Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2020, 03:00 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,852,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Therein lies the problem.
And who uses the condom.
???

If a woman has sex with a man who doesn't use a condom SHE'S A FLIPPING MORON.

How about: the word NO? Go put on a condom or there's the door?

Are women completely incapable of making good decisions?

This is a PATHETIC argument. It's basically: Women are desperate morons who will screw anyone no questions asked.

Good flipping grief already. Still peddling this crap argument???

It's 100% on the woman to make safe sex choices for HERSELF. It's called being RESPONSIBLE.

(I know, I know, responsibility can't be discussed in this context. Because ... abortions.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 03:09 PM

10,045 posts, read 6,321,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then instead of spending time on here likely convincing nobody, why aren't you outside of an abortion clinic trying to block pregnant women from entering or at least waving a sign in their faces? I don't do it because a woman's unwanted pregnancy is none of my business. If she changes her mind and chooses to have the child, I won't be the least unhappy about it.
I fully endorse that! It would at least free up a lot up bandwidth on C-D.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:12 PM

32,866 posts, read 12,139,432 times
Quote:
Once again, you're wrong. I don't know to what extent you mean by being pro-life, but most women don't want all abortion banned. The majority would agree abortion on demand is okay up to the 12th month or for reasons related to rape and incest.

Your points are best addressed to pregnant women considering abortion. But once again, a woman's sex life and reproductive choices are none of your business, unless she wants you involved to make it your business.

And she's not going to get very many, if any, people to believe that her pro-life stance doesn't have it's origin in religion/the bible.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:13 PM

11,409 posts, read 7,729,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Fine. Abortion kills babies.

So do guns.

Sometimes there are problems for which there is no perfect solution, and lives will be lost.

Preserving the right to own a weapon means some people will use those weapons to kill other people, even children, even babies.

Preserving the right to keep your body and your reproductive system free from control of the government means that some people will abort their babies and those babies will die.

You want to save those babies? Advocate for accurate sex education (you know, SCIENCE!), and cheap and easy access to birth control. Advocate for social programs that support women who want to keep their babiest but struggle economically. Advocate for cheaper adoptions. Advocate for anything that actually reduces the number of unwanted pregnancies and unwanted births.

Because get this through your head: You will not stop abortions by making them illegal. You may make it harder, and you may make it more dangerous, but you will NEVER NEVER NEVER create a world in which no woman ever aborts a pregnancy. Women who don't want to give birth will find a way, as they have since the beginning of time.

So either you want to actually solve the problem you claim to care so much about or you just want to impose your religious beliefs on everyone else and I'm quite confident which it is.
Well said. If it was about actually solving the problem, those against abortion would have different tactics. They’d be campaigning and volunteering for things that make a difference not just shouting into the wind.

And then there’s the constant (untrue) claim that a “majority of women are against abortion†statements. As if that matters. The right to body autonomy isn’t something that’s up to the majority. Pizza or Chinese for dinner, sure. Whether people have absolute rights over their bodies or not, H*LL NO.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 02-21-2020 at 03:22 PM..

Old 02-21-2020, 03:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,494,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, no. Majority are pro life. I do understand why you don't believe it, because you don't WANT to believe it and PP and Women's March have you convinced that all women want babies in the womb dead no matter what.

A woman can have sex with 100 guys at once. It's HER LIFE. Once she's pregnant, she doesn't;t get to kill her child.

But once again, you fail to address the main point:

Explain why killing someone innocent is the right thing to do.

Look forward to your answer.
No. Once again, the majority of women don't want all abortion banned. Polls easily prove that. So, I can't be wrong. Furthermore, once again this year the Oklahoma Senate will not grant a committee hearing for SB13, which would ban all abortion.

Once again, ask a pregnant woman about your points made. Her doctor may advise it's too risky on her life to take a chance with going through a pregnancy. But I am grateful, her situation is none of my business. I'm not going to worry about another woman's sex life, unless it includes me.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:22 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,960,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
When used consistently and correctly, the failure rate of condoms is 3%...

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/ask_...article_em.htm

Only sterilization and IUDs are more effective than consistent and correct use of a condom...

https://americanpregnancy.org/preven...ntrol-failure/
If that 3% are aborted would you still consider that insignificant?

Old 02-21-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
No. Once again, the majority of women don't want all abortion banned. Polls easily prove that. So, I can't be wrong. Furthermore, once again this year the Oklahoma Senate will not grant a committee hearing for SB13, which would ban all abortion.

Once again, ask a pregnant woman about your points made. Her doctor may advise it's too risky on her life to take a chance with going through a pregnancy. But I am grateful, her situation is none of my business. I'm not going to worry about another woman's sex life, unless it includes me.
If a woman's life is in danger, then she should be treated. I've posted that repeatedly. It *is* part of the pro life stance.

And you REPEATEDLY IGNORE IT, and act as though I have never posted it.

Why is that?

Old 02-21-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And she's not going to get very many, if any, people to believe that her pro-life stance doesn't have it's origin in religion/the bible.
Shocking, I know.

Doesn't fit what you WANT to believe, so you dismiss it. Ignorance is king in the land of the pro abortioners.

And doesn't change the fact that *killing someone because you feel like it* is wrong.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,494,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If a woman's life is in danger, then she should be treated. I've posted that repeatedly. It *is* part of the pro life stance.

And you REPEATEDLY IGNORE IT, and act as though I have never posted it.

Why is that?
I quite clearly remember you trying to make it clear what your only exception is. But to what extent does being pro-life mean anyway? Some people who claim to be pro-life are going to also make exceptions for rape and incest. What matters most about being pro-life or pro-choice is not how you feel about it, but rather how the individual woman feels about it, who has an unwanted pregnancy.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I quite clearly remember you trying to make it clear what your only exception is. But to what extent does being pro-life mean anyway? Some people who claim to be pro-life are going to also make exceptions for rape and incest. What matters most about being pro-life or pro-choice is not how you feel about it, but rather how the individual woman feels about it, who has an unwanted pregnancy.
It's not an exception. It's providing treatment to a pregnant women.

Again: Explain how killing someone innocent is the right thing to do.

What matters most? Abortion KILLS.

At least the other poster owned it. Have more respect for those that don't hide behind euphemism to make themselves feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies