Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 11:30 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Rational people have disputed it, are disputing it, and will continue to dispute it.

The Seth Rich conspiracy theory was planted by Russian intel before being championed by Fox News' Sean Hannity.
That is preposterous. The "conspiracy theory" was always an obvious hypothesis. It didn't have to be "planted".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 11:50 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That is preposterous. The "conspiracy theory" was always an obvious hypothesis. It didn't have to be "planted".
It was planted. The Seth Rich conspiracy theory was planted by Russian intel before being championed by Fox News' Sean Hannity and others.

Fox News even retracted their story with a statement.

Look it up. Or just read all the sources I previously provided.

P.S. Re your intended and failed "logic" distraction argument: IMO, transparently twisty and preposterous.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 04-01-2020 at 12:04 PM..

Old 04-01-2020, 12:07 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
It was planted.

Fox News even retracted the story with a statement.

Look it up. Or just read all the sources I previously provided.

P.S. Re your intended and failed "logic" distraction argument: IMO, transparently twisty and preposterous.
The notion that the idea was "planted" is gaslighting of the stupidest and most transparent sort. And Fox's actions have absolutely nothing to do with Seth Rich's death. There's no reason to mention Fox in any discussion of Seth Rich. Fox is simply irrelevant.

His murder officially remains unsolved. Some people are interested in finding the truth. Others are interested in preventing that from happening. You're one of the latter.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:23 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Rational people have disputed it, are disputing it, and will continue to dispute it.

The Seth Rich conspiracy theory was planted by Russian intel before being championed by Fox News' Sean Hannity.

Conspiracy theories that former Democratic National Committee (DNC) staffer Seth Rich was murdered on the orders of 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton originated with the Russian foreign intelligence service.
The SVR circulated a fake “bulletin†it passed off as a genuine intelligence report about Rich, who was killed in Washington, D.C., in July 2016 in what the D.C. Police Department have said was a botched robbery.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/11/74060...spiracy-theory

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fbi-i...ry?id=47565705

https://www.newsweek.com/seth-rich-c...annity-1448331

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...s-ties-wikile/

Those believing and promoting this story have been duped, yet again.
Congratulations. You have the "official story" down pat.

Since the murderer - regardless of who they are - is still at large, WHY is everyone poo-pooing the idea of actually trying to find them?

That's a pretty important question to be asking, IMO.

Matt Couch (@RealMattCouch) has been investigating the murder, and boy, has he caught some flack for it. The one guy trying to find the murderer has been threatened, coerced & sued for his efforts. For trying to find a murderer. Pretty crazy that someone trying to solve a botched robbery would become enemy #1, isn't it?

Old 04-01-2020, 01:26 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Congratulations. You have the "official story" down pat.

Since the murderer - regardless of who they are - is still at large, WHY is everyone poo-pooing the idea of actually trying to find them?

That's a pretty important question to be asking, IMO.

Matt Couch (@RealMattCouch) has been investigating the murder, and boy, has he caught some flack for it. The one guy trying to find the murderer has been threatened, coerced & sued for his efforts. For trying to find a murderer. Pretty crazy that someone trying to solve a botched robbery would become enemy #1, isn't it?
What law enforcement agency does Matt Couch work for?

Yeah, he was sued by the victim's brother because Couch was claiming he (Aaron Rich) had worked with his brother to steal internal DNC emails and then sell them to WikiLeaks.
https://news.yahoo.com/it-is-indescr...100000936.html

Why am I not surprised you're hanging your hat on some conspiracy nut?

Old 04-01-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What law enforcement agency does Matt Couch work for?

Yeah, he was sued by the victim's brother because Couch was claiming he (Aaron Rich) had worked with his brother to steal internal DNC emails and then sell them to WikiLeaks.
https://news.yahoo.com/it-is-indescr...100000936.html

Probably because you're not open to information that hasn't been edited and polished to perfection before being released by whatever government authority you associate with that information.

I'm not a conspiracy guy. Really, I'm not. There's PLENTY of proof in this forum. Search for my name and "chemtrails" for a start.

There's something that isn't right about this, though, and EVERYONE knows it. Even you, I suspect, but I don't expect you'd admit it.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Sorry for the 2nd response, but I just realized something.

You think I'm "hanging my hat" on a single person's work, apparently. And why? Because that's the only source I cited, presumably.

I didn't even say he's right all the time. All I did was write that he's investigating the murder, and being harassed in various ways for doing it.

Do you really think that I'm just espousing the findings of a single independent journalist? First, that's not what I've done or am doing. Second, his twitter feed is just one place I've found info about this.

I found him because I was interested in the case. I've followed it loosely since the story broke. Watching, seeing the occasional development break and various peoples' responses to them, for years now.

There's enough circumstantial evidence to warrant the raising of an eyebrow about the lack of interest from law enforcement and the DNC in this case. Either that or they're replaying the "Birther" strategy. That's a possibility, too, although I doubt it. ETA: Oh, and I arrived at those conclusions on my own. They aren't someone else's opinions or conclusions being regurgitated.....

Old 04-01-2020, 02:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Wikipedia is unbiased and the holy grail for those that want to learn about things...you are welcome to try to change Wikipedia to fit your narrative if you like...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Seth_Rich
Is this a joke? Are you trying to be funny? I really hope you don't actually think that about Uselesspedia.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Probably because you're not open to information that hasn't been edited and polished to perfection before being released by whatever government authority you associate with that information.

I'm not a conspiracy guy. Really, I'm not. There's PLENTY of proof in this forum. Search for my name and "chemtrails" for a start.

There's something that isn't right about this, though, and EVERYONE knows it. Even you, I suspect, but I don't expect you'd admit it.
So, where's the "non-conspiracy nut" evidence, then? Couch ain't it.

Just because you don't believe in every conspiracy theory doesn't make you not a conspiracy theorist, BTW.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Sorry for the 2nd response, but I just realized something.

You think I'm "hanging my hat" on a single person's work, apparently. And why? Because that's the only source I cited, presumably.

I didn't even say he's right all the time. All I did was write that he's investigating the murder, and being harassed in various ways for doing it.

Do you really think that I'm just espousing the findings of a single independent journalist? First, that's not what I've done or am doing. Second, his twitter feed is just one place I've found info about this.

I found him because I was interested in the case. I've followed it loosely since the story broke. Watching, seeing the occasional development break and various peoples' responses to them, for years now.

There's enough circumstantial evidence to warrant the raising of an eyebrow about the lack of interest from law enforcement and the DNC in this case. Either that or they're replaying the "Birther" strategy. That's a possibility, too, although I doubt it. ETA: Oh, and I arrived at those conclusions on my own. They aren't someone else's opinions or conclusions being regurgitated.....
He's "investigating" the murder, you mean.

He's not an LEO. He's not a private investigator hired by Seth's loved ones. He's in it for a story - and is apparently not shy about making one up if he can't find it (see the brother's lawsuit).

So, where's this other evidence? I can be convinced, but in the world of pizzagate, I'm more than a little cynical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies