Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 12:00 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
No, the Democratic party will not introduce legislation to cut entitlement programs that benefit older Americans and their quality of life.
Then you just refuted your own claim.

No President can take any action regarding Social Security or Medicare, only Congress can do that. A President can either go along with it, or not (by vetoing).

So, are you now suggesting that Americans will oust the Democrats in the House in 2020 and replace them with Republicans?

Why would Americans do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2020, 12:16 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think the issue is there is more perceived fraud than there really is. My father was on Social Security Disability for roughly nine years because he broke his hip in a work accident and couldn't work. He eventually was but was limited due to the limit. He made sure he didn't hit it.
Your father is a good example of legitly needing it and what it's designed for.

There is tonnnnnnns of fraud. My BFF used to work in an Orthodontist office that dealt with Medicaid. I still can't believe this story...she had some lady demanding an extra retainer that Medicaid wouldn't cover, so she literally made a scene in the middle of the office demanding gas money for her time. This was a person with nails done, hair done, Michael Kors purse, new iPhone, etc, all on the government tit.

Cut people like that right the hell off.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:43 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
To the OP, no, its not "Propaganda from the left". Its not "Fake News" and "all a hoax". The Trump administration wants to (quietly) break his promise and cut many of these beneficial to society as a whole programs and much more. He has to pay for his tax cuts to the exorbitantly wealthy 1% and for his billion dollar border wall somehow. What is interesting and ironic, is that these proposed cuts will directly negatively affect his most ardent supporters the most (the older generation and their kids).

This administration has successfully hypnotized a portion of its supporters that taking from them is in their best interest.

How does Trump do it? I mean if I came to you and said, "It's in your best interest to give me every penny in your bank account" would you let me take your money? So why would otherwise intelligent Americans fall for this? Sounds almost like an occult religion.

Old 02-14-2020, 06:57 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Your father is a good example of legitly needing it and what it's designed for.

There is tonnnnnnns of fraud. My BFF used to work in an Orthodontist office that dealt with Medicaid. I still can't believe this story...she had some lady demanding an extra retainer that Medicaid wouldn't cover, so she literally made a scene in the middle of the office demanding gas money for her time. This was a person with nails done, hair done, Michael Kors purse, new iPhone, etc, all on the government tit.

Cut people like that right the hell off.
And she couldn't have gotten the bag and nails as a gift of course. As for the new iPhone, maybe it was the lighter version that comes out roughly a year later (Pixel v and Galaxy have this too.) I wouldn't complain about the weeds in your neighbor's yard until you lived in your neighbor's life for a day.

And also because this was a second hand story, who knows what is edited and redacted in it? I think it is common that people don't realize dental care isn't included in Medicaid. I mean it isn't exactly common knowledge.

I did think that what you are saying about this type of person being part of waste and fraud is wrong entirely. They just might have priorities backwards or had a series of gifts. Hell maybe it was a street corner Michel Koors bag.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:27 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And she couldn't have gotten the bag and nails as a gift of course. As for the new iPhone, maybe it was the lighter version that comes out roughly a year later (Pixel v and Galaxy have this too.) I wouldn't complain about the weeds in your neighbor's yard until you lived in your neighbor's life for a day.

And also because this was a second hand story, who knows what is edited and redacted in it? I think it is common that people don't realize dental care isn't included in Medicaid. I mean it isn't exactly common knowledge.

I did think that what you are saying about this type of person being part of waste and fraud is wrong entirely. They just might have priorities backwards or had a series of gifts. Hell maybe it was a street corner Michel Koors bag.

This is my best friend of 30 years since we were 9 years old thank you very much.. She knows what a MK purse and expensive phone is. She's married to a successful attorney and doesn't even have all that. Nails and hair done aren't cheap, but they have money for all this yet are demanding more free stuff?

How can you say that a scumbag woman who made a scene in the middle of a doctor's office demanding gas money for her drive because the government wouldn't pay for an extra retainer isn't garbage abuse?

She has tonnnns of similar stories but the woman demanding gas money sticks out to me the most.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:51 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are no fewer than 5 bills in Congress at this time going no place fast.

These are not the first bills proposing to authorize the Department of HHS to negotiate/ regulate drug prices.

https://www.kff.org/medicare/issue-b...-negotiations/
They are going nowhere because the are sitting on Mitch McConnell's desk gathering dust! He's a good little soldier that covers his boss Trump's ass. Trump can't be blamed for not allowing drug price negotiation if he never gets the bill. He also doesn't have to face the wrath of the pharma companies by signing it.

Old 02-15-2020, 07:36 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
This is my best friend of 30 years since we were 9 years old thank you very much.. She knows what a MK purse and expensive phone is. She's married to a successful attorney and doesn't even have all that. Nails and hair done aren't cheap, but they have money for all this yet are demanding more free stuff?

How can you say that a scumbag woman who made a scene in the middle of a doctor's office demanding gas money for her drive because the government wouldn't pay for an extra retainer isn't garbage abuse?

She has tonnnns of similar stories but the woman demanding gas money sticks out to me the most.
Because I don't know her. I know her third hand. Maybe she is a textbook example of a welfare queen. Maybe she isn't and we don't know the story. Most people have stories and aren't fitting of the welfare queen box, yet are called that. The welfare queen is myth mostly. We don't know what or why someone has something. We just assume and we all know what happens when people assume...

Old 02-15-2020, 07:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
From the way it was written, you know it is pure Leftist propaganda twisting the truth.

If I was the OP, I’d get another source of news.
Do you have source to support your claim?

Old 02-15-2020, 07:53 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
From the way it was written, you know it is pure Leftist propaganda twisting the truth.

If I was the OP, I’d get another source of news.
crazy thing is, somebody hacked the Senate website to write that.

Old 02-15-2020, 07:56 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
If Trump gets reelected he will most definitely cut Medicare and probably SS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies