Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 02:10 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times

Advertisements

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...h-missouri.xls

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...gh-wyoming.xls

God forbid someone need to fill up the gas tank in South Bend. Even stopping for gas in the Buttigieg's South Bend is like playing a game of Russian-Rollette.

Homicides up a whopping 80% in South Bend and 598 violent crime rates in just 6 months as a massive gang war hits South Bend.

South Bend is so dangerous that a trip to a gas station after dark could very well be one's last. The city is an economic disaster and the city can't even afford to have operating headlights.

Video of person senselessly murdered in South Bend just for going to the gas station after dark in Buttigieg's war zone of South Bend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGBAF0UQqxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7pD6rnLW_A

Amazing, how tremendously uplifting a Trump-voting Republican area like Provo is compared to Mayor Pete's South Bend

Provo has a whopping 85% less violent crime rate than South Bend.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-08-2020 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: 2 videos only
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 02:46 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Here we go again. IMO, this is another predictably divisive thread mimicking Trump's campaign strategy to "run against" American cities.

A campaign strategy, btw, which is utterly shameful. The current POTUS, after 3 years of failing to serve and protect our nation, still can't comprehend that we are The UNITED States of America...not the Red States of America or the Blue States of America.

Why do those who start numerous threads, such as this one, also fail to understand this basic concept?

Old 02-08-2020, 02:54 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Here we go again. IMO, this is another predictably divisive thread mimicking Trump's campaign strategy to "run against" American cities.

A campaign strategy, btw, which is utterly shameful. The current POTUS, after 3 years of failing to serve and protect our nation, still can't comprehend that we are The UNITED States of America...not the Red States of America or the Blue States of America.

Why do those who start numerous threads, such as this one, also fail to understand this basic concept?
Interesting, how the Democratic liberal cities give so much material for Republican campaigns.

I not a Republican cheerleader, but the Democrats are out of control and it's the agenda of the Democratic party is insane.

The cities they run in general worse by the day and the campaigns get more bizzare.

I think it is interesting how conservatism seems to be working out in Provo with liberalism failing in South Bend and many other cities.

I don't know it's that's a campaign strategy or not but exurban, outsider suburban and rural areas in general are getting much more Republican while cities are getting more liberal by the day.

Many American cities are going downhill very fast. The videos are all over the internet showing third-world or worse living conditions in many American cities.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:05 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Interesting, how the Democratic liberal cities give so much material for Republican campaigns.

I not a Republican cheerleader, but the Democrats are out of control and it's the agenda of the Democratic party is insane.

The cities they run in general worse by the day and...……..
"Sis Boom Bah"!

Old 02-08-2020, 03:09 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...h-missouri.xls

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...gh-wyoming.xls

God forbid someone need to fill up the gas tank in South Bend. Even stopping for gas in the Buttigieg's South Bend is like playing a game of Russian-Rollette.

Homicides up a whopping 80% in South Bend and 598 violent crime rates in just 6 months as a massive gang war hits South Bend.

South Bend is so dangerous that a trip to a gas station after dark could very well be one's last. The city is an economic disaster and the city can't even afford to have operating headlights.

Video of person senselessly murdered in South Bend just for going to the gas station after dark in Buttigieg's war zone of South Bend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGBAF0UQqxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7pD6rnLW_A

Amazing, how tremendously uplifting a Trump-voting Republican area like Provo is compared to Mayor Pete's South Bend

Provo has a whopping 85% less violent crime rate than South Bend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5vzZRs2UuE

I used to live there- the western part of South Bend is like the South side of Chicago. We used to call it the Western Ave Shooting Gallery.

Mayor Pete has done very little, if anything to curb the violence. In fact, South Bend was becoming a "bedroom community" for Chicago. That trend has stopped.

If South Bend is a reflection of Mayor Pete's political prowess, God help us if he is elected.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:18 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
I stopped for gas in South Bend, Indiana. No problems. Spent the night in a hotel in South Bend as well. No problem. South Bend has a pretty nice airport. Some new roads near the airport. Decent places to get food. Too bad it gets so cold and snowy in the winter though. Pretty nice metro area too. Lots of shopping in nearby Mishawaka.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:21 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
I stopped for gas in South Bend, Indiana. No problems. Spent the night in a hotel in South Bend as well. No problem. South Bend has a pretty nice airport. Some new roads near the airport. Decent places to get food. Too bad it gets so cold and snowy in the winter though. Pretty nice metro area too. Lots of shopping in nearby Mishawaka.
Its nice to know that some people get out alive!

Why didn't the opposing candidates mention any of this in the debate? Is there a DNC rule against it?

Old 02-08-2020, 03:35 PM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
There is crime in every city - there are good neighborhoods and areas you avoid. No matter who is in office - most time the crime rate changes very little - especially in this day and age when so many want to give those who commit crimes a break.

I won't vote for Pete because he doesn't have enough experience under his belt - either in politics or business. Let him prove himself first.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:37 PM

17,358 posts, read 14,613,136 times
lol.

I grew up on the south side of Chicago - and still have friends and family there that I visit quite often. I can't say I've stopped for gas though because I refuse to give a penny to Cook County and the state if I can help it .... but I've really never felt that unsafe.

I've gotten gas in Gary Indiana though - many times. Probably once a week for the last several decades. Been to ball games, the airport, shops, grabbed a bite to eat. And I'm still alive.

I've also gotten gas in South Bend... been to Notre Dame games, the zoo, Morris Performing Arts Center, gotten lunches and dinners and drinks ... still standing.

And I'm a conservative. While I think Dem leadership (specifically decades of such leadership) can do horrific things to the fabric of a city, a county and a state ... I also hate the rhetoric that every Democratic town is so toxic and crime filled, you'll get shot or carjacked the second you step a foot over the border.

Old 02-08-2020, 04:09 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I used to live there- the western part of South Bend is like the South side of Chicago. We used to call it the Western Ave Shooting Gallery.

Mayor Pete has done very little, if anything to curb the violence. In fact, South Bend was becoming a "bedroom community" for Chicago. That trend has stopped.

If South Bend is a reflection of Mayor Pete's political prowess, God help us if he is elected.

The ironic thing is that his performance as a small-town mayor is never even brought up in debates or interviews. Ultimately-his support of extremist left-wing ideology, including UBE and reparations, is rarely focused upon. He gets a pass because he's a young, gay man-and doesn't come across as a screeching, ranting, senile old man or bitter, hate-filled old lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies