Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 10:17 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
You are simply dead wrong. Research show it is the exact opposite.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/immig...uage_n_3461873
That "study" is bull huckey. It looks at second and third gen children of spanish speaking immigrants today. That means they were born here and went to American schools.
Youre damn right they better speak English.
Many of them and most of their parents do not want to. They dont feel the need and never wanted to come to America as it existed and be American. They wanted to come here but bring all aspects of their old culture with them. Thats why we now have so many spanish language TV channels. Thats why you hear cars driving around blaring that goofy oom-pah norteno music. My g/f is an elementary school teacher in san diego. Some of the schools she has been assigned to are 3/4 spanish speaking in the lower grades. If you have an American, English speaking child, what kind of education do you think they will get next to them when all the teachers energies have to be focused on bringing them up to speed in basic communications?
Some will say its great for the American kids because at least they will know spanish.
Dumb.
Lowest denominator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 10:20 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
That guy he was insulting has been in the US for 40 years, owns four restaurants in that town employing dozens of people. What has that racist ever done or accomplished?

Old 02-05-2020, 10:25 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
If he came here 40 years ago than it was even "whiter" than it is today.

If white people are such a massive problem, the real question is: why is he even here? Why did he move to a predominately white country if white people are such horrible disgusting sub-humans, like the neoliberals are trying to make us out to be?

Who said white people are a massive problem?

Why are you here why did your ancestors come here?

Who accused white people as being horrible disgusting sub-humans?

Where did neoliberals come into the discussion? Whatever a neoliberal is.

To me this sounds like a crafted response intended to stir up hate and anger by using negative words and name calling. Its a twisted argument that tries to make the victim the bad guy. Why would anyone want to do this? As if I didn't know.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:25 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
That has little to do with Trump.

I've been told lots of times to "go back to my country" (as an American-born Chinese American) or complimented about "how good my English is" or "when did I come to the USA" . I don't take this kind of stupid, ignorant guff and push back, period.
I cant imagine why anyone would tell you to back to your country without provocation. What were you doing that pissed them off?
Consider that line of insult was the first that came to mind. When you **** people off they might belittle you for your haircut, your age, maybe wearing a jersey of an opposing sports team.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:47 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Who said white people are a massive problem?

Who accused white people as being horrible disgusting sub-humans? .

You apparently don't watch CNN or MSNBC or any nightly "news".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

Where did neoliberals come into the discussion? Whatever a neoliberal is.

Basically the entire democrat party today are "neoliberals". Bunch of "woke", Bolshevik lunatics.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
A meeting between school staff and parents took place on Ann arbor Michigan in regards to inclusion equity and diversity. A man with a microphone who is Hispanic is talking in regards to his child and how his child feels about being a student, and the problem his child faces. Another parent heckled to the Hispanic parent, "why didn't you stay in Mexico"? The whole entire room which is full of parents many being white were alarmed and triggered by one of the parents snarky question. At the end of the video the Hispanic guy stated that the united states is the best country in earth and that's why he came here. Sadly the video in the link does not show the full story, and again activist journalism sensors the whole story and the truth into a snippet.

When I take a further look an analysis of this meeting. It seems appears to me that globalization within America seems to be a big problem. Not economically, but socially as well and is causing communities to slowly tear each other apart.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...-volatile.html
Yes, surely this is a brand new phenomenon.

https://www.ranker.com/list/debate-o...gns/cleo-egnal

...In the 1840s...If dealing with starvation, gruesome ship conditions, and persecution by the British wasn't enough, Irish immigrants faced significant discrimination in the United States...

Old 02-05-2020, 11:01 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
when did we change mexico's government?
Ohh please do keep up with foreign affairs. Who is setting up the Palestine and Israel’s peace talking points? Who threatened Central American countries into taking the asylum seekers and processing them, ( Mex) who wanted to cut aid to Ukraine? What about Cuba, Haiti and the list goes on. We shape many other country’s government all the time and have for years. Follow the money.
Too bad we don’t concentrate on the drugs vs the hungry people that come in. We probably freeze 99% of the corona virus. That there tells you we can stop what we want by arm twisting any govt into making sure that shyte never leaves their shores.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:13 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
I cant imagine why anyone would tell you to back to your country without provocation. What were you doing that pissed them off?
Consider that line of insult was the first that came to mind. When you **** people off they might belittle you for your haircut, your age, maybe wearing a jersey of an opposing sports team.
Once when I asked a person to put out their cigarette on public transit (smoking is prohibited). I was in the right about that and was firm about that. Gave me the ugliest death look when she snbbed out her cig and told me to go back to my country. I told her I was from California (this was in NYC). She said, well go back to California and told me F-you. I returned the favor and said F-you back, and added the same phrase in Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese and Spanish to boot!

Old 02-05-2020, 11:18 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As you absolutely should. I can only imagine the rage one feels at such ignorance.
Yeah, well I told off a woman on the subway in NYC when she gave me the nonsense about foreigners and told to go back where I came from, when I asked her to put out her cigarette (and insisted firmly). Quite satisfying really.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:36 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
That has little to do with Trump.

I've been told lots of times to "go back to my country" (as an American-born Chinese American) or complimented about "how good my English is" or "when did I come to the USA" . I don't take this kind of stupid, ignorant guff and push back, period.
And I'm sure they all rued the day they came across you and said the "wrong thing".

This Mexican gentleman has a son who was the victim of bullying in school, something that happens to kids regardless of ethnicity. Bullies will use whatever is in the bully toolbox and that just happened to be the kid's ethnicity. He then decided that he was going to make it about what he wanted it to be about, racism. He is full of crap just like probably everyone else in that room was.

The "bad guy" here called him out on it. It was not smart because the leftist lynch mob is now out in full force. They are going to destroy his life and regardless of what moron lefties think, he doesn't deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies