go to trial every year. What used to be 20 percent of those arrested choosing trial 30 years ago, is now down to 3 percent.

This fear of trial saves the prosecution from having their evidence tested for both accuracy and sufficiency. It makes them lazy, invites corruption, and coerces defendants who stand a chance of being acquitted to back off. It also creates injustices. A more culpable defendant, let’s say the guy who pointed the gun in a bank robbery, might plead to a five-year sentence, while the guy driving the car who didn’t know what was going on inside but who went to trial and lost, could get 15.

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/07/inno...-plead-guilty/

Old 05-02-2020, 07:10 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I am torn by this, because on the one hand, I think this was a setup designed to take down a duly elected president, under what turned out to be false pretenses.

But on the other hand, I have to worry about the judgement of someone who agrees to have a little chat with the FBI, without a lawyer present.

Even having done nothing wrong, if the FBI calls and says they have some questions for me, the very next call I make is to my lawyer. I would absolutely refuse to answer any questions without my lawyer present, and I would think that would be what anyone would do, whether guilty of something or not.
I could not imagine a newly appointed NSA advisor asking to have his lawyer present for an FBI interview, maybe it has happened before. This is not just some ordinary citizen its a high ranking cabinet member.

The other part of this is that Flynn should have know that the Russian Ambassador's phone is tapped so why would he lie.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:12 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I could not imagine a newly appointed NSA advisor asking to have his lawyer present for an FBI interview, maybe it has happened before. This is not just some ordinary citizen its a high ranking cabinet member.

The other part of this is that Flynn should have know that the Russian Ambassador's phone is tapped so why would he lie.
I firmly believe the old saying “You can indict a ham sandwich.”

I don't care who you are, speaking to the FBI without a lawyer present, is just stupid. It should never be done by anyone. In fact, I think it should be a requirement.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:25 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This ****e is why I trust the KGB more than our FBI and CIA...they are treasonous scum that deserve the chair.
The FBI and CIA were not created to protect the USA from harm, they were created by the super elite to spy on Americans that may become a threat to their power and corruption and then the FBI and CIA will use the smaller mobs, gangs, drug cartels and war lords that they fund and arm with our tax dollars and our weapons to keep independent thinking Americans down.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess youtube and Fox News passes as a reliable source for information. LOL

Still waiting to hear why Trump foired Flynn, anyone?
CNN, & MSDNC have been so forthcoming. Why are they hiding it?

Fired him to avoid immediate controversy, as Russia, Russia, Russia was blowing up in the FAKE NEWS(Collusion).

Old 05-02-2020, 08:35 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
This Summer, the DOJ will put a couple ex & current FBI employees in prison, then see if they'll flip on who weaponized the FBI to attack Donald Trump and thereafter President Trump.

Where will it lead? How far up the food chain will they get? Will it get above the FBI, CIA, and DOJ level, and into current and past nationally elected Democrat polititicans?

Old 05-02-2020, 08:36 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I seem to recall, he plead guilty, no?
He plead guilty because they threatened to indict his son and go after the rest of his family. He wasn't willing to put his family into bankruptcy, fighting an unfair indictment, as had happened to him, so he plead guilty.

Just remember: if it can happen to a General, it could happen to anyone. With the power and might of the government behind them, there are not many people that could afford to fight that. Unellected bureaucrats should not have that kind of power. Time to drain the FBI swamp, top to bottom.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:38 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post

Did he plead guilty? Yes

Did the FBI abuse their power? Yes

Should those responsible pay the price? Yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies