Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2020, 03:50 PM

62,948 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
BOTH parties gerrymander district boundary's. Its not exclusive to any one party, and it's not done just for racial reasons, its done for Red vs. Blue reasons moreso. I agree this needs to end.

I think the results above show Blacks to be more racially biased in their voting than Whites.

I lived in Atlanta during that election, and Stacey Abrams had $227,000+ of credit card debt, student loan debt, and auto debt combined. That was a no go for me for somebody who wants to be Governor, so 93% of Blacks voting for her shocked me. That 93% of Black votes smacks of racism to me.
You're right. Blacks are more racially and partisan motivated than whites are. We have far more whites that are Democrats than blacks who are Republicans and many if not most whites who are Democrats voted for Obama.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:01 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
BOTH parties gerrymander district boundary's. Its not exclusive to any one party, and it's not done just for racial reasons, its done for Red vs. Blue reasons moreso. I agree this needs to end.

I think the results above show Blacks to be more racially biased in their voting than Whites.

I lived in Atlanta during that election, and Stacey Abrams had $227,000+ of credit card debt, student loan debt, and auto debt combined. That was a no go for me for somebody who wants to be Governor, so 93% of Blacks voting for her shocked me. That 93% of Black votes smacks of racism to me.
Sounds like the average American to me..... Is debt a reason not to vote for somebody?

Old 03-14-2020, 04:03 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Blacks like to vote for black people. So what? Are you going to discover that the earth is round next? Please explain to me HOW that is a problem....... For the record people tend to vote for somebody they identify with .

Old 03-14-2020, 04:08 PM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Sounds like the average American to me..... Is debt a reason not to vote for somebody?
If a person cannot mange their own personal finances well, ($227K in debt is a train wreck) why the heck would I trust them with $27 Billion of State money? Common sense to me.

Your comment troubles me greatly.

This is like giving a child who keeps falling off their tricycle, a new minibike.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:13 PM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then what is going to get more respect for Blacks from BOTH parties? The way things are, it isn't working.
Greatly overstated. Blacks account for only 13% of American voters, and their turnout is typically below the average for all voters. Since the Dems get 90+ of the Black vot in national elections, the Black vote is much more critical to Dems than Pubs.

The DEms are freakingthat Trump is starting to win over some Black voters. If Trump goes from 8% to 15% its 4 more years of the Orange man.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:23 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:

Both parties might gerrymander, but in Georgia and Alabama, where the GOP is trying to hang on to power, the gerrymandering is done to keep the GOP in power.

I would say the results have alot more to do with Brian Kemp's own record in terms of voter suppression. Purging votes, closing down polling stations, many polling stations having faulty machines (especially in predominantly Black areas. Alot of this didn't sit well with Black Americans in Georgia. And then look at his ads. The voter demographic has was appealing to was the "good old boy redneck" demographic. The commercial where he pointed a gun at his daughter's date, the commericial with explosives used,etc. None of that was appealing to Black Americans (and alot of Blacks are gun owners). I lived in Georgia at the time. I was one of those Blacks who voted against Kemp. I did it because I was scared of Kemp. Any man who purged voters, closed down polling stations, not a governor I want.

I'm not shocked that Blacks voted for Abrams in such large numbers. Kemp came off as someone who would try voter suppression.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
They will be easier to bribe and tempted to dip their paws into the public funds.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:17 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
"Moderate black social scientist" are you related to "Conservative Black Scholar" by any chance?
Not that I know of . That header is basically my race, ideology , and my college background (Sociology to be exact). That said, I typically don’t mind the aftermentioned’s contribution.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:31 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Greatly overstated. Blacks account for only 13% of American voters, and their turnout is typically below the average for all voters. Since the Dems get 90+ of the Black vot in national elections, the Black vote is much more critical to Dems than Pubs.

The DEms are freakingthat Trump is starting to win over some Black voters. If Trump goes from 8% to 15% its 4 more years of the Orange man.
Below average relative to Whites, but much higher than other minorities.

You still haven't answered my question about respect from BOTH parties.

By the way, most Blacks still don't support Trump. You want more Blacks to support Trump because Trump is YOUR candidate and YOU want Trump to win. Prove me wrong.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:34 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right. Blacks are more racially and partisan motivated than whites are. We have far more whites that are Democrats than blacks who are Republicans and many if not most whites who are Democrats voted for Obama.
Black folks have a boogeyman - which are the white folks. There's a real link to the past and it was based on race.

White men... Hispanics don't have a boogeyman.

The boogeyman is mostly used today for political/social leverage.

(Don't take me using "boogeyman" to make light of the past offenses - but in the world of politics today, it's a boogeyman)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies