Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 01:13 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Oh, I know. You have no idea how many racist comments I get sent my way from them. From "you don't talk like a typical black person" to "how are you coping with Trump in office?". I've actually gotten into arguments with them before just because I don't think that we're all oppressed poor people, and they tried to lib-splain to me that how I think is wrong.
It's a bunch of horse manure. I don't always agree with Larry Elder, but he's been talking about this stuff for 20 plus years that I know of. I've listened to him off and on again over the years, not a fan of all his stuff but he's right on a few things, this subject being one of them.

The far leftist can't stand a black guy like Larry Elder, they trash that guy all day long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2020, 01:23 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said, "There's a sucker born every minute." ?

I'm a white woman but how can I cash in on the Loony Leftists' stupidity? What kind of victimhood can I claim and ask for their money?

Old 02-06-2020, 01:23 PM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Imagine getting invited to a dinner like this by a well meaning aunt, not knowing what it was about and having to suffer through it.

Dang, if I won the lottery I'd be tempted to host one of these dinners myself. Of course I'd tell them that I'm trans and would get a dress etc.

Oh boy could I have a bunch of fun with that!

Totally play along and then have dinner served like right out of a scene from "The help" (using local actors\actresses in on the joke) then have it turn heated and have a fake shooting etc. Film the whole thing and youtube it like an epic prank.
Have it get all heated by having a Muslim, Native American, Chinese, and a trans argue about who is higher on the victim totem pole claiming all others are privileged.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:49 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
As a black man, the big issue I notice with white liberals, especially women, is that they seem to have grown up in small, UMC all-white towns that lacked much diversity. I've personally met some who moved to DC and they told me that they haven't grown up around black people or other races, so mostly, they assume that what they see on TV (aka the stereotypes; blacks are thuggish, poor, undereducated, etc), is what it's like in real life. So they move to a big city and start projecting on people.

It's like they're overcompensating for a stereotype that they created instead of simply talking to us as humans.

There was a video I saw a few years ago about this where a bunch of white liberal people assumed that blacks couldn't vote because they weren't educated enough to get ID's from the DMV. It definitely speaks to what these women are feeling so guilty about and shows the ignorance of some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2LpFkVfYk
I'm a Black man and I grew up in a predominantly White, conservative suburb. Not many White liberals where I grew up. I dealt with kids calling me the "N"word to my face. When I went to college, I found many White conservatives who grew up in a similar dynamic. Alot of them grew up not having any Blacks friends. And this was in Georgia, where Blacks are about 30% of the population. I met kids who went to high schools, in the Atlanta metro area, that were about 90% Whites. Some of those kids believed in stereotypes like "Blacks are lazy" or a few felt comfortable making racial jokes in front of me.

Some of what you describe, I've found in some White conservatives, minus any White guilt.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Oh, I know. You have no idea how many racist comments I get sent my way from them. From "you don't talk like a typical black person" to "how are you coping with Trump in office?". I've actually gotten into arguments with them before just because I don't think that we're all oppressed poor people, and they tried to lib-splain to me that how I think is wrong.
I've gotten those kinds of comments from White conservatives. Not saying that there aren't White liberals who don't say those things. I'm simply talking about MY experiences. It is rare that a White liberal ever say " you talk like a White guy". I hardly ever ran into a White liberal that said "you don't talk like a typical Black person". Where I grew up, that has come from conservatives. Just my experiences.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:13 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've gotten those kinds of comments from White conservatives. Not saying that there aren't White liberals who don't say those things. I'm simply talking about MY experiences. It is rare that a White liberal ever say " you talk like a White guy". I hardly ever ran into a White liberal that said "you don't talk like a typical Black person". Where I grew up, that has come from conservatives. Just my experiences.
The thing I notice from your posts is that you appear to tend to ignore the "condescending" factor if you will that white liberals tend to have toward black people. Like I posted up thread earlier it is real and I think it's about time that black people start to pay more attention to it. Just because they appear to nice or on your side be sure that it's coming from a place that isn't because they think or are concerned that black people can't handle their own affairs without some kind of intervention. I know that people can only attest to their own life experiences and all, I'm just saying.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The thing I notice from your posts is that you appear to tend to ignore the "condescending" factor if you will that white liberals tend to have toward black people. Like I posted up thread earlier it is real and I think it's about time that black people start to pay more attention to it. Just because they appear to nice or on your side be sure that it's coming from a place that isn't because they think or are concerned that black people can't handle their own affairs without some kind of intervention. I know that people can only attest to their own life experiences and all, I'm just saying.
You do realize that in my post, I acknowledged that there are White liberals who can be condescending. I never once denied this. My problem is that such condescending behavior, people believe this is limited to White liberals. My experiences have shown me otherwise. I've been around some White liberals in my life time. I pay attention to who might have that condescending factor. I've come across a few White liberals with that "condescending" factor. Most of the time, the persons I've come across who were condescending weren't liberals. I think about this. Stop and Frisk. The persons I know who are against it vary between liberals and conservatives. Every liberal I've had close contact with is against it. Nearly every person I've met who is pro-S&F, but even some conservatives, and every libertarian I've met, is against it. Liberals being against it, I don't see it as coming from a place of condescension. I see it as them understanding how wrong it is.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said, "There's a sucker born every minute." ?

I'm a white woman but how can I cash in on the Loony Leftists' stupidity? What kind of victimhood can I claim and ask for their money?
Women get affirmative action.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:51 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
As a black man, the big issue I notice with white liberals, especially women, is that they seem to have grown up in small, UMC all-white towns that lacked much diversity. I've personally met some who moved to DC and they told me that they haven't grown up around black people or other races, so mostly, they assume that what they see on TV (aka the stereotypes; blacks are thuggish, poor, undereducated, etc), is what it's like in real life. So they move to a big city and start projecting on people.

It's like they're overcompensating for a stereotype that they created instead of simply talking to us as humans.

There was a video I saw a few years ago about this where a bunch of white liberal people assumed that blacks couldn't vote because they weren't educated enough to get ID's from the DMV. It definitely speaks to what these women are feeling so guilty about and shows the ignorance of some people.

I don't think these kids just pulled this out of thin air.

Its Democratic policy that voter id disproportionally negatively impacts minorities. It's actually been in their party platforms.

This message is straight from the leaders and activists in the Democratic Party.

Old 02-06-2020, 03:01 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:

I don't know who Ami is, or if there's some partisan angle he's known for ... but that video needs to go to any legislator that tells us how voter ID disenfranchises black people. And the answers of the Berkeley liberals was eye-opening; but then again, they've been conditioned to not only believe what they said, but that anyone wanting voter ID laws are racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies