Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2020, 10:34 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You had no idea she never had an abortion. Right? Had no idea she was a scared 21 y old manipulated and used. She talks about this if you BOTHER to actually look into it.

And it makes all the difference in the world. The case was NOT about Norma McCorvey.
So what? Legalized abortion would have come about with or without her.

And who cares what Norma McCorvey thinks? Does she get to decide what is moral and what is not moral?

A parent regrets owning a gun after their toddler kills their sibling with it.

Should that regret be twisted into a valid reason to ban all guns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 10:34 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ah yes. Conservative, religious men (see: Mike Pence) feel that THEIR personal religious beliefs and THEIR personal opinions make them think THEY know what's best for women and their bodies.

As a moderately religious person myself, it saddens me to see so many conservative religious people think their own personal beliefs should be implemented as the law of the land.

Mike Pence is a turd.
Agree.

And what is worse: some of them also want to outlaw birth control.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
The circumstances of conception are irrelevant. If your arm was broken in a car accident or because you were assaulted during a robbery, would it be treated any differently? Would you demand it be amputated since it was contaminated by a crime?

If the mother's life is TRULY threatened, the mother should be saved. That is a MEDICAL treatment issue. Doesn't happen very often.

These "OMG, I'm gonna GOTCHA her with my BRILLIANT QUESTION" posts get tiresome. Because there's no 'gotcha' here, sorry, shrug.
Here is another one of those scientific facts you are so fond of: Pregnancy can and does KILL women without any ADVANCED WARNING.

That means every single pregnancy is a risk to the life of the woman and she has a right to decide what risks to take with her life.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:43 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Agree.

And what is worse: some of them also want to outlaw birth control.
The legislators seeking to negate legal abortion aren’t exactly a brain trust. My favorite is the idiots in Ohio who want to require embryos removed from Fallopian tubes (ectopic pregnancies) be re-implanted in the uterus or else doctors would face murder charges. They didn’t let the fact that re-implantation is a medical impossibility dissuade them or the fact that complicating what is already an emergency surgery would result in more women dying.

I mean who cares if more women die when they can force giving a completely non viable embryo and additional zero percent chance of survival? Idiots every last one of them.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Do YOU not know right from wrong?
I think it is immoral to kill an animal just for a pretty fur coat.

Guess what? I do not get to force my morality on everyone else.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:00 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Here is another one of those scientific facts you are so fond of: Pregnancy can and does KILL women without any ADVANCED WARNING.

That means every single pregnancy is a risk to the life of the woman and she has a right to decide what risks to take with her life.
Every breath you take is a risk. Deal with it.

You seem to enjoy fully embracing death culture. Not engaging your nonsense again.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
It’s part of her superior “morality” so it can’t possibly be wrong.
Pro life means pro life. Again, what is it that you do not understand?

If you break your leg because a drunk driver runs you down, do you demand it be amputated since it was the result of a crime? Or do you seek the best care possible to repair it?

No answer, right?

Circumstance does NOT dictate outcome.

But hey, again, just dismiss logic AGAIN. The lack of logic, understanding of science, and understanding of morality is truly astounding.

Keep insulting me. It only makes YOU look as if you have NO argument.
Again ... pro life movement is half the country and the MAJORITY of WOMEN ... and growing every. single. day.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Every breath you take is a risk. Deal with it.

You seem to enjoy fully embracing death culture. Not engaging your nonsense again.
People who can't deal with facts often run from them so I understand why you want to disengage.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:16 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Pro life means pro life. Again, what is it that you do not understand?

If you break your leg because a drunk driver runs you down, do you demand it be amputated since it was the result of a crime? Or do you seek the best care possible to repair it?

No answer, right?

Circumstance does NOT dictate outcome.

But hey, again, just dismiss logic AGAIN. The lack of logic, understanding of science, and understanding of morality is truly astounding.

Keep insulting me. It only makes YOU look as if you have NO argument.
Again ... pro life movement is half the country and the MAJORITY of WOMEN ... and growing every. single. day.
Are you referring to the “science” espoused by a handful of doctors (500 ish) when the VAST majority are diametrically opposed to their view? Yes you are. I can find groups who insist Big Foot is real and the Earth is flat. Doesn’t make it true. And the morality you keep talking about is YOUR personal morality not some all encompassing immutable one since there’s no such thing. This concept seems difficult for you to grasp.

RvW will not be overturned despite your shouty red caps. Don’t want an abortion? Don’t get one. And MYOB when it comes to other women’s bodies. It’s really that simple.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:24 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
LOL. If it’s written in red bold font on the internet, it MUST be true!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies