Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 01:01 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Where is "Loveshiscountry" when you need him to say "You made that up"....lol. That would be apropos for Jen. These folks are entertaining, if not intellectually stimulating, I must say.
Because I only say in response to a serious comment. Someone with intellect knows that. That you don't speaks volumes.

Keep calling me out. It's entertaining.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:04 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because I only say in response to a serious comment. Someone with intellect knows that. That you don't speaks volumes.

Keep calling me out. It's entertaining.
Oh I will....I am glad that we amuse each other.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:06 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On this, what I posted above about the fact that I as a black American know that racism exists, that it is heavily centered on the idea that black people are inferior to others, and the fact that white supremacy ideology is a huge part of the greater American culture, are "interests" that directly contradict most white conservatives. {snip}
The white bigots who feel as you describe will make themselves known to you, just as black bigots make themselves known to whites. I think that true racists are few and far between, because I have only met one or two in my entire life time

There are always going to be bigots. We will never be able to design a law to make people stop being racial bigots. Just as we will never be able to pass a law to make leftists stop behaving as bigots towards Constitutional conservatives, or make Muslims like Jews.

All we can do is pass laws to make discrimination illegal, and do our best to enforce it.

I've entered into these discussions on race before. I always come away wondering if I'm just the odd man out, since I don't have a racist bone in my body. People are people to me. There are bad people and good people, smart and dumb, violent and peaceful, and what they look like has never been a determining factor for the way they behave.

So as far as you making out race to be a "a huge part of the greater American culture," I do not see it. I see the race hustlers who try to inflame racial tensions, and I see people who get offended when they are accused of being a systemically racist, and they defend themselves by pushing back against it.

This seems to be all Republicans do, is find themselves always having to push back against the unjustness of people calling them racist, homophobes, sexists, xenophobes, etc... you name it.

How do you view white Republicans pushing back against endlessly being called nasty names? Is it just something guilty people do?

Old 02-10-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
That is right. I think a lot of white people don't want to look deep inside of themselves for fear of what they might find. They hide behind things like, having black friends, dating someone black, not having hatred for blacks....etc. Yet, ask them to explain why whites are ahead of blacks socioeconomically....and then you will see their belief that whites are in some way superior to blacks. Usually, it's the belief that blacks make poor choices relative to whites. That is basically a claim that whites are naturally more intelligent than blacks. They will say that black don't take care of their families or don't start families, which is to imply that white love for their kids is superior to black love for their kids.

Racism is not about how you feel about the blacks you may know, but how and what you assume about the blacks that you don't know. What do you think about the blacks who live in the "hood", as apposed to what you think about the black person you work with and know or date. [b]A lot of white people do not know that the pillar of racism is the belief in ideas of racial superiority and inferiority. Rather, they think HATE is the foundation of racism, when its not. People often love their pets.....but they see their pets as inferior to humans. So love and hate are poor indicators of racism.
No it's not. What you described is the fear of the unknown.

You make things up about whites and how they think all the time. Is that racist?

Old 02-10-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
No it's not. What you described is the fear of the unknown.

You just made that up....lol Where are the FACTS that prove its the fear of the unknown?

Old 02-10-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Oh I will....I am glad that we amuse each other.
If it makes you feel any better. I have not been allowed into places and looked down upon because I wasn't wealthy. I've lost promotions and jobs to others when I was the better choice. Since I can't use the word racism, what's the victimhood word I should use? The first one is easy, not rich enough bigotry.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better. I have not been allowed into places and looked down upon because I wasn't wealthy. I've lost promotions and jobs to others when I was the better choice. Since I can't use the word racism, what's the victimhood word I should use? The first one is easy, not rich enough bigotry.
So you say...was it recorded in history? As far as I know you could just be "making it up"....lol. That is why you are always PROJECTING that others are making stuff up....because that is what you do

Old 02-10-2020, 01:13 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
wow, guess my post is wasted. I should have read more posts, because this thread has been taken over by the trolls, and the people feeding them.

By-by thread...

Old 02-10-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
So you say...was it recorded in history? As far as I know you could just be "making it up"....lol. That is why you are always PROJECTING that others are making stuff up....because that is what you do
lol Yea That's what it is. Y'all make these "stories" up about being successful but when I admit I've been "locked out" that is somehow made up? I'm pandering right? Why that has to be it.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:22 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,339,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The only time blacks are pandered to is during the primaries, after that, no one cares because they overwhelmingly vote Democrat no matter what, and are mostly located in heavy Democrat districts that will go for the Democrats anyway despite the turnout. Election after election it is like this.

Nominate Pete Buttigieg and trust me... black voters will switch parties.

Nominate Mike Bloomberg and trust me.. Sanders voters will switch parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies