Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2020, 10:04 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,370,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
After being forced to listen to a law-breaking impeached failure of a president, ripping up the speech is the appropriate action to take.
No one FORCED you to listen - get real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 10:04 PM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He was the media and he did his share of bullpooping.

When I first moved here I use to listen - he was entertaining. I watched a talk show and heard a host say something mockingly. It was a 'liberal' show....

So I'm in the car -- turn on Rush and he is using this clip out of context...knowing it was out of context and pretending like the host was being real about it -- they weren't - it was a mocking bit the host was doing.

He lied -- he went on for half an hour about the whole thing...and his audience ate it up.

It was bull -- it was a show. Harmless fun for most sane, intelligent people.........

He played things out of context, hyped bull...did whatever he did to entertain and promote his agenda.

He's great at it........but it sin't exactly admirable and nobody was calling him out for his bull......
I highly doubt what you're saying because Rush is usually dead on reading between the lines of everything. Additionally any regular listener knows that Trump rarely references talk shows, and if he does its in jest to get a point across. Sometimes you need to have humor to understand not everything is literal.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
More childish of Trump not to shake Pelosi's extended hand for all to see...maintaining grudges, sowing division without any compromise or sense of diplomacy not good for a POTUS. Pelosi's reaction of ripping up the speech shows that she is not a "lap dog" and is a passionate fighter for what she believes in which bodes just fine for her.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/04/polit...ion/index.html
No it wasn't more childish of Trump --- they both were wrong...wrong....wrong.....wrong.....wrong.....

UGH -- we voters are better than this.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:06 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
But only after pouring its contents down her throat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
More childish of Trump not to shake Pelosi's extended hand for all to see...maintaining grudges, sowing division without any compromise or sense of diplomacy not good for a POTUS. Pelosi's reaction of ripping up the speech shows that she is not a "lap dog" and is a passionate fighter for what she believes in which bodes just fine for her.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/04/polit...ion/index.html
Maybe President Trump caught her scratching her backside before extending her hand?

Old 02-04-2020, 10:07 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Nope. A majority of Americans despise Trump. She's firing up her base.
Then her base are petulant little children. She’s a disgrace and should be run out of office.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:07 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Man-child refuses to shake Nancy's hand after she invited him to the SotU? Par for excessive golf course outings, I suppose. I just wonder how this government is going to function now?

Old 02-04-2020, 10:08 PM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Rush is a national treasure.
He created conservative talk radio and owned it for thirty-one years.
You may hate him, but he has had a massive impact during his many years.
I never got into any other talk radio; Rush entertained me every day.
He can't be replaced. I'm so glad for him that he got this well deserved honor.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:09 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
fake news,,,,,,,he would never say those things.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:10 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No it wasn't more childish of Trump --- they both were wrong...wrong....wrong.....wrong.....wrong.....

UGH -- we voters are better than this.
Exactly. It felt like the beginning of a SNL skit. I have expected them to start a physical fight followed by “Live from New York...”

It’s disgusting what this country has come to.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:10 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
You do know that Pelosi didn't properly invite the POTUS into Congress. What a disgrace she is.

How should she have "properly" invited POTUS into Congress? No reason to snub her extended hand and not shake it for all to see. Here is the handshake between the two last year that should've occurred again a few hours ago...

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/20/79020...achment-trial-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies