Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 07:44 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Completely false. We think for ourselves - not accept what we are told by your media masters. The MSM is blatantly biased against anyone (not just Trump) that doesn't support their Orwellian fall-in-line narrative.
If you can't admit that Biden's comments on the Ukrainian Prosecutor were legit, not a crime, and were supportive of official US Policy, while Trump's were the exact opposite, then you are either lying, or else you are misinformed.

The evidence cannot be debated on this. It is well documented, and sourced:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...or/3785620002/

You can "say" you think for yourself all day long, but that is their point. They want you to think that. I'm not saying everything anti-Trump is truth, but here is ONE EXAMPLE where the truth is obvious, and a vast majority of Trump's base refuses to believe it. (And the rest apparently don't care)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 07:45 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
How is this not true, and the author's conclusion, not false?

portraying Trump as a heroic reformer cracking down on foreign corruption while Democrats plotted a coup. That this narrative bore little resemblance to reality

Trump has done what no previous president had the balls to do, and yet they campaign and promised to do, to move the US Embassy in Israel? Did Trump push for and sign criminal justice reform bill? Has Trump been reforming of federal regulations? Etc.... Yes, Trump is a reformer.

Have Democrats been trying remove him from office since he defeated Hilary? Yes. So yes, the opening conclusion the author in the article you linked is false. It's you folks who live in an alternate version from reality, so of course the truth appears as lies to you.
Uh huh. Your tangets notwithstanding, what exactly has Trump done to crack down on foreign corruption? What policy has he implemented? What overt actions has he taken? Name them.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:46 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
For discussion. Probably predictable. The base will call it lies, and the anti-Trumpers will say it's true. Still, an interesting read (I'm only part-way through it, but read enough to post for discussion).

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ufrV-S-foFG18M

Here's a rhetorical question for ALL SIDES: Anymore, how do we know what's truth, and what's a lie. I know what I believe, but fact is both sides are claiming the other is lying. I get it, if I'm a gullible Trumper, then I see something like this, and think it's propaganda. Those that are far gone on the hard left get their misinformation too. How do we get through to the fringe on all sides?
That settles it. Anyone who calls me a Trumper, I can and will call them a Peloser.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:47 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
This post reminds me of an old Paul Newman quote: If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you.
I'll call your bluff, as you have no counter point other than belittlement. Pound sand!

Old 02-07-2020, 07:50 AM

17,633 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I 100% agree with this comment, but the article shows how his disinformation has (falsely) demonized and among his base, has delegitimized the legitimate press. It demonstrates some of the tactics they used to do it.

You'll never hear me say that (any) press is unbiased. But they are spreading deliberate lies, and it works, so his entire base thinks the NYT is not reliable (one example given in the story talks about the NYT busting Dems for misinformation, but they are blind to stories like that).

I don't say Dems tell truth, nor do I say either party has our best interest. But I do say that Trump follows a path of deliberate misinformation that is unmatched in current day US Politics. He does it strategically, and it's effective enough that his base is armed with faux-confidence in their so-called truth that it's going to be very difficult to combat. And in this battle, I fear that any ethics will only be a handicap.
If you don't think the NYT is deliberately lying about Trump on a daily basis, you have not been paying attention for the past 3 years.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:51 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Uh huh. Your tangets notwithstanding, what exactly has Trump done to crack down on foreign corruption? What policy has he implemented? What overt actions has he taken? Name them.
By "crack down on", I think they mean "enhanced".

Trump supported the demonstrably CURRUPT Ukrainian leader
Trump stands with Netinyahu, as currupt as they come.
Trump threw the white flag of surrender in Syria, giving more power to Currupt Putin to take over the country.

And even his SOTU was full of whoppers that people are quoting here to prove that people who tell the truth are actually lying.

Honestly, for those of you conservatives who really do care, you should read the article. I don't expect it would change your entire allegience, but it would AT LEAST give you some tools to decipher what's what, and to call BS on both sides when you see it.

I can say, as a result of engaging with Trump Supporters (including my wife!) that I've learned a lot, and have learned to question everything, including the legit press, including my chosen candidate in any instance, including my friends and foes. No matter what side you are on, or who you support, if you can't find BS in the person you are supporting, you have probably been duped. Goes both ways. (but I still say, with good evidence, that the Trump team has taken it to a new, unprecidented (in the US) level.)

Old 02-07-2020, 07:51 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If you don't think the NYT is deliberately lying about Trump on a daily basis, you have not been paying attention for the past 3 years.
Without citing to an opinion column, can you identify some of these "deliberate lies" with specificity?

Old 02-07-2020, 07:57 AM

17,633 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Without citing to an opinion column, can you identify some of these "deliberate lies" with specificity?
Sure, bombshell after bombshell claiming that Trump was a Russian agent and colluded with the Russians to steal the 2016 election.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:59 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Or, how do we get through to the people who believe that Trump called neo-Nazis "very fine people"? That lie has been repeated so much that the fringe on the left actually thinks it's true.

Or, even more dangerous, what about the people who believed Schiff and Nadler when they say Trump considers himself a dictator or a king? The fringe believes that too.

Scary times when people actually believe such nonsense.

If I could rep you a thousand times, I would.

I'm registered as an Independent voter who has historically voted across party lines. However, the behavior of the left/Democratic party since the last Presidential election has completely alienated me. They twist the most innocuous of words into hate speech and literally make stuff up to vilify Trump. I'm no Trump fan, but the way he's been treated by the left and Dems is simply disgusting.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:00 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Who are YOU to claim exactly whom are the "arbiters of truth" or "authorities"?

After all the LIES from the left about Russia Russia Russia that led to unprecedented illegal surveillance of the Trump campaign, and presidency, you're ok with whatever those "authorities" say?

Be quiet about lies. You willingly eat up everything spoon-fed to you by, and no exaggeration, the biggest liar to ever hold public office in America.

It's absurd of you and anyone else like you to use truthfulness in any measure when you buy into the lies that Trump regularly spews.

Truth is usually objective and empirical. Sometimes truth is common-sensical. Conservatives regularly fail to live up to EITHER definition.

If I ask you name the lies in the "Russia hoax," you're going to come up with a bunch of half-truths about the investigation that been circled around the Republican blogosphere. And then you'll ignore the most simple and straight forward examples to continue lying to yourself: His son, son-in-law, and campaign advisor had a secret meeting w Russian assets to get incriminating information on Clinton. Something that ALL OF THEM LIED ABOUT HAPPENING.

And you're going to sit there with a straight face about other people lying about the Russia investigation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies