Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 01:46 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM5iH9KzKfc

Looks like while the city lodges families in luxury hotels, men get the subway for shelter.

After paying an average $237 a night on average for each poor family and advocates for families are saying it's inhumane that get hotel rooms that don't have full kitchens and recreational facilities they have nothing left so homeless men get to sleep all over the subways to keep from freezing on the cold hard streets of DeBlasio and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez NYC.

https://citylimits.org/2020/01/29/ny...ousing-crisis/

Looks like if a family is in need of help anywhere in America, all they need to do is go to NYC with their children and the city will pay for expensive luxury hotel rooms that average $237.

Looks like NYC is housing 7,902 people including 4,087 kids in luxury hotels that average $237

All this while liberal NYC has massive amounts of homeless men, many who are older sleep in their own filth on the subway to keep from freezing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 01:48 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Did the subway look like that the last time you were in NYC, OP?

Old 02-08-2020, 02:02 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
In NYC, $237 would not pay for a luxury hotel room. You're probably right about single homeless being neglected.

Old 02-08-2020, 02:03 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,551,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
In NYC, $237 would not pay for a luxury hotel room. You're probably right about single homeless being neglected.
Yeah, just one data point, but when we stay in NYC, we stay at pretty nice hotels... and it's rarely under $400 night for a room big enough for a family at a luxury hotel.

Old 02-08-2020, 02:07 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM5iH9KzKfc

Looks like while the city lodges families in luxury hotels, men get the subway for shelter.

After paying an average $237 a night on average for each poor family and advocates for families are saying it's inhumane that get hotel rooms that don't have full kitchens and recreational facilities they have nothing left so homeless men get to sleep all over the subways to keep from freezing on the cold hard streets of DeBlasio and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez NYC.

https://citylimits.org/2020/01/29/ny...ousing-crisis/

Looks like if a family is in need of help anywhere in America, all they need to do is go to NYC with their children and the city will pay for expensive luxury hotel rooms that average $237.

Looks like NYC is housing 7,902 people including 4,087 kids in luxury hotels that average $237

All this while liberal NYC has massive amounts of homeless men, many who are older sleep in their own filth on the subway to keep from freezing.
Basically, DeBlasio is helping his already rich friends who own these hotels get even richer off the backs of hard working tax payers. He probably thinks it's the better investment because the kids can be groomed to be a neverending source of cheap labor for the rich (or heaven forbid, other activities that the rich have been enjoying thanks to the likes of Epstein). But the elderly homeless men have outlived their stay in the city, so they are not welcomed anymore. They should pack up and seek help from a small town with a good church.

Old 02-08-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
$237 wouldn’t be enough for a room with a private bathroom in a budget hotel in NYC, depending on the time of year.

Why, it’s almost as if the OP has never even been to New York and has absolutely NO idea what he is talking about....

Old 02-08-2020, 02:23 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
$237 wouldn’t be enough for a room with a private bathroom in a budget hotel in NYC, depending on the time of year.

Why, it’s almost as if the OP has never even been to New York and has absolutely NO idea what he is talking about....
I have never been to NYC and based on videos looks like it wouldn't be for me. NYC is for many, but not for me. It is interesting how these cities are basically becoming open-air petri dishes full of social issues though. I find it fascinating but no I have no interest in experiencing these places for myself.

New York City, Boston, Philadelphia are not cities that are my time of city personally.

They have nothing to offer me personally.

I'd much walk the beach in South Padre, hike in St. George, cross-country ski in Provo, explore warm Tempe in January.

Old 02-08-2020, 02:28 PM

So you think this video is a good representative of the New York City subway system that is used by over 5 million people every day? Why, exactly-because it supports your (extremely sheltered) worldview? Or is there another reason?

Old 02-08-2020, 02:38 PM

858 posts, read 424,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I have never been to NYC and based on videos looks like it wouldn't be for me. NYC is for many, but not for me. It is interesting how these cities are basically becoming open-air petri dishes full of social issues though. I find it fascinating but no I have no interest in experiencing these places for myself.

New York City, Boston, Philadelphia are not cities that are my time of city personally.

They have nothing to offer me personally.

I'd much walk the beach in South Padre, hike in St. George, cross-country ski in Provo, explore warm Tempe in January.
Instead of combing Youtube videos trying to vindicate your biased view of the world, you should actually try to visit these cities. You are probably as likely to be the victim of violent crime in NYC as you are having an injury while cross country skiing in Provo (which I have a sneaking feeling you've never actually done).

Old 02-08-2020, 02:41 PM

Or don’t visit, but if you think posting YouTube videos as “proof” of the horror of place you’ve never been to makes you seem intelligent, well....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies