Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2020, 11:55 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I can only say what she and son say... Both have PhD's and do research. She worked with flu and MERS, he works with AIDS research. Both have been happy with the funding compared to previous years......
Interesting -- the first two years he called for cuts to Aid research.

In December of 2019 Congress did pass additional funding for Aids research and it is being praised as a bi-partisan deal that will see the budget for research continue to grow....but nothing happened in the first two years.

It is a good thing..but after two years of pushing for cuts...it's about time -- lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
There was not enough time to list all of Rush's accomplishments.
Now that's funny.

That's the only real thing worth mentioning.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
It would have been nice if he did. Rush raised the money for blood cancers. Did it on his show every year.
Yes it is good that all these celebrities use their fame to raise funds....but they all don't get medals of honor for doing it.

LOL.

Old 02-05-2020, 12:06 AM

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...itical-impact/
State of the Union addresses usually have little impact on public opinion of the president. Gallup’s regular polling of the president’s approval rating, which goes back decades, enables us to compare polls taken immediately before and immediately after the State of the Union to check for any popularity bumps we might attribute to the speech. But according to Gallup, the average State of the Union address since 19783 has boosted the president’s approval rating by just 0.4 percentage points. In fact, a president’s approval rating is just as likely to go down as it is up after a State of the Union (the average movement in any direction is 2.7 points, which still isn’t very much).

That's interesting I always thought there was a bump -- seems not all the time.

Old 02-05-2020, 12:13 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes it is good that all these celebrities use their fame to raise funds....but they all don't get medals of honor for doing it.

LOL.
Oh, don't get confused. Limbaugh isn't getting a medal for any humanitarian effort. The medal is for bigotry, racism, wing-nuttery, and conspiracy theories. He is one of the most disgusting human beings of our time. He will not be remembered for any humanitarian reason.

Old 02-05-2020, 12:28 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Charged but acquitted, that’s the rule of law. Don’t like it, too bad. I get it that’s all you have to cling to.

No, Pelosi looked like an idiot. She’s pissed that her political stunt failed, the public sees it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Doesn't really matter...Trump will get voted out in November. What political stunt? The impeachment (forever) of Trump or the ripping up of his speech? She ripped it up since Trump wouldn't shake her extended hand and childishly snubbed her for all to see. Holding grudges and fostering more division without diplomacy is bad for America.

Old 02-05-2020, 12:39 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Tinfoil hat brigade has spoken.
Provide a link that proves me wrong because I can provide hundreds that authenticate my statement.

Old 02-05-2020, 12:50 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
He has spent decades exposing the leftist agenda to the American people when the mainstream media would not do it. Yes he deserves this honor. People like him have mobilized good decent Americans against the evil leftist plot. Rush Limbaugh is a true American patriot.
Why are right wingers so susceptible to con men?

What is the leftist agenda? Affordable Healthcare for all? A good education without unsurmountable debt? Clean water, air and soil? A social safety net? Modernized infrastructure? Equal pay for equal work? Food inspection? A woman's right to choose? Lower Rx drug costs?

Yikes...that does sound sinister. Better run for the hills.

Old 02-05-2020, 12:53 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
My DIL used to work at the CDC in a BSL 4 lab ironically with flu (now at another big health org in DC). She is not a Trump supporter in any sense of the word. She said and I quote, "If there is one thing good I can say about Trump.. he is actually supporting the scientific world with the $$'s unlike the previous administration."
Wait, he cut funding and disbanded the pandemic group of pandemic planners under the NSC. Not many in the science community supported that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-05-2020, 01:10 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,123 times
Unbelievable that he even mentioned preexisting conditions which he is trying to eliminate coverage for the 50 million Americans that have them...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/u...alth-care.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies