Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 10:48 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
These people really tick me off. They do this in other places, as well. Seattle area is another one that likes to kill wild animals after the people intruded on the wild animals land because they all needed to have a house in the mountains.

Camarillo is the same - you're going to be right at the mountains (the Canejo Grade is right there at Camarillo, 7% incline for about 2.5 miles going east towards L.A.).

If you don't want wild animals around, don't live where wild animals live. Don't leave your pets outside all day long. If it's livestock, keep the animals in at night, and monitor them during the day.

But most importantly, don't live in the fricken mountains where we've pushed all the animals after destroying their habitat for another ugly strip mall.
Yeah right. Can't watch them all the time. And it sure isn't just in the mountains.

Fox will come in and grab chickens right in front of people.

Anywhere you keep outdoor animals predators will make their way over. Heck even indoor pets sometimes get visitors. I've had a hawk hit the window trying to get my parrot. People have wild animals looking at their pets, and sometimes at us, through a glass door licking their chops. Bears will break your door down if they are hungry enough.

I suppose any human development could be considered an intrusion on wild land and animals. But we can't live together with all of these animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 11:04 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Yeah. I don't feel bad if the cat was becoming a nuisance. One killed a lady jogger in a rural community where I lived in CA.
Ah. Would that community possibly have been Kuhl? I'm quite familiar with that incident and it awakens certain issues with me.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:05 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ah. Would that community possibly have been Kuhl? I'm quite familiar with that incident and it awakens certain issues with me.
Well despite your spelling that would be a yes.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:12 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's unfortunate these magnificent wild animals are killed for being what they are.

Yet they give slaps on the wrist towards violent human criminals throughout California.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mountain-...032707110.html
Look at the real deal here. The mountain lions are loosing their habitat because of......what? Because of population growth. Why all the booming population growth in California over the past say 40 years? That's right, because there are hundreds of thousands of immigrants coming into the state across the borders every year. And what is the average size of a "minority" family in California? On average each couple that have come into America have between 3 and 5 kids. California has been fast tracking the building of mega apartment buildings over the past say 10 years now.

This is why we have so many more mountain lion sightings in residential area now. Building on the land that was once home to the mountain lion and it's food sources. Making housing for the absolutely exploding population growth.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:05 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Well despite your spelling that would be a yes.
Sorry bout the spelling. The shop I worked at in Reno at that time raised a 500 dollar donation or that ladies husband and kids.

That was a bad thing. It really ticked us off because the donations for the orphaned lion Cubs far outweighed what was donated for the ladies family.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:09 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Since Mt Lions are protected in CA that number will go nowhere but up.

Old 02-12-2020, 03:37 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
When a big cat gets into a densely populated area - they do try to remove it safely, but if it's not possible, they can dispatch (kill) it if it poses a threat to people. Several years ago a cougar did get into a heavily populated residential area with a school nearby, probably via the drainage creeks in town. They couldn't traquilize the animal without it being close to humans so they had to destroy it.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:30 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Sorry bout the spelling. The shop I worked at in Reno at that time raised a 500 dollar donation or that ladies husband and kids.

That was a bad thing. It really ticked us off because the donations for the orphaned lion Cubs far outweighed what was donated for the ladies family.
The situation was disgusting and occurred in the gated community right across the street from us. Thing is the place was loaded with idiots who didn't want any of the predators harmed and would put food out. We had so many stinking black bears and mountain lions around because of those fools who protested any attempt to maintain the predator population. Some people are too stupid to live rural.

It's ok about the spelling. Nothing fancy just the regular old word Cool.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:36 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Look at the real deal here. The mountain lions are loosing their habitat because of......what? Because of population growth. Why all the booming population growth in California over the past say 40 years? That's right, because there are hundreds of thousands of immigrants coming into the state across the borders every year. And what is the average size of a "minority" family in California? On average each couple that have come into America have between 3 and 5 kids. California has been fast tracking the building of mega apartment buildings over the past say 10 years now.

This is why we have so many more mountain lion sightings in residential area now. Building on the land that was once home to the mountain lion and it's food sources. Making housing for the absolutely exploding population growth.
Mountains lions in the US are more numerous now than they were 60-70 years ago, before all that mass immigration began.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:44 PM

190 posts, read 57,053 times
I've got mixed opinions on this. I hate where people move out into areas known to be habitats for mountain lions and such and then complaining about them being a nuisance, but have no problem with them shooting all the gators they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies