Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 03:13 PM

734 posts, read 352,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I can't recall a Republican lawmaker ever tearing up a State of the Union address, at least where such an action could be seen.
No they shout out "you lie", while the President is delivering his speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 03:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
It was edited for effect. Only a moron would be "misled" by it.
Why edit it at all? What effect did those who edited it and those who've propagated the doctored video want to create?

Old 02-10-2020, 03:14 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,856,604 times
People who were there and saw said that she was tearing small tears in the papers to prepare it to tear easily when she went for the final destruction of a list of Trump's and other Americans' accomplishments. She can't hide this one. America was watching in real time.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:22 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,140,039 times
Quote:
I personally don't think it was the right and proper thing to do. I also think that doctoring the video to mislead people about Pelosi's action is not the right and proper thing to do. Unfortunately, this thread is people saying that doctoring videos and spreading misinformation is right and proper. Because evidently right and wrong no longer matter. I would point out that it is Trump supporters defending the misinformation.
What I'm saying is it doesn't matter to me about this said "doctored" video. She tore up all that was in the speech. That's what matters to me.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:22 PM

24,046 posts, read 15,157,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I read about this over the weekend. From what I'm getting from it is, the video is made to look like Pelosi tore it up at the same time the President was honoring each person.

Yes, the old bag tore up the speech, but that was at the very end after his speech was done and when President Trump was leaving the podium.

The video is made to look as though Pelosi was tearing up the speech as the honors are being read.

I can't say 100% if this is what's going on with the video that people are trying to get FB and Twitter to remove, as I've not seen it myself. I'm just putting what I read together and that's what I'm getting from it.

Never the less, Pelosi did show the world last Tuesday evening exactly what she thinks of President Trump and all that he had talked about in that speech (those who he honored that night and those past, present and future in American History). She tore them all up. The video was made to demonstrate exactly what Pelosi did that night and to whom she did it, when she tore up the speech.

I saw with my own two eyes what Pelosi did that night. Total and complete disregard for America and the American People, past, present and future.
BS.

You are correct. The Trump version is doctored.

Tearing up that speech, when the SOTU was over had nothing to do with her regard for the USA.

Trump will try to gin that incident up just like he did that player taking a knee. Just because he didn't get it or understand, does not mean he gets to define another's motives.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:24 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,856,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
BS.

You are correct. The Trump version is doctored.

Tearing up that speech, when the SOTU was over had nothing to do with her regard for the USA.

Trump will try to gin that incident up just like he did that player taking a knee. Just because he didn't get it or understand, does not mean he gets to define another's motives.
You are incorrect. Read my post above.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
What I'm saying is it doesn't matter to me about this said "doctored" video. She tore up all that was in the speech. That's what matters to me.
She tore up a copy of a speech that she felt was full of mistruths. It wasn't gospel.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:30 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,140,039 times
Quote:
She tore up a copy of a speech that she felt was full of mistruths. It wasn't gospel.
I can't wait to hear how those people who were honored that night feel about Pelosi's nationally televised temper tantrum, tearing up their losses, accomplishments and sacrifices.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I can't wait to hear how those people who were honored that night feel about Pelosi's nationally televised temper tantrum, tearing up their losses, accomplishments and sacrifices.
It's YOU characterizing her action as tearing up their losses, accomplishments and sacrifices. Funny enough, they aren't saying that.

SHE characterizes it as tearing up his mistruths, lies and mischaracterizations.

I kind of thought that in this country, she's entitled to her opinion, just as you are entitled to your opinion.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:35 PM

18,560 posts, read 8,363,897 times
Quote:
The video was doctored. To mislead people. There is no other reason to have doctored the video.
mislead to you....is clarify to other people

Doesn't matter....this is a woman that's been in politics all her life....if the shoe was on the other foot she sure as hell would have used it...bought time on TV and run ads

...and now she's pissing...and it's no ones fault but her own

she planned it...tore the papers ahead of time....prepped for it....even put on her "Nancy" face to do it

...and now pissin and moaning because "she" was too stupid to think it through
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies