Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 07:24 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times

Advertisements

This should fix any sympathy pangs. I feel sorry for the children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4OYPiV1GsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H5NJZMDumY&t=109s

Old 02-12-2020, 07:30 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,934 times
I feel sorry for him too and I agree that he looks aged and not well since he began the campaign. I also wish he would bow out gracefully and enjoy a peaceful retirement with his family. He should follow Obama's lead. Obama and Michelle left the pressures and stress of the political arena and are truly enjoying their lives.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:32 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
I feel a little sorry for him. I've met him, randomly out in public a few years ago. He was outside a book store. He seems like the kind of person who would make a good neighbor. Seemed genuinely kind. I liked him as a person when I met him. I know he has a stutter which explains his odd way of speaking. But he's not going to win. He dwells too much in the past and isn't looking forward. Like another poster said, he really don't seem to stand for anything except hating Trump and that's not going to win over independents who are neutral to Trump. His time has passed.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:34 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
2020 is biden's third time at bat and he's never had a single hit.

he never won a single primary in 1988, 2008, or 2020.

that is pretty sad...

but, for 40 years he made himself and his family filthy rich by spreading his message to help the 'common folk'.

biden is a complete fraud.
He and his wife have an estimated net worth of $9 million which includes his pension. While that’s comfortable, it’s hardly “ filthy rich”.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michela.../#7955a05a104d

His wife has long been the primary breadwinner in the family

Nearly every former politician who is not independently wealthy jumps onto the speaker’s circuit, authors books and oftentimes become paid political commentators on cable news it’s as bipartisan as it gets.

I don’t worship politicians or feel sadness when their time and place is over.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:05 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
James Biden. What $1B contract?
The CEO of Hillstone met with a Biden aide, then hired Biden's brother, and then was awarded a $1.5B construction contract in Iraq - all within a 3-week period. And without any experience in construction. Odd.

https://davidharrisjr.com/steven/jam...ro-experience/

Old 02-12-2020, 08:06 AM

862 posts, read 519,757 times
I do, although I view myself more as an Independent.

Whoever talked him into running should feel really bad right now.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Ukraine and the Trump impeachment was to get rid of Biden first, and smear Trump second.
Doesn't really make sense, although I agree with you that it was an anti-Biden effort. Sanders, the likely nominee instead of Biden, is just as unelectable. Who in the world are the Dems hoping will clinch the nomination? Certainly not the gay mayor of a small town with nothing but a failed record to run on. I'm totally perplexed.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
I feel sorry for him too and I agree that he looks aged and not well since he began the campaign. I also wish he would bow out gracefully and enjoy a peaceful retirement with his family. He should follow Obama's lead. Obama and Michelle left the pressures and stress of the political arena and are truly enjoying their lives.
Yup......in that multi-million dollar house. I suppose "pushing equality" for all Americans works!

Old 02-12-2020, 08:12 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
He has been a professional bully his entire adult life, and has repeatedly sought to increase his bullying power over the entire populace. Why would I feel bad that he has not been granted an increase in his bullying powers?

Nope. I refuse to feel bad for a bully.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:13 AM

446 posts, read 167,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Maybe it's my "too-soft" female heart, but I'm starting to really feel sorry for Biden. He used to be a seemingly nice guy able to articulate his thoughts fairly well, but now he's turning into an ornery old man, snapping at and insulting potential voters, and fumbling words repeatedly. (His latest was to say that Nevada and New Hampshire were in the rearview mirror, when of course he meant Iowa). FWIW, I suspect the stress of the campaign, and the revelation about his son Hunter's riches from the corrupt Ukrainian company, is making his very apparent age-related cognitive decline (and perhaps even early signs of dementia) more pronounced.

He looks like he has aged 10 years, with a pallor that makes him look sick, in the past several months, and now we have him fleeing NH in advance of a humiliating primary loss. He's trying desperately to hold on, with the hopes that "his" African-Americans (he did seem possessive of them in the last debate) will swoop down to rescue him in South Carolina.

To quote a favorite Trump phrase: so sad. How many of my fellow Republicans feel sorry for him (he did lose his first wife and infant daughter in a car crash, and then his lost his adult son Beau recently), and think he should just step down to save his sanity and enjoy his remaining years stress-free?

Biden is one of these people, like HIllary or Mitt romney, who will simply never be president. It's just not gonna happen. He's been running for 40 years and never got above 4-5%. Don't feel bad for him he has a long list of accomplishments to hang his hat on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies