Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 12:04 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
130 million Americans with preexisting conditions now have Obama care coverage that Trump is trying to erase ?!
Trump has been fairly consistent on the topic of a mandate for inclusion of preexisting conditions, all along to the point it changed the GOP rhetoric. Going into the 2018 midterms, nearly every Republican professed their support for a mandate for inclusion of preexisting conditions.

The odd part was how this was in contradiction of their 8 year intent to repeal the ACA.

Trump also changed the party rhetoric from repeal to repeal and REPLACE.

The preexisting condition mandate is one of single greatest factors of premiums in the Individual Plan market. When the average cost to treat Diabetes and its complications is greater than most people’s premiums, something has to give.

One- third of the US population has been diagnosed as Diabetic or pre Diabetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 12:05 PM

46,328 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
And what you don't seem to understand is I'm looking at present candidates. My vote and yours and anyone elses is for our future. I am only concerned with that. Which candidate has the best plan going forward? I haven't decided which Democrat to vote for yet. I only know Trump isn't even in the running.

I hope this is your first time voting at age 18.....that's the only reason you'd respond like this.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Whether he is or isn't he still doesn't have a health care plan. He made it out like this was so easy to fix. What happened? By now we should of all been so amazed by this new plan he implemented that we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
It is obvious it was empty rhetoric. Probably something that popped in his head. He had no plan. Healthcare was not a part of his inaugural address. A few weeks later he let loose with “no one knew healthcare was so complicated”. No doubt he and his family had no clue. Why would they?

Some of his inner circle did, but why challenge the rhetoric that’s working. Not any diff than Obama’s blah blah about keeping your plan/ doctor thing.

Obama’s pledge the average family would save $2000+ a year was based on every state expanding Medicaid. That was challenged and SCOTUS ruled Fed could not force states to expand Medicaid. When the base assumption is changed, the outcome changes.

There is no daylight between Trump’s 2015/6 campaign promises related to healthcare and M4A. Bernie and Warren put a price tag on it. It’s DOA.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:20 PM

2,495 posts, read 869,513 times
America is getting tired of paying for all the left’s pills and phobias and anxieties. That’s a lot of money.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:23 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If I'm not mistaken I think he said something about it being replaced the first hour?
It was something along the lines of "It'll be on my desk, ready for my signature."

That was before, "Nobody knew it was complicated."

Poor ol' turkeyneck tRump.

Things just don't work the way he fantasizes.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:25 PM

46,328 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
"My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is that the amount of money you will spend on premiums will be less," Obama said. "If you are one of 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will after this plan becomes law."

What happened folks? We would not be in this situation....

Old 02-09-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Trump has no reason to do anything other than support Medicare or Social Security; he’s a believer.

Freeing individual-mandate hostages from bondage was a big step toward normalizing health care. He did that already.
No politician can oppose SS and Medicare and survive.

The basis for all Universal HC is that HC is a human right, a mandate for insurance and subsidy.

After that, no two countries use the same strategy to achieve Universal HC.

Single payer is one of many strategies being employed. A few countries rely entirely on private insurers. Most are a mixed bag.

A percentage of US people without insurance will stiff hospitals and medical practices, when they experience a healthcare issue that requires attention. This adds to the overhead of uncompensated care in the US.

An absence of a mandate is not healthcare.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
America is getting tired of paying for all the left’s pills and phobias and anxieties. That’s a lot of money.

Did you read this on the internet or just make it up?

I was not aware there was a requirement to disclose political ideology to fill a prescription.

Here’s a ranking of obesity rates by state.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/most-obese-states-in-us

Here’s a ranking of Diabetes by state.
https://stateofchildhoodobesity.org/diabetes/

Do you see a pattern?

Old 02-09-2020, 12:47 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,663,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump has been fairly consistent on the topic of a mandate for inclusion of preexisting conditions, all along to the point it changed the GOP rhetoric. Going into the 2018 midterms, nearly every Republican professed their support for a mandate for inclusion of preexisting conditions.

The odd part was how this was in contradiction of their 8 year intent to repeal the ACA.

Trump also changed the party rhetoric from repeal to repeal and REPLACE.

The preexisting condition mandate is one of single greatest factors of premiums in the Individual Plan market. When the average cost to treat Diabetes and its complications is greater than most people’s premiums, something has to give.

One- third of the US population has been diagnosed as Diabetic or pre Diabetic.
Yep...Diabetes just one of many preexisting conditions that 130 million Americans have along with current Obama care coverage that Trump is trying to desperately erase as fast as possible!

Old 02-09-2020, 01:17 PM

1,096 posts, read 419,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I hope this is your first time voting at age 18.....that's the only reason you'd respond like this.
I won't be voting for Trump and that is my choice. Don't care whether you approve or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies