Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 08:16 AM

17,639 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
That is a generalization. I’m asking for specifics. Like an identifiable factual claim in a particular article.
You can do you own research and find dozens of corrections, retractions, and lies that have been printed in the NYT.

Here's a good article that discusses how partisan that rag is:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...rage-as-biased
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 08:16 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Right from your Ministry of Truth. BeLiEvE
Exactly. Something that even the Trump's admitted happened, you can't even stop yourself from lying about. You've lied so much about the Russian thing being a hoax that a basic fact that's been proven and agreed on can't even get you to back up and rethink it. You've been so committed to this lie bc one party fed it to you, and you guys don't have the integrity to admit you're lying when you call it a hoax.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:17 AM

3,084 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
If I could rep you a thousand times, I would.

I'm registered as an Independent voter who has historically voted across party lines. However, the behavior of the left/Democratic party since the last Presidential election has completely alienated me. They twist the most innocuous of words into hate speech and literally make stuff up to vilify Trump. I'm no Trump fan, but the way he's been treated by the left and Dems is simply disgusting.
You arent alone. I was a democrat for many yrs. voted for Obama twice. Not anymore. Im so fed up with the lies, sentences taken out of context, misinformation, by the left that it would take a very unusual democratic candidate for me to vote democratic again. What amazes me the most is how the left can ignore the crap that Obama pulled but go after Trump. Hypocrites.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:18 AM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What is the "legitimate press"?
He refers to the legitimate press then goes on to say all press is biased. Its just more 'my side is bad but yours is worse' nonsense. Not worth debating.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:19 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
And then you will claim it is only one article. So disingenuous.
The claim is that the New York Times is "deliberately lying about Trump on a daily basis". Asking the proponent of that claim to find specific examples to back it up is neither unreasonable nor should it be particularly difficult given the breadth of the claim.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:22 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Exactly. Something that even the Trump's admitted happened, you can't even stop yourself from lying about. You've lied so much about the Russian thing being a hoax that a basic fact that's been proven and agreed on can't even get you to back up and rethink it. You've been so committed to this lie bc one party fed it to you, and you guys don't have the integrity to admit you're lying when you call it a hoax.
You've been ideologically subverted. Congratulations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peywCg40Ye8

Old 02-07-2020, 08:24 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You can do you own research and find dozens of corrections, retractions, and lies that have been printed in the NYT.

Here's a good article that discusses how partisan that rag is:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...rage-as-biased
Your cited article does not refer to a single falsified fact in the NYT, much less "deliberate[ ] lying about Trump on a daily basis."

You made the claim and I asked you to substantiate it. If you are unable to do so, just let us know. Don't come back and tell me I can do my own research - it wasn't my claim to begin with, it was yours.

It sounds to me like you have bupkis to support your claim. Thank you for making yourself an exemplar for the topic of this thread. It is interesting to see.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:25 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
You've been ideologically subverted. Congratulations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peywCg40Ye8
And it worked, hence the left believe Trump is the bad guy.

Third party voters don't believe either side. Yet most vote for one or another when it comes down to the wire. Seems no one wants 100% truth. Maybe that's why we don't get it.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:28 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,069 times
Both sides lie.
Both sides believe that theirs is the only True party and the other side is made up of deplorables.
Both believe they will win in November 2020.
Only one will - so go ahead and vote. Be decided or undecided - your choice. Vote for one of the main parties or a thrid party. Don't listen to nonsense about wasted vote. You have as much constitutional right to one vote as the howler who also has one vote.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:28 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
For discussion. Probably predictable. The base will call it lies, and the anti-Trumpers will say it's true. Still, an interesting read (I'm only part-way through it, but read enough to post for discussion).

Here's a rhetorical question for ALL SIDES: Anymore, how do we know what's truth, and what's a lie. I know what I believe, but fact is both sides are claiming the other is lying. I get it, if I'm a gullible Trumper, then I see something like this, and think it's propaganda. Those that are far gone on the hard left get their misinformation too. How do we get through to the fringe on all sides?
OK

If you want honest discussion, don't start by calling millions of your fellow Americans, names. Because what it really sounds like is this.

......"Trump's supporters are stupid deplorables, and I'm smarter than all 63,000,000 of them".

Oh and yeah, backed up by OPINION from the Atlantic. So yest it was very predictable. You want to paint a broad negative brush against millions of your fellow Americans, but pretend to hold the high ground, so instead you try to hide it behind a fallacious point of logic.

Big fail. Not falling for it.

Oh and my last point. Many of us do think for ourselves, and don't need cranks from the MSM to tell us what to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies